Conquer Club

In case you thought your life sucked...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

In case you thought your life sucked...

Postby Harijan on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:49 pm

Make sure you get to the end about the kid being mentally handicap, and her mom running away AFTER the kid got shot 7 times.

DETROIT - As the gunman was about to open fire, 7-year-old Alexis Goggins lunged from the back seat of the SUV and threw herself across her mom, crying, "Don't hurt my mother!"

Six bullets from the 9 mm handgun slammed into Alexis, one piercing her right eye. Two slugs hit her mother.

Alexis' mother pulled through. But two weeks later, Alexis lies in critical condition, blind in one eye. And to her classmates and many people in this city so depressingly familiar with violence, the little girl is a hero.

"She was trying to save me," her mother, Seliethia Parker, 30, told The Associated Press on Monday. "My baby is just an angel to her mother. I thought as the mother, I'd be saving my child. I never thought my daughter would be saving me."

Alexis has undergone three operations since the shooting, and her mother sits by her bedside at Children's Hospital of Michigan.

As for the mother, she was seriously wounded, with one slug grazing her head and the other entering her chest and stopping just short of an artery. But she was released from the hospital just a few days later.

Parker's former boyfriend, Calvin Tillie, a 29-year-old ex-convict on parole, was arrested in the shooting and charged with two counts of assault with intent to commit murder, along with other offenses. He could get life in prison.

Alexis is learning-disabled and lags behind other youngsters her age. As a result, police say it may never be known whether Alexis meant to shield her mother from the bullets with her body. But Parker said that if her daughter hadn't put herself in between, "I really don't know. We might have been dead."

Parker said she met Tillie earlier this year and called off the relationship after three months, but he had other ideas. "He was harassing me," she said. "He would constantly call my house, popping up in the middle of the night."

Shortly after midnight on Dec. 2, police say, Alexis and her mother climbed into their friend Aisha Ford's vehicle for a late night birthday get-together for Ford's mother. The girl got into the back seat, and her mother took the front passenger seat.

Tillie, who had been standing outside the house in the shadows despite the cold, jumped into the back of the SUV, next to Alexis, and forced Ford to drive at gunpoint for several harrowing minutes until the woman convinced him she needed to stop for gas, according to an account the women gave police.

Ford told police she tried to stall for time while pumping gas. As she and the station attendant called 911, several shots erupted from inside the vehicle. Police say the girl had jumped toward her mother in the front seat.

Parker bolted from the SUV, screaming. Officers found Alexis curled beneath the steering wheel in a pool of blood. Tillie was arrested at the scene.

His attorney, Kim Basen Michon, asked for a psychological evaluation for Tillie. The lawyer was on vacation and could not be reached for comment Monday.

In addition to losing her right eye, Alexis was shot in the chin and jaw. Several days after the shooting, the little girl, her face horribly swollen and wrapped in bandages, stirred and squeezed her mother's hand.

"She is doing much better," Parker said. "She opened up one eye. Everything seems to be going great."

In Alexis' special education classroom at Campbell Elementary School, her classmates have named a stuffed toy with pink ears "Hero."

"We didn't want Alexis' spot to be vacant, so she's got a sweet bear to sit in her place until she comes back," said her teacher, Angela Lang.

Alexis suffered a stroke before age 1 and has epilepsy. Her teacher showed off a journal revealing strides Alexis had made in writing over the past few months. What started as an illegible series of lines had evolved into distinct letters: A, L and E.

"I know she can do it. There's no stopping Alexis," said her mother's cousin, Tonya Blockett-Colbert. "It may take her a little longer now because of this. But she is a fighter."
Captain Harijan

Postby soundout9 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:54 pm

cool
Private soundout9

Postby FiveThreeEight on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:21 pm

Could get life in prison? That bastard should burn. I'll strike the match. And the lawyer that pushes for the insanity plea should be next in line.
Corporal 1st Class FiveThreeEight

Postby unriggable on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:06 pm

Two different kinds of love here, I guess.
Cook unriggable

Postby static_ice on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:11 pm

soundout9 wrote:cool

wtf?

how is that in any way cool?
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby soundout9 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:18 pm

static_ice wrote:

wtf?

I didnt read it....just felt like saying something.....i'll go die in a hole now :(
Private soundout9

Postby jnd94 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm

Wow.......that's love. :shock:
Captain jnd94

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:30 pm

soundout9 wrote:
static_ice wrote:

wtf?

I didnt read it....just felt like saying something.....i'll go die in a hole now :(
Please do.

And im all with 538 on this one.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:42 pm

That's life though
so is getting cut with a knife, so?
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby dinobot on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:05 pm

I'm so ronery, that guys got nothing on me.
Sergeant 1st Class dinobot

Postby Napoleon Ier on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:17 pm

FiveThreeEight wrote:Could get life in prison? That bastard should burn.

yeh...see what you mean

I'll strike the match. And the lawyer that pushes for the insanity plea should be next in line.

I guess someone has to do the job.
Le Roy est mort: Vive le Roy!

Dieu et mon Pays.
Cadet Napoleon Ier

Location: Exploiting the third world's genetic plant resources.

Postby Napoleon Ier on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:17 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:That's life though

What are you on??
Le Roy est mort: Vive le Roy!

Dieu et mon Pays.
Cadet Napoleon Ier

Location: Exploiting the third world's genetic plant resources.

Postby dustn64 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:38 pm

Are you kidding me?
Sergeant 1st Class dustn64

Postby spurgistan on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 pm

dustn64 wrote:

Are you kidding me?

The Article wrote:And to her classmates and many people in this city so depressingly familiar with violence, the little girl is a hero.

Violence is a horribly common part of life in some areas. While we don't know if this was a legally purchased weapon, this dude had issues, and had no business owning a firearm. I don't see why you wouldn't plead insanity for this guy, assuming that only an insane person would do that. Hope to God the kid and woman make it out all right.
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby Snorri1234 on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:26 am

spurgistan wrote:Violence is a horribly common part of life in some areas. While we don't know if this was a legally purchased weapon, this dude had issues, and had no business owning a firearm. I don't see why you wouldn't plead insanity for this guy, assuming that only an insane person would do that. Hope to God the kid and woman make it out all right.

Well the insanity plea means something else than someone who is just twisted. I think the dude knew what he was doing and what the consequences were, and that's what matters here.
But this is some seriously fucked up shit.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby heavycola on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:10 am

spurgistan wrote:
dustn64 wrote:

Are you kidding me?

The Article wrote:And to her classmates and many people in this city so depressingly familiar with violence, the little girl is a hero.

Violence is a horribly common part of life in some areas. While we don't know if this was a legally purchased weapon, this dude had issues, and had no business owning a firearm. I don't see why you wouldn't plead insanity for this guy, assuming that only an insane person would do that. Hope to God the kid and woman make it out all right.

gun control thread(z(zzzzz)) ---->
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

ggrr

Postby apey on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:53 pm

He will get what is coming to him when he gets his worthless ass sent to prison. Someone will tell one of the inmates what he is in for. The other inmates will get together n give him a welcome to prison party If he survives the bash he will have to b in protective custody! Justice will b served
04:42:40 ‹apey› uhoh
04:42:40 ‹ronc8649› uhoh
iAmCaffeine: 4/28/2016. I love how the PL players are getting wet on your wall
Corporal 1st Class apey

Postby static_ice on Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:50 am

They don't need to give him a welcome party, just a bar of extra-slippery soap.
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,