Conquer Club

Trump: Elect me as dictator

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Trump: Elect me as dictator

Postby GaryDenton on Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:46 pm

Trump in an ALL CAPS rant repeats arguments his lawyers have been making. The president must be immune from all laws. Elect me as dictator.

“A president of the United States must have full immunity, without which it would be impossible for him/her to properly function,” Trump posted on Truth Social Thursday morning. (Edited to remove all caps.) “Any mistake, even if well intended, would be met with almost certain indictment by the opposing party at term end. Even events that ‘cross the line’ must fall under total immunity, or it will be years of trauma trying to determine good from bad.”

I stand for the Constitution, as I hope most Americans do.

My response is Hell NO, over my dead body. You belong in prison, not in any office. He wants to end the American Democratic Republic experiment and end democracy in favor of Fascist rule. NO.

To fend off former President Donald Trump’s election subversion charges, his lawyers have argued in recent weeks that presidents should be immune to criminal prosecution. Trump himself has now made the case directly to the public, and in signature fashion: a lengthy, all-caps social media rant that envisions the presidency as autocracy.

“A president of the United States must have full immunity, without which it would be impossible for him/her to properly function,” Trump posted on Truth Social Thursday morning. (Edited to remove all caps.) “Any mistake, even if well intended, would be met with almost certain indictment by the opposing party at term end. Even events that ‘cross the line’ must fall under total immunity, or it will be years of trauma trying to determine good from bad.”

The big-picture takeaway from Trump’s post is that he imagines the president not as a civil servant constrained by the law but as an absolute ruler.

“You can’t stop police from doing the job of strong & effective crime prevention because you want to guard against the occasional ‘rogue cop’ or ‘bad apple,’” Trump added. “Sometimes you just have to live with ‘great but slightly imperfect.’ All presidents must have complete & total presidential immunity, or the authority & decisiveness of a president of the United States will be stripped & gone forever. Hopefully this will be an easy decision. God bless the Supreme Court!”

Trump’s argument that it’s impossible to function as a head of state without immunity to criminal prosecution is dangerous. As my colleague Jordan Rubin has explained, presidential immunity is a real concept, but the Supreme Court has only granted it “in the civil context, and in limited circumstances at that.” Then-President Richard Nixon was sued by a U.S. Air Force analyst who said he was unjustly fired after testifying before Congress about cost overruns, but in 1982 the Supreme Court ruled that a president is immune to civil damages stemming from his official duties. However, Trump is arguing for immunity from criminal charges, not civil lawsuits. And he’s explicitly calling for “total immunity” even for acts that “cross the line” — which suggests he wants to be protected for acts that involve violating the law and would fall outside of official duties.

Trump tries to rationalize his position by hinting at the way that police benefit from qualified immunity. Qualified immunity is a legal doctrine that holds public officials to a lower standard for violating someone’s legal rights as a tool for protecting them from costly civil lawsuits and helping them function in their jobs more efficiently. There is an intelligible logic to the idea, but it’s clear that qualified immunity has too often allowed American police officers to stand above the law and get away with systematic — and often lethal — abuse. Of course for Trump, that’s not a bug, but a feature. He wants the legal system — or his followers — to give him what he seems to take as a license for police officers to break laws and use excessive force with impunity.

The big-picture takeaway from Trump’s post is that he imagines the president not as a civil servant constrained by the law but as an absolute ruler restricted only by his own moral reservations. In a classic bit of authoritarian ends-justify-the-means thinking, the argument is that greatness can only be achieved by discarding the kinds of rules that apply under normal circumstances or to normal citizens. It is an explicit argument against the way rule of law is meant to operate in a democratic society.

Regardless of how the courts rule on Trump’s immunity arguments, it’s significant that he’s so openly broadcasting his authoritarian vision to his followers. Trump is effectively incorporating an argument for dictatorial power into his policy platform. Everybody who votes for him this time should be considered complicit in aiding his autocratic ambitions.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/trump-immunity-2024-rcna134501
{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Republicans are puppy killers.
Sergeant 1st Class GaryDenton

Re: Trump: Elect me as dictator

Postby HitRed on Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:15 pm

I'm voting for him. :D
Captain HitRed

Postby Pack Rat on Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:47 pm

HitRed wrote:I'm voting for him. :D

God's choice, huh
Corporal 1st Class Pack Rat

Postby lokisgal on Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:56 pm

we should expect him to want to be or be if,god forbid, he gets elected , a dictator. He wants to be like Kim, Putin and his idol Adolf.
I cant understand why people cant see this or understand that a dictator is for life. A dictator has absolute power. They are not held accountable for their actions and can do whatever they please, even limiting citizens' freedom and rights. If you think that wont affect those of you who vote for him you are sadly mistaken. If you want to live in a place like North Korea move there but dont let that happen here
I know this will go over many heads because the koolaid is strong and the rabbit hole is very deep
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby HitRed on Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:09 pm

Pack Rat wrote:

God's choice, huh

Agreed
Captain HitRed

Postby lokisgal on Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:28 pm

HitRed wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:

God's choice, huh

Agreed

You dont seem to understand what sarcasm is
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:33 pm

HitRed wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:

God's choice, huh

Agreed

Weird that God would chose a lifelong wife cheater with latent syphilis who's spent most of his life doing the exact opposite of everything Jesus taught... but who am I to question 'God according to Hitred'
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby HitRed on Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:39 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
HitRed wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:

God's choice, huh

Agreed

Weird that God would chose a lifelong wife cheater with latent syphilis who's spent most of his life doing the exact opposite of everything Jesus taught... but who am I to question 'God according to Hitred'

'God can only use perfect people' - Mookie
Captain HitRed

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:50 pm

In 1999, Trump publicly said he was a supporter of abortion rights as a matter of women’s choice. In an interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Trump was asked whether he would ban abortions, or at least “partial-birth” abortions. He said he would not, and that he is “pro-choice in every respect.”
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby GaryDenton on Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:51 pm

Trump's supporters are ill-informed and stupid people.
Gullible. and they like conmen who tell them what they want to hear.
But I have made my choice, to be a real defender of America.
{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:03 pm

HitRed wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
HitRed wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:

God's choice, huh

Agreed

'Evil people would never use God as cover for grifting the pious' - Hitred
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Pack Rat on Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:04 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
HitRed wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
HitRed wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:

God's choice, huh

Agreed

'Evil people would never use God as cover for grifting the pious' - Hitred

Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. And He said to them, “It is written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer,' but you have made it a 'den of thieves.

Postby Votanic on Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:08 pm

HitRed wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:

God's choice, huh

Agreed

Even in your darkest hour, surrounded by the enemies of rightousness,
Fear Not! for I am with you.

Yes, this is basically the same avatar of Christ as the one that is constantly keeping Mookie from shooting up.
Sergeant 1st Class Votanic

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:40 pm

Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby KoolBak on Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:53 pm

This thread has hit rock bottom :lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby lokisgal on Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:57 pm

lets not all forget about the separation between church and state and that there are many religions practiced in the US. You are free to have your own beliefs but not to hold them above others.
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby pmac666 on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:02 pm

Major pmac666

Postby karel on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:15 pm

yes let trump be a dictator i want him to,he will clean up the border and deport everyone who came here illegally,im all for that.....And yes he will open the oil fields back up,yes the left will call him that but what ever im a deplorable and i dont give 2 shits,trump only one who can clean up all the lefts brainwashing trans crap up,time for someone who can not be bought,bribed,the left have left us in a shit hole for sure and trump will get us out and back on our feet..god bless trump and america,someting the left could care less for
Corporal karel

Postby Votanic on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:27 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Image

Beware of False Prophets (and false profits too...)
After all, Biden only liberally and indulgently enabled the drug use of his only (surviving) begotten son.
Some sons die while ridding the world of (original) sin, and others die only from their own vice and consequences of their own (personal) sin.
Sergeant 1st Class Votanic

Postby Pack Rat on Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:53 am

karel wrote:yes let trump be a dictator i want him to,he will clean up the border and deport everyone who came here illegally,im all for that.....And yes he will open the oil fields back up,yes the left will call him that but what ever im a deplorable and i dont give 2 shits,trump only one who can clean up all the lefts brainwashing trans crap up,time for someone who can not be bought,bribed,the left have left us in a shit hole for sure and trump will get us out and back on our feet..god bless trump and america,someting the left could care less for

Under the Biden Administration...the United States of America leads the world in oil production. We are energy independence and export oil, refined gas and LG.

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:57 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
HitRed wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:

God's choice, huh

Agreed

--------GOD/JESUS....and MARY MAGdAlene... :D ... Weird, do you know anything about GOD???...F.Y.I. , GOD is all forgiving, You need to go back to Sunday School...Mookie...
-------- That is why the office of The President of The United States of America is sacred...The Oval Office...Gary...
-------- The President should by able to make decisions without worrying about , attacks after They leave office...
-------- Some are mad at Biden for his attacks , missile strikes...
-------- The President can send troops anywhere for 90 days...As Commander an Chief...After that , Congress votes to keep them there(spend money), or bring them home...
-------- Just like Obama killed people in a hospital with a strike (off course)...He , because The President is immune... Can't, and shouldn't be attacked for his action, after he left office...Or LBJ's carpet bombing campaign in Vietnam...More bombs dropped, than in the entire Second World War...By your accounts, LBJ should by held/charged for War Crimes...THAT IS WHAT TRUMP IS SAYING...A President can't lead/act with their hands tied...They need to be free to make tough decisions... That's what a leader does...
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby GaryDenton on Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:11 pm

A new MAGA+ ignorance spouter!

yes let trump be a dictator i want him to,he will clean up the border and deport everyone who came here illegally,im all for that.....And yes he will open the oil fields back up,yes the left will call him that but what ever im a deplorable and i dont give 2 shits,trump only one who can clean up all the lefts brainwashing trans crap up,time for someone who can not be bought,bribed,the left have left us in a shit hole for sure and trump will get us out and back on our feet..god bless trump and america,someting the left could care less for

Biden has oil pumping way more than Trump, at record levels. And all your other ignorance is BS.

Dementia Trump looks bad, how soon before he keels over? He needs to go to prison because they will put him in a hospital.

If Joe Biden was this bad everyone would be all over him to resign, both sides, all media. But it is Trump, we are all used to him being a demented baby.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-confuses-nancy-pelosi-with-nikki-haley-blames-the-latter-for-jan-6-capitol-riot-nikki-haley-is-in-charge-of-security/

Former President Donald Trump blamed his Republican presidential opponent and former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley for the Jan. 6 Capitol riot during a rally on Friday.

Speaking in Concord, New Hampshire, Trump confused his former ambassador to the U.N. with former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). Trump has previously blamed Pelosi for the security breakdown that enabled the Jan. 6 Capitol riot to take place. During his speech, Trump repeatedly said Haley’s name before claiming she was behind the lapse.

“You know, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, you know they– do you know they destroyed all of the information and all of the evidence?” Trump told the crowd. “Everything. Deleted and destroyed all of it. All of it because of, lots of things. Like, Nikki Haley is in charge of security. We offered her 10,000 people.”
{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Postby karel on Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:18 pm

you really are informed,`1 thing gas is alot higher ten when trump was prez,o yea we buying our oil now(why) gas is so high,and haley cant even win her own state and has been bought by the dems,another foolish libard,she will drop out soon as she should as she not fit for any office
Corporal karel

Postby HitRed on Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:35 pm

Do the will of the one who sent me. - Jesus
Captain HitRed

Next

Return to Out, out, brief candle!