Conquer Club

becoming a lab rat

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

becoming a lab rat

Postby Simonov on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:59 pm

My faculty is testing metabolites of salicylamide for our laboratory practice so i "volunteered" (my collegues made me do it - i'm youngest and only male in group). I have taken this drug tonight and will have to store my morning urine. I even had to sign some paper that relieves my faculty of any possible complications. :cry: Say no animal testing, do it on students....
Corporal 1st Class Simonov

Postby sam_levi_11 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:03 pm

so if u have what happened to those guys where their heads inflated and stuff they show a bit of paper and laugh at you....lol
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby Simonov on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:04 pm

sam_levi_11 wrote:so if u have what happened to those guys where their heads inflated and stuff they show a bit of paper and laugh at you....lol

yup, except this is widely spread and known drug so i believe there won't be any complications...
Last edited by Simonov on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sam_levi_11 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:07 pm

u better hope so
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby ignotus on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:08 pm

but is your system clean of any other drugs. You know maybe it will show in urine... :roll:
Lieutenant ignotus

Postby Simonov on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:09 pm

ignotus wrote:but did is your system clean of any other drugs. You know maybe it will show in urine... :roll:

we'll test only for metabolites of this drug, and i haven't used anything illegal for at least a year as i remember... :-k

Postby ignotus on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:11 pm

my friend tested depressives. He was payed well and always slept as a baby ever since... :? :wink:
Lieutenant ignotus

Postby Minister Masket on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:11 pm

Is this drug a possible cure for toothache by any chance? :lol:
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:32 pm

Minister Masket wrote:Is this drug a possible cure for toothache by any chance? :lol:

:D

Do you at least get paid for it?
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby btownmeggy on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:00 pm

I used to participate in psychological studies. I tended to represent the worst of human nature... which I find very unfortunate.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby borox0 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:30 pm

isn't that dangerous?
I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.
Cadet borox0

Postby radiojake on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:36 pm

I signed up for a study a few months ago. It involved me staying in hopsital for 20 days (couldn't leave except for supervised walks down in the park down the road) and had to take doses of drugs. There were about 20 people in the study. the pay at the end was $2800

Unfortunatly, after only 1 night there, i failed an ECG test on the first morning which meant i couldn't continue. 3 other people had to leave to. I oly got $135. I WANTED $2800!!!

Either way, this hospital does these trials all the time, and ive had a few friends go into it. Only reason i haven't gone back is because I moved cities since so its a bit of a headfuck getting back for more of them

Only thing that sucks is that they do test on animals before they test on humans. Apparently a monkey costs $20,000 to test on for drug companies, as to 'limit' the amount they buy, but it's still pretty fucking gross.
-- share what ya got --
Sergeant 1st Class radiojake

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:37 am

ive done like clynical trials...this place called cmax...i got paid $$3700 to take an antibiotic....i take the drug they take blood i get checked up on i get money...bought a drum kit :D
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:11 am

btownmeggy wrote:I used to participate in psychological studies. I tended to represent the worst of human nature... which I find very unfortunate.
Ah.
I hope we can meet someday, then I shall cancel out your pessimism with my optimism!
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby radiojake on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:48 pm

lord voldemort wrote:ive done like clynical trials...this place called cmax...i got paid $$3700 to take an antibiotic....i take the drug they take blood i get checked up on i get money...bought a drum kit :D

haha cmax.. you from adelaide?
-- share what ya got --

Postby b.k. barunt on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:56 pm

btownmeggy wrote:I used to participate in psychological studies. I tended to represent the worst of human nature... which I find very unfortunate.

I've seen your picture Meggy, and you're far from scary - just how, pray tell, do you represent "the worst"? What is "the worst"? I would say absolute selfishness, and again, you don't seem to fit the bill. This has got my curiosity piqued.
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 pm

radiojake wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:ive done like clynical trials...this place called cmax...i got paid $$3700 to take an antibiotic....i take the drug they take blood i get checked up on i get money...bought a drum kit :D

you know it :)

Postby radiojake on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:19 pm

lord voldemort wrote:
radiojake wrote:

Ah, my first encounter with another Adelaide native on this site.

Despite the fact I moved to melbourne this year, A*town still is home.
-- share what ya got --

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:44 pm

radiojake wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:
radiojake wrote:

Ah, my first encounter with another Adelaide native on this site.

Despite the fact I moved to melbourne this year, A*town still is home.

thats right a town is your home....so is radelaide lol

guy called moerms is from adelaide..he's a mate of mine...but he doesnt post on forums lol

yer where in radelaide where you from...i live up north in tea tree gully...

Postby radiojake on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:32 pm

Salisbury!

Northern suburbs pride, bro!
-- share what ya got --

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:35 pm

radiojake wrote:Salisbury!

Northern suburbs pride, bro!

indeed...im in modbury....there you go ey

cc bringing the world together :)

Postby btownmeggy on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:43 pm

b.k. barunt wrote:

I've seen your picture Meggy, and you're far from scary - just how, pray tell, do you represent "the worst"? What is "the worst"? I would say absolute selfishness, and again, you don't seem to fit the bill. This has got my curiosity piqued.

Well, in this one study I was playing a Prisoner's-dilemma-type game to win prizes with an anonymous person behind a screen. For the first several turns I attempted cooperation, of course. I was constantly rejected. So I began retaliation, even once the anonymous person behind the screen began consistently cooperating. Of course the anonymous person behind the screen was a psychologist. I think this all means that I hold grudges. Which I do. Which I guess isn't the WORST sort of trait to have, but I'm still sore-ashamed. Though not ashamed enough to change, I guess.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby b.k. barunt on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:14 am

That prisoners/guards thing gets everyone except the absolute passive types. Yeah i've noticed your grudge thing with the right wingers - got a bit of one myself there. Surprised i don't see you on Flame Wars - that's where i get rid of mine, but i guess if you just want to pretend you don't have those smoldering resentments . . .

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,