Conquer Club

America didn't land on the moon

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Has man walked on the moon?

Total votes : 0

Re: America didn't land on the moon

Postby pimpdave on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:31 am

If America didn't land on the moon, then I don't believe that Columbus ever walked on the West Indies.
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:36 am

...and I'm not entirely convinced that the Isle of Man really exists.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:39 am

Crap... I'll start a different thread...
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:46 am

protectedbygold wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:or that aliens built the pyramids

The ancient Egyptians, like Americans today, recognized that it would be cheaper to build things with an alien work force

OK, let's debunk this one right now.

Ever visit any of the old Work Corps projects? Ever go into the backcountry to see any of the trails that are STILL, to this day, built completely by hand?

At 5'2", female, I am hardly a champion weight lifter or prize fighter. Yet, I, ALONE, with the use of simple levers and rollers am fully and entirely capable of moving a boulder about the size of an average washing machine. Multiply that by the hundreds shown in paintings, and you realize it is NOT so unlikely that these were built entirely by hand.

Further, there have even been multiple tests to prove this. I vaguely remember one from that old show (In search of, I think the name was) starring Leonard Nemoy, demonstrating both that the pyramids and Easter Island statues could have been moved by hand. Noe that show was essentially geared toward making things seem a bit more nysterious than thay really are, so when they debunked a myth ... it was a pretty obvious debunk!

Its not magic, its rollers, simple pulleys and levers.

As for the tight fit ... that, too is actually MORE likely when things are done by hand and slowly. The sides are ground and become uniform.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:50 am

Don't worry yo.. this thread is dead again. The actual topic was on aliens visiting earth...... I started a fresh thread to avoid confusion...

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:27 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
protectedbygold wrote:

The ancient Egyptians, like Americans today, recognized that it would be cheaper to build things with an alien work force

Ever visit any of the old Work Corps projects? Ever go into the backcountry to see any of the trails that are STILL, to this day, built completely by hand?

At 5'2", female, I am hardly a champion weight lifter or prize fighter. Yet, I, ALONE, with the use of simple levers and rollers am fully and entirely capable of moving a boulder about the size of an average washing machine. Multiply that by the hundreds shown in paintings, and you realize it is NOT so unlikely that these were built entirely by hand.

Further, there have even been multiple tests to prove this. I vaguely remember one from that old show (In search of, I think the name was) starring Leonard Nemoy, demonstrating both that the pyramids and Easter Island statues could have been moved by hand. Noe that show was essentially geared toward making things seem a bit more nysterious than thay really are, so when they debunked a myth ... it was a pretty obvious debunk!

As for the tight fit ... that, too is actually MORE likely when things are done by hand and slowly. The sides are ground and become uniform.

of course. That quote was from ages ago, and was I think me pointing out that if people bought into the "Moon hoax" idea, they probably were also gullible enough for crop circles and the-gods-were-astronauts.

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:55 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
protectedbygold wrote:

Me thinks it was made in jest.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby White Moose on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:03 am

Man didn't walk on your HEAD!
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby protectedbygold on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:37 pm

At least Juan and Muy were able to grasp that I was merely joking around.
Private protectedbygold

Postby Pedronicus on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:50 pm

The sarcasm detectors of the new guy guys n girls, should be turned on as a requirement to join in discussions in this forum. :roll:
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:42 pm

I think everyone realised the response to the quote was in jest, but Player at least suspected that my original comment was in earnest.

And frankly on these forums some people have said such ludicrous stuff in earnest that I'm not sure a sarcasm detector is possible...

Postby Jenos Ridan on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:57 pm

suggs wrote:So. 1969. Pretty much the height of the cold war.
Russia has advanced space technology.

Tell me this Pedronicus: if the moon landings were fake, don't you think the Russians would have shouted as loudly as they could "GUYS, ITS FAKED!".

What a colossal public relations victory that would have been -it might even have destroyed the USA's global credibility, leaving the USSR as the victors of the war.

If the landings were faked, do ya think the Russians would have just kept quiet, YOU BLITHERING IDIOT!

"Oh, but Suggs, the Russians didn't know either, they were fooled by the USA's hi tech Hollywood basement video shoot."

Quite seriously, you are a fucking idiot. Bring on a forum ban or something, cos I am tired of dealing with kid gloves with FUCKING PRICKS LIKE YOU WHO SHOW NO INTELLIGENCE, NO FEEL FOR HUMANITY, NO RESPECT FOR WHAT THOSE BRAVE, BRAVE ASTRONAUTS DID.

f*ck OFF.
f*ck OFF.
f*ck OFF.

All the best!
Suggs.

And this poor tub got torp'd.
"There is only one road to peace, and that is to conquer"-Hunter Clark

"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"- Something Hunter would say
Private Jenos Ridan

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:46 pm

As a matter of record, the Soviet's "Project Blue Book"(ours had the same name) Concluded that it was possible that America reached the moon by reverse engineering a crashed alien craft. Cool huh? It was thier goal to do the same. neat-oh!

Postby Jenos Ridan on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:As a matter of record, the Soviet's "Project Blue Book"(ours had the same name) Concluded that it was possible that America reached the moon by reverse engineering a crashed alien craft. Cool huh? It was thier goal to do the same. neat-oh!

Yes, but Project Blue Book (the only one, BTW) concluded that UFOs were generally explainable as nothing unusual.

*another tub sunk*
"There is only one road to peace, and that is to conquer"-Hunter Clark

"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"- Something Hunter would say
Private Jenos Ridan

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:04 am

Jenos Ridan wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:As a matter of record, the Soviet's "Project Blue Book"(ours had the same name) Concluded that it was possible that America reached the moon by reverse engineering a crashed alien craft. Cool huh? It was thier goal to do the same. neat-oh!

Yes, but Project Blue Book (the only one, BTW) concluded that UFOs were generally explainable as nothing unusual.

*another tub sunk*

There were two! The Soviets code named their research "Blue Book" too!!!!! And when the Soviet Union collapsed, theirs was released UNEDITED(unlike America's). Now although our book says UFOs are hoaxes....

It WAS the conclusion of the Soviets that UFOs were real, and posed a grave threat to national security. It was SOP to try and shoot them down. They were "successful" only three times. Out of about two hundred. The rest of the time their fighters were lost.

Move this into the NASA thread!

Postby Backglass on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:45 am

Again.

If we faked the moon landings (there were six)...it would mean TENS OF THOUSANDS of people were involved. And not just NASA employees but private contractors such as Boeing & Lockheed Martin as well. It would also mean my Uncle was involved (he worked in Mission Control on Apollo 15-16).

Yet...none have come forward. No one has any proof. Millions saw the rockets go up...where did they go? Did they just orbit for a week? Did they secretly land on some movie set on a desert island?

Even if you believe all the BS, it would have to mean that our government is full of evil masterminds that are capable of keeping tens of thousands of lips sealed and info airtight. :roll:

And we all know THAT is just not possible.
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby CrazyAnglican on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:03 pm

If you're going to fake something you do it once because the chance of being caught goes up exponentially thereafter. Why even bother with sucessive launches? Not to mention, it's not like the U.S. government was ever a bit slower than originally planned at anything is it?
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:00 am

We all agree that the moon landings happened!!!!!

We were discussing these former NASA astronauts who walked on the moon. 4 of them have come forward and claimed that aliens are real. That Rosewell really happened. I made a fresh thread, so no one would be confused as to the topic.

In that case Backglass, I think you do have the participants coming forward! Isn't this exciting?

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Sorry to bring this back from the past, but I thought people might like to see this...
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Pedronicus wrote:If anyone had photographed a landing zone with evidence of the landings, the photos would be world famous.
We would all know about them & you wouldn't have to look for them on the internet.

They are there. But they are old news now.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:17 pm

I love when an old thread is bumped, and someone quotes and responds to people who said something years ago.
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:10 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Sorry to bring this back from the past, but I thought people might like to see this...
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html

And if you look real closely, you'll see the Iraqi WMDs too!

:D
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:07 am

Army of GOD wrote:I love when an old thread is bumped, and someone quotes and responds to people who said something years ago.

I'm gonna respond to this post 3 years from now.

Also, this is vintage off-topics right here. Holy shit, almost forgot about backglass and suggs.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:30 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I love when an old thread is bumped, and someone quotes and responds to people who said something years ago.

I'm gonna respond to this post 3 years from now.

Also, this is vintage off-topics right here. Holy shit, almost forgot about backglass and suggs.

Blasphemy! I think about suggs every day.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:37 am

Walkies! =P~ =P~ =P~

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,