Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:49 pm

betiko wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
betiko wrote:By the way speaking of the conf cup and lyon... They must be so pissed to see that Fred still has game!! :evil:
Fred was lyon s striker during the juninho years and he was sent back to brazil for free because his brother/agent was a huge dick and was trying to take advantage of every little thing. Fred & juninho were both playing and scoring during the world cup 2006 being lyon players.

And in your face spain! The win streak is over :P

Brazil had some help from FIFA, if what Spain claims is true, that they treated them poorly.

I didn't like Brazil winning because that's not Brazil, at least not the historical Brazil. I'd like to see them play jogo bonito again.

Help from where? They can go insert stuff in their anus. They can t even score penaltys what are they talking about? Spain got spanked fair and square.

And no joga bonito with neymar, fred, paulinho, oscar up there? It was a very entertaining game and they have a brilliant attack line. Or is it that torres made you wet?

According to a note in Marca, that I cannot find now, they said they didn't let them stay in good places, neither move around, they were stuck in low quality hotels, and some other things. They trained a couple of times in a place were there were no showers, they didn't know if they would be able to train in Maracana (not sure if they did in the end) and some other things.

The referee allowed too many fouls to Brazil in the first half.

I think Brazil beat them in the final fair and square, but IMO, that's not the Brazil of the joga bonito.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:55 pm

f*ck marca. Worse paper ever wouldn t use it to clean my ass but yet i can t restrain from reading it.. Same for spanish people who hate that sensationalist chauvinist load of anti journalism sports press.

If the spanish players weren t so buisy playing strip poker with brazilian prostitutes in their 5 star hotel during a competition they might not have those lame excuses.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 pm

betiko I think you are hanging out too much with max and you're getting a little cranky like him
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:22 am

nietzsche wrote:betiko I think you are hanging out too much with max and you're getting a little cranky like him

Lol. I do hate marca, and like 80% of the spanish people agree on this: this is shit. It is not sports journalism. It is just about writing anything that will sell paper. It is ridiculously self centered on spain and the real madrid. You are a madrid fan from outside and maybe you don t even realize it.

And did you not read the story about the strip poker sessions with prostitutes the spanish team had in their hotel during the conf cup last week??
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:45 am

betiko wrote:
nietzsche wrote:betiko I think you are hanging out too much with max and you're getting a little cranky like him

Lol. I do hate marca, and like 80% of the spanish people agree on this: this is shit. It is not sports journalism. It is just about writing anything that will sell paper. It is ridiculously self centered on spain and the real madrid. You are a madrid fan from outside and maybe you don t even realize it.

And did you not read the story about the strip poker sessions with prostitutes the spanish team had in their hotel during the conf cup last week??

THe best of marca are the user comments. But I'm not going to read the Sport if I'm a RM fan.

Yes I heard, but I'm sick of those notes really. Imagine you had all that money and were hanging out with friends in a foreign country, no wives (except Shakira). What would you do when invited? Play normal poker? You can't even get wasted cause they'd smell you training in the morning.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:42 pm

well in that case would you find excuses for losing such as "the hotel premises were not good enough and because of that the team didn't rest/wasn t concentrated as they should ve" when everybody knows because it was all over the press that the players were too buisy playing strip poker all night?

sport is shit, as is shit, el mundo deportivo is shit too. They are all sensationalist. In france we have 1 big sports newspaper, l'equipe and it always remains quite neutral except for the national team. And when it's about the national team it's no way as chauvinist as the spaniard press can be.

In terms of article comments, it's horrible everywhere. People only know how to be insulting and agressive, spell like 6 years old and write tons of bullcrap.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:05 pm

betiko wrote:well in that case would you find excuses for losing such as "the hotel premises were not good enough and because of that the team didn't rest/wasn t concentrated as they should ve" when everybody knows because it was all over the press that the players were too buisy playing strip poker all night?

sport is shit, as is shit, el mundo deportivo is shit too. They are all sensationalist. In france we have 1 big sports newspaper, l'equipe and it always remains quite neutral except for the national team. And when it's about the national team it's no way as chauvinist as the spaniard press can be.

In terms of article comments, it's horrible everywhere. People only know how to be insulting and agressive, spell like 6 years old and write tons of bullcrap.

Marca comentators are actually smarter and more centered than the journalists. They usually call the crap in the articles, and they seem to be able to see the reality, except for when they are hardcore RM or Barca fans talking shit to each other. If you order the comments by user votes you get the funnier and most centered comments in the first two pages.

For instance, they make fun of Arbeloa with reason (including RM fans). When the note on Alves (or some other player) crashing and leaving his car behind, the best comments were of the many Arbeloas that were in the scene.

Arbeloa:
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Spanish people can be really funny and with a great humour. Marca is such RM brainwashing shit that you don t need to be very smart to see where they are going with their articles.
Or you know that any transfer made official on marca is not official until it s in foreign press. They always make a fool of themseves anouncing stuff for sure just tu sell paper. I just can t stand them. Remember when eduardo inda was head of marca and he made his own chronicle? Oh my, i hated his guts so much! What a self centered idiot.
Anyway, spanish people are very self centered and don t know much what s going on outside of their country for most of them, a bit like americans.

So nietzsche, what did you think of spain wining vs mexico in the 90' 2-1 in the u20 world cup tonight? France has beaten turkey 4-1 (hard attack might not be happy, hehe)
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:30 pm

betiko wrote:Spanish people can be really funny and with a great humour. Marca is such RM brainwashing shit that you don t need to be very smart to see where they are going with their articles.
Or you know that any transfer made official on marca is not official until it s in foreign press. They always make a fool of themseves anouncing stuff for sure just tu sell paper. I just can t stand them. Remember when eduardo inda was head of marca and he made his own chronicle? Oh my, i hated his guts so much! What a self centered idiot.
Anyway, spanish people are very self centered and don t know much what s going on outside of their country for most of them, a bit like americans.

So nietzsche, what did you think of spain wining vs mexico in the 90' 2-1 in the u20 world cup tonight? France has beaten turkey 4-1 (hard attack might not be happy, hehe)

The first goal of Spain was lucky to some extent, Mexico outplayed Spain up to that point, but didn't have the stamina to continue to do it after the goal. Mexico could've scored a couple of goals more in the first half.

Even the second goal was lucky.

But to win you have to play 90 mins. Mexico burned out all it's stamina in the firs 75.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:51 am

Cavani about to sign with psg for 63Mā‚¬. What a team! I don t know if cavanimand ibra can play together though!
Major betiko

Postby ConorJames on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:11 pm

I don't suppose anyone is planning on watching the Bundesliga when it starts next month?

I'm probably the most casual, noob-ish football watcher on the planet, but as I recently moved to Germany I'm planning to watch it and try to get into it.
Cadet ConorJames

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Whatever you do, don't become a Bayern fan. They have enough plastic fans as it is.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby betiko on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:23 pm

ConorJames wrote:I don't suppose anyone is planning on watching the Bundesliga when it starts next month?

I'm probably the most casual, noob-ish football watcher on the planet, but as I recently moved to Germany I'm planning to watch it and try to get into it.

Which city will you be in? No matter what you got to sport the club of your city eh! ;)

Problem in this thread is that there aren t much people interested in european leagues in general. There s a few that come in here once in a while just to talk about arsenal/united/tottenham.

This summer psg and monaco are the big shots with so many high class transfers, both spending over 100Mā‚¬ but it s not even commented when i mention it.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:34 pm

We don't get Bundesliga games on TV here. I get all La Liga, around 4 Premier and a couple of Calcio games per week.
General nietzsche

Postby ConorJames on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:49 pm

betiko wrote:
ConorJames wrote:I don't suppose anyone is planning on watching the Bundesliga when it starts next month?

Which city will you be in? No matter what you got to sport the club of your city eh! ;)

I live in Bielefeld but it has been decided (by my girlfriend and her entire family) that I will be supporting Borussia Dortmund instead. Who am I to argue? Especially since Arminia Bielefeld seem to be pretty awful and are only second division anyway. :P
Cadet ConorJames

Postby rishaed on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:57 pm

ConorJames wrote:
betiko wrote:

I live in Bielefeld but it has been decided (by my girlfriend and her entire family) that I will be supporting Borussia Dortmund instead. Who am I to argue? Especially since Arminia Bielefeld seem to be pretty awful and are only second division anyway. :P

:lol: :lol:
The people where I was at hated Bayern and went for Dortmund, even though I was closer to HSV or Hannover 96
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:36 am

rishaed wrote:
ConorJames wrote:
betiko wrote:

:lol: :lol:
The people where I was at hated Bayern and went for Dortmund, even though I was closer to HSV or Hannover 96

if you like trolling, please go with schalke 04. They are very good too and will be playing the champion's league as well. Dortmund's biggest rival ever!!
Major betiko

Postby ConorJames on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:10 am

I'm not averse to trolling under most circumstances, but I have been sternly warned away from having anything to do with Schalke 04. Wearing a Bayern Munich jersey around the girlfriend's family would be a mean joke but they might see the funny side. Wearing a Schalke jersey would be grounds for immediate, violent execution. There are lines I am simply not ballsy enough to cross, and that's one of 'em. :P
Cadet ConorJames

Postby betiko on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:36 am

ConorJames wrote:I'm not averse to trolling under most circumstances, but I have been sternly warned away from having anything to do with Schalke 04. Wearing a Bayern Munich jersey around the girlfriend's family would be a mean joke but they might see the funny side. Wearing a Schalke jersey would be grounds for immediate, violent execution. There are lines I am simply not ballsy enough to cross, and that's one of 'em. :P

Booo! You are a schalke fan and i know that. I also know who wears the pants in your couple!

So is lewandowski leaving for the bayern this summer or not? What does your "family" think of aubameyang? I think it was a very good pick and he ll do great there.
Major betiko

Postby ConorJames on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:22 pm

To both questions: no idea.

As I've said before (though I can't remember if I said it in this thread or in the one I made before I knew this thread existed), I'm kind of a football noob. And when it comes to the Bundesliga I'm an absolute beginner. I've only heard of like four or five teams (mostly remembered from a few Champion's Leagues I watched as a child), so this season will be my entry point into German football.
Cadet ConorJames

Re:

Postby squeaks_is_mine on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:09 pm

jay_a2j wrote:"Real" football involves full body contact. Men play American football and boys play soccer. :P

GO DOLPHINS!

TRUUUUUUE! I thought this was about "real" football not soccer...anyways HOW BOUT THEM FALCONS!
Cook squeaks_is_mine

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:21 pm

ban him please
General nietzsche

Postby HardAttack on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:37 pm

betiko wrote:
ConorJames wrote:I'm not averse to trolling under most circumstances, but I have been sternly warned away from having anything to do with Schalke 04. Wearing a Bayern Munich jersey around the girlfriend's family would be a mean joke but they might see the funny side. Wearing a Schalke jersey would be grounds for immediate, violent execution. There are lines I am simply not ballsy enough to cross, and that's one of 'em. :P

Booo! You are a schalke fan and i know that. I also know who wears the pants in your couple!

So is lewandowski leaving for the bayern this summer or not? What does your "family" think of aubameyang? I think it was a very good pick and he ll do great there.

what s goin on with monaco m8 ? :shock: :shock: :shock:

:shock: :shock:

what s it, cavani, falcao, hulk ? where is it monaco heading to ?
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:01 pm

barca announced it "we are ready to pay amends for tiago silva of PSG to recruit him into barca."
the day later, PSG announced it, "we are ready to pay amends for lionel messi to recruit him into PSG"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WHAT A ballsy call =D> =D>
Colonel HardAttack

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:04 pm

HardAttack wrote:what s goin on with monaco m8 ? :shock: :shock: :shock:

:shock: :shock:

what s it, cavani, falcao, hulk ? where is it monaco heading to ?

They're trying to buy themselves a title, like PSG did last year. :roll:
They were even rumored to be pursuing Dani Alves and Victor Valdes early this summer - glad nothing's come of that.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,