Conquer Club

I'm destroyed

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I'm destroyed

Postby Norse on Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:36 pm

My one prized possession...my demo tape (that I lent to someone) I made when I was 19, on a 4-track with my written music has been wiped....I just went to play it, and it has some fucking RnB shit on it.

It is irreplaceable....my teenage legacy vanished..

:cry: :cry:
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:12 pm

:( :(
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby browng-08 on Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:56 pm

:evil: Kill that sonovabitch! :evil:
Corporal browng-08

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:58 pm

ParadiceCity9 wrote::( :(
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby Ariel* on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:07 pm

I'm sorry for your loss :(
Private 1st Class Ariel*

Postby Norse on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:10 pm

It has been in the back of my mind for the past couple hours...What annoys me, is that you don't tape over something that you aren't sure of what is on it....the last time I lend anything to anyone....I'm just hanging on a prayer that there is a copy somewhere, that I shall find out tomorrow.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby jiminski on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:20 pm

I understand your pain mate.
Some years ago my mother threw away all my teenage writings. Some decent philosophical ramblings and poetry from a naive but active mind.

Awful sense of frustration and anger!
You can never recapture how you felt at that exact moment of inspiration and you can never express the same emotional journey as you will never pass that way again.

Sorry to say mate but it may never go away! It will pop up for years to come.

heheh well that was bloody cheerful!
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby btownmeggy on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:25 pm

What kind music did you make at age 19?

The late 90s (how old are you?) were a bad time for music-making, anyway.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby Norse on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:39 pm

btownmeggy wrote:What kind music did you make at age 19?

The late 90s (how old are you?) were a bad time for music-making, anyway.

'twas 2003 when I was 19, and recording on my 4-track (I'm 25 now)..Me and my buddy could play all instruments needed, except drums between us, and used a computer program (reason) to do this for us....(I can play Guitar,bass and keyboard, my mate was uber-good on guitar, and also could work a synthesiser....we both sang)

I writ all the lyrics and music though...my mate was really the "improvising type" whilst I was the "planner".

Happy days.
Last edited by Norse on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Norse on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:42 pm

jiminski wrote:I understand your pain mate.
Some years ago my mother threw away all my teenage writings. Some decent philosophical ramblings and poetry from a naive but active mind.

You can never recapture how you felt at that exact moment of inspiration and you can never express the same emotional journey as you will never pass that way again.

How old are you jim? if you don't mind me asking?

I can see a definite talent for the poetical works you have come out with.

EDIT: and you're totally right...you will never be able to capture that purile sense of teenage angst and yearning again...I doff my hat to you, in a sad fashion..

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby jiminski on Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Norse wrote:
jiminski wrote:I understand your pain mate.

How old are you jim? if you don't mind me asking?

I can see a definite talent for the poetical works you have come out with.

EDIT: and you're totally right...you will never be able to capture that purile sense of teenage angst and yearning again...I doff my hat to you, in a sad fashion..

appologies Brother Norse, I am a youthful 34 ;)

Peeking round about the Hacienda years too... hehe mine were spent in random fields and warehouses, skipping past policemen and then watching people in white gloves pee themselves due to excessive abuse.
Ahhh the good old days!
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby Norse on Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:03 pm

Sounds like my idea of fun....shame the rave scene died out, even in my town they had to put to stop the beach parties.

Still, you seem to have turned out quite well balanced after the madness, brother Jim :lol:

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby satanspaladin on Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:03 pm

A sad loss ,but look at it as a challenge go out and make better music live in the now .

use the pain your felling to create :)
Are there many things in this cool-hearted world so utterly exquisite
as the pure love of one woman for another?
Sergeant 1st Class satanspaladin

Re: I'm destroyed

Postby mandalorian2298 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:47 pm

Norse wrote:My one prized possession...my demo tape (that I lent to someone) I made when I was 19, on a 4-track with my written music has been wiped....I just went to play it, and it has some fucking RnB shit on it.

Pain is good. Now you have to make an even better one. Clinging on the past stops your personal growth.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby glide on Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:55 pm

I also feel your pain Norse. I recently put together a CD from old recordings of myself covering 30 years.......I had some from 1977....and some I did last month......Its interesting to hear the changes in your voice, especially on the same song done years apart. I hope you can find a copy somewhere....good luck.
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby clapper011 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:09 pm

norse why dont you make a new one? I am sure your voice is much more mature now ;)
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Re: I'm destroyed

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:12 pm

Norse wrote:My one prized possession...my demo tape (that I lent to someone) I made when I was 19, on a 4-track with my written music has been wiped....I just went to play it, and it has some fucking RnB shit on it.

if you can remember the songs you from the tape, perhaps you could re-make it onto a CD
General Blitzaholic

Postby Norse on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Thanks for all of the nice comments guys. You're right, I should make another one...all I need to do is get some new kit, as I sold most of it off when I was living at my old place.

To a new era!

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby glide on Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:43 pm

I'm currently trying to get a copy of a video taken when I played a party using gear I sold off....recently found out I have no stuff on tape of my electric foot bass when I did the one man band thing.....hopefully I can track the vid down...thanx to Divided By Zero I can now extract the audio from them for a CD.
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby Norse on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:04 pm

So then glide, what music do you like to play? You look like a blues man.

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Dancing Mustard on Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:33 pm

I can imagine Glide doing a very good Johnny Cash rendition... but I'm probably way off
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,