Conquer Club

April Eclipse

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

April Eclipse

Postby KoolBak on Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:53 pm

DoD...looks like you may be in the direct path (based on where I believe you live)?

Yes? You gotta do something cool manno :lol:

https://science.nasa.gov/eclipses/futur ... here-when/
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Re: April Eclipse

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:14 pm

Yes, hoping to.

My son is coming down (a seven hour drive, so we don't see as much of him as we would like to nowadays) along with his wife and my granddaughter. My daughter already lives in this area, along with her boyfriend. My mother is coming. Given that we're a small family to begin with and most of our relatives live in Europe, a gathering of me, my mother, my kids and my one grandkid is pretty much the entire Canadian branch of the family. Also my new wife will have her two grandchildren. My mother has gone ahead and bought ten pairs of eclipse glasses. So we're pretty excited about the whole thing.

The exact place we're going to go is still being worked on, but we're doing something. It's a big deal, tourist-wise. There are lots of free concerts and stuff that night.

The one possible fly in the ointment is my work. The Ministry of Transportation is forecasting one million visitors to Niagara, and they're giving us extra money to have extra staff on hand in case there are emergency detours to set up, etc. Extra money is like crack to an addict for my bosses, and they've been asked to have double staff on hand for every patrol area. My boss told me he expects me to work, and I basically said, "bad news, buddy. Not going to miss a once-in-a-lifetime event for a few hundred dollars." So we're at an impasse with that. I'm hoping if I volunteer to work the night before and the night after, they'll let me have the day. We shall see. Even if I can take a couple hours off for the actual event, I'll be happy.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby KoolBak on Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:55 pm

f*ck yeah brother.....sounds really cool, and an excellent opportunity to show off your shiny new bride :D

Don't let the man bring you down!!

I expect pictures.....

AND:

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:30 am

same source as KB:

The Monday, April 8, 2024, total solar eclipse will cross North America, passing over Mexico, the United States, and Canada. The total solar eclipse will begin over the South Pacific Ocean. Weather permitting, the first location in continental North America that will experience totality is Mexico’s Pacific coast at around 11:07 a.m. PDT.

The total solar eclipse will be visible along a narrow track stretching from Texas to Maine on April 8, 2024. A partial eclipse will be visible throughout all 48 contiguous U.S. states.

The path of the eclipse continues from Mexico, entering the United States in Texas, and traveling through Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. Small parts of Tennessee and Michigan will also experience the total solar eclipse. The eclipse will enter Canada in Southern Ontario, and continue through Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Cape Breton. The eclipse will exit continental North America on the Atlantic coast of Newfoundland, Canada, at 5:16 p.m. NDT.

btw: I already posted (on 3/5/24) in Astronomy thread:

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=226012&start=850
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby KoolBak on Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:57 am

DoD is cool enough to warrant his own thread 8-)

AND:

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:00 am

--------Right in the Path... =D> =D> =D> ...I seen the one in the Fall on the weather channel...They talked about this one...They have the best coverage...Like Groundhog Day...That's where you want to watch the coverage...If you are not in the path...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Pack Rat on Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:31 am

My girlfriend and I will probably do a road trip to Texas from Arizona.
Sergeant 1st Class Pack Rat

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:28 pm

KoolBak wrote:DoD is cool enough to warrant his own thread 8-)

So is the Eclipse, unless there are too many clouds. :D :( :o :shock: 8-)
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,