Conquer Club

British thoughts on Americans

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Avron on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:42 am

To that culture comment, American Culture? Develop on its own? If by power hungry money grubbing society that will try to drag the entire world down with it is what you mean then yes. "American Culture" is a patchwork of all cultures. Are culture is to mimic, to not strive to our own creativity, its to try to improve others because we think we are better and can improve other culture. We mimic and deceive our selves. We have not developed our own culture over these years. So our "unique culture"really is the grand imitator of Human Society.

As per say to both of your understanding of a country by where you live? What is a country? Its a fucking name, a loose collaboration of letters stuck to a patch of Earth. You should define your selves as where your views come from. I wish I could fully do that myself.
Last edited by Avron on Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal Avron

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 am

I have one word for American politics: Greedy

I have a quote from my American friend about America: "The place where too much is just enough"

Do I need add what he says about the rest of America: No
He hates America when he's older he's going to move to England
(why I do not know) or Australia
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby The1exile on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:49 am

hey max, long time no see.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:53 am

Hello I was expecting an intellectual reply but I got you :roll:
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby DAZMCFC on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:54 am

Jenos Ridan wrote:
DAZMCFC wrote:like most places around the world you have your good and your bad.
i have never fancied visiting America, i know quite a few people who have
most of them enjoyed it and had a couple of scary incidents. it`s not a place where i would want to live(toooo many guns, but thats a different subject).

as america in whole, you are quite arrogant. like "we are the best place in the world so f*ck you" type of thing. "if it was not for us you would be speaking german" and "we won the war". if it was not for you lot, a few of our soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq would still be alive.

One small point: If we weren't violating neutrality to feed and arm the British prior to our involvement in WWII, you WOULD be speaking German. Yes, even you stubborn Scots. Japan would have eventually invaded Austrialia and New Zealand and the Itallians and Germans under Rommel would have driven you from Africa. In the end, your precious empire would be pushed back to its borders as of the Middle Ages and then, nothing. So don't tell us that you didn't need our help.

when did i say we did not need your help. is all that shitty fucking heavy metal crap fucked your brain up. :roll:
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby Avron on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:54 am

As was I, and I got you.
Corporal Avron

Postby magneticgoop on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:05 pm

AtomicSlug wrote:
magneticgoop wrote:
btownmeggy wrote:
Titanic wrote:Yer, I gotta agree that a written constitution is just wrong. Its sets out the guidelines on how the country should run and people should live, but its written by people who died 200 years ago. Its out of date imo.

I'm okay with written constitutions, but I totally agree that the Constitution is totally out of date. Why, when the US (oh, and Britain and France, excuse me) wrote the West German constitution, didn't they implement it here!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Law_ ... of_Germany

It's a truly beautiful document.

if you take the time to read it it is a work of sheer brilliance. many of the top enlightenment era philosophies were the backbone of the constitution. the best part about it is the slowness of the amendment process. it takes time because they want it worded without loopholes, and to be accepted by the public and the government. i would encourage you to read a commentary on it

Don't quote wikipedia, because you may get insulted by Jew-haters like I did lol ;-)

i didnt those are my own words :D
Fool me once, strike one. Fool me twice, strike...three.Image
Cook magneticgoop

Location: Screaming at the TV as Norv Turner turns the chargers into the worst team in the NFL =(

Postby Guiscard on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:31 pm

Jenos Ridan wrote:One small point: If we weren't violating neutrality to feed and arm the British prior to our involvement in WWII, you WOULD be speaking German. Yes, even you stubborn Scots. Japan would have eventually invaded Austrialia and New Zealand and the Itallians and Germans under Rommel would have driven you from Africa. In the end, your precious empire would be pushed back to its borders as of the Middle Ages and then, nothing. So don't tell us that you didn't need our help.

I think you fell for the thread perfectly there, Jenos, with the very stereotypical American brashness and egotism we're maligning here. No-body said that we are not at all greatful for the American contribution to the second world war. We're also greatful to the contribution made my dozens of other nations without which the war would have been equally as lost. The problem we generally have is that, when faced with any form of criticism, you fly off the handle with ridiculous responses such as the one above. You generally don't get Australians harping on about how we'd be speaking German if it wasn't for their contribution, and you don't get Russians constantly bringing up their comparably massive sacrifice! Indeed, the Russians made perhaps the biggest sacrifice of all!

We'd have lost the war if a million different factors had been different. There was nothing especially moral or respectable in the American contribution. Get over it.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby btownmeggy on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:09 pm

Guiscard wrote: Indeed, the Russians made perhaps the biggest sacrifice of all!

Well, the Ukrainians, I thought.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby The1exile on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:59 pm

btownmeggy wrote:
Guiscard wrote: Indeed, the Russians made perhaps the biggest sacrifice of all!

Well, the Ukrainians, I thought.

I still get amazed when I see the Poles (as in polish people) riding on horseback up against tanks. It's fantastically brave, but also unbelievably stupid - in my opinion.

I really do hold the highest respect for those who did resist, but surely there's better methods.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Stopper on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:28 pm

The1exile wrote:I still get amazed when I see the Poles (as in polish people) riding on horseback up against tanks. It's fantastically brave, but also unbelievably stupid - in my opinion.

I really do hold the highest respect for those who did resist, but surely there's better methods.

I was going to suggest playing Risk using the CC dice, but nah, I'll go with the horse v tank.
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby The1exile on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:29 pm

Stopper wrote:
The1exile wrote:I still get amazed when I see the Poles (as in polish people) riding on horseback up against tanks. It's fantastically brave, but also unbelievably stupid - in my opinion.

I was going to suggest playing Risk using the CC dice, but nah, I'll go with the horse v tank.

CC is nothing, try the Civ3 luck.

Modern armour versus club wielding warrior? Well, factoring in the massive overkill...
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Whiteberry on Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:04 pm

max is gr8 wrote:I have one word for American politics: Greedy

I have a quote from my American friend about America: "The place where too much is just enough"

Why doesn't your friend do all of us a favor and move now? It amazes me that there are people living in the USA, benefiting from one of the best economies in the world, and all they can do is bitch about it. The last thing we need is another ungrateful SOB living among us.
Major Whiteberry

Postby Iliad on Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:09 pm

Guiscard wrote:
Jenos Ridan wrote:One small point: If we weren't violating neutrality to feed and arm the British prior to our involvement in WWII, you WOULD be speaking German. Yes, even you stubborn Scots. Japan would have eventually invaded Austrialia and New Zealand and the Itallians and Germans under Rommel would have driven you from Africa. In the end, your precious empire would be pushed back to its borders as of the Middle Ages and then, nothing. So don't tell us that you didn't need our help.

I think you fell for the thread perfectly there, Jenos, with the very stereotypical American brashness and egotism we're maligning here. No-body said that we are not at all greatful for the American contribution to the second world war. We're also greatful to the contribution made my dozens of other nations without which the war would have been equally as lost. The problem we generally have is that, when faced with any form of criticism, you fly off the handle with ridiculous responses such as the one above. You generally don't get Australians harping on about how we'd be speaking German if it wasn't for their contribution, and you don't get Russians constantly bringing up their comparably massive sacrifice! Indeed, the Russians made perhaps the biggest sacrifice of all!

We'd have lost the war if a million different factors had been different. There was nothing especially moral or respectable in the American contribution. Get over it.

Well said.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby btownmeggy on Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:19 pm

Whiteberry wrote:
max is gr8 wrote:I have one word for American politics: Greedy

Why doesn't your friend do all of us a favor and move now? It amazes me that there are people living in the USA, benefiting from one of the best economies in the world, and all they can do is bitch about it. The last thing we need is another ungrateful SOB living among us.

For real, man. Why can't people just shut up and be satisfied with the status quo? If the economy's good, the society is obviously in perfect shape, and there's nothing to complain about.
Corporal btownmeggy

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,