Conquer Club

Funny Demotivational Posters

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Demotivational Posters

Postby barackattack on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:11 am

Political jokes aren't funny. They're just an opportunity to laugh and in doing so force your political view on everyone else in the room, without explicitly doing so.
justin bieber charlie sheen rebecca black nude naked paris hilton slut xxx dirty free teen school abuse torture iraq soldier gingrich paul tea party 9/11 conspiracy bush oil ryan dunn video dead steve jobs apple sucks
Private 1st Class barackattack

Postby natty dread on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:13 am

john9blue wrote:
natty_dread wrote:
john9blue wrote:
natty_dread wrote:Image

POLITICAL JOKES
They Are Unfunny

only when you don't agree with their political message

Nope, pretty much always

because you've never laughed at jon stewart or stephen colbert. ever.

I don't know who those are, so no, I haven't laughed at them.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:44 am

ViperOverLord wrote:Image

Five Trolls! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Ok, I admit it, I lol'd.

Official stuff below this line____________________________________________________________________

Now, I know this discussion has taken place at least once already, we even have some logs of it, so how about we attempt to keep this thread free of politics. Approximately half of all threads on the first page are somehow related to politics, we don't need this one to derail into more of the same as well. This goes for all sides of the political spectrum.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby barackattack on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:47 am

How's this for a demotivational 'poster':

Woodruff
justin bieber charlie sheen rebecca black nude naked paris hilton slut xxx dirty free teen school abuse torture iraq soldier gingrich paul tea party 9/11 conspiracy bush oil ryan dunn video dead steve jobs apple sucks
Private 1st Class barackattack

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:04 am

The normal rules regarding baiting, flaming, trolling etc. also still apply. Of course you are free to ignore them and find yourself on the short end of a disciplinary-measures-stick-with-a-heavy-knob (sometimes referred to as "banhammer") if that is what you prefer.

Here's a template for demotivational posters to ease you guys back into the topic at hand:
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Major MeDeFe

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:49 pm

MeDeFe wrote:
Now, I know this discussion has taken place at least once already, we even have some logs of it, so how about we attempt to keep this thread free of politics. Approximately half of all threads on the first page are somehow related to politics, we don't need this one to derail into more of the same as well. This goes for all sides of the political spectrum.

You're seriously going to try to censor political dmps? That's bull shit and you know it. Mods have already officially stated that political dmps are okay. How about you just tell the people that are bitching about political dmps to respect the rights of posters? They only do it when they are transparently against a poster and his/her politics like John said. Had I posted a Bush dmp there'd be no problem.

MeDeFe wrote:The normal rules regarding baiting, flaming, trolling etc. also still apply. Of course you are free to ignore them and find yourself on the short end of a disciplinary-measures-stick-with-a-heavy-knob (sometimes referred to as "banhammer") if that is what you prefer.

1. I'm the one that was baited and mass trolled upon and yet you feel the need to refer to my post? Thus showing your usual sense of unfairness/bias.

2. I think all parties had essentially moved on.

3. Discussion about dmp's is going to happen.
Last edited by ViperOverLord on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:57 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:The normal rules regarding baiting, flaming, trolling etc. also still apply. Of course you are free to ignore them and find yourself on the short end of a disciplinary-measures-stick-with-a-heavy-knob (sometimes referred to as "banhammer") if that is what you prefer.

Is there really a need for this? I'm the one that was initially baited and yet you refer to my post (thus showing your inherent bias against me). I posted appropriate material and then was bombarded with trolling after the fact.

The post you quoted did not refer to you specifically, nor was it intended to.
Major MeDeFe

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:00 pm

MeDeFe: What's your official edict. Can we or can we not post political demotivational posters (in this thread)? Trying to avoid political dmp's is hardly a rule.

Addendum:

MeDeFe wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:

Is there really a need for this? I'm the one that was initially baited and yet you refer to my post (thus showing your inherent bias against me). I posted appropriate material and then was bombarded with trolling after the fact.

The post you quoted did not refer to you specifically, nor was it intended to.

I accept that answer and I even appreciate the shout-out on the joke for that matter.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby natty dread on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:54 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:1. I'm the one that was baited and mass trolled upon and yet you feel the need to refer to my post? Thus showing your usual sense of unfairness/bias.

Funny how you constantly seem to be the one who is persecuted by absolutely everybody...

I'm just saying... when you're right and everyone else in the world is wrong, it might be time to consider that maybe it's the other way around?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby notyou2 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Cue humility dmp.
Captain notyou2

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:41 pm

VOL wrote:How about you just tell the people that are bitching about political dmps to respect the rights of posters? They only do it when they are transparently against a poster and his/her politics like John said. Had I posted a Bush dmp there'd be no problem.

Nope, all political demots are unfunny. Bush jokes ceased to be funny c. 2005, if they ever were, and were just way too played out after that. They're too easy.

The only purpose the political demots serve is to create this stupid argument again and again. As was mentioned earlier, more than half of the threads on the first page are political related, post that crap somewhere there.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby perchorin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:47 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
VOL wrote:How about you just tell the people that are bitching about political dmps to respect the rights of posters? They only do it when they are transparently against a poster and his/her politics like John said. Had I posted a Bush dmp there'd be no problem.

Nope, all political demots are unfunny. Bush jokes ceased to be funny c. 2005, if they ever were, and were just way too played out after that. They're too easy.

The only purpose the political demots serve is to create this stupid argument again and again. As was mentioned earlier, more than half of the threads on the first page are political related, post that crap somewhere there.

-TG

I couldn't agree more. There's enough of that crap spamming the forums without it oozing into here as well.
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 pm

natty_dread wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:1. I'm the one that was baited and mass trolled upon and yet you feel the need to refer to my post? Thus showing your usual sense of unfairness/bias.

Funny how you constantly seem to be the one who is persecuted by absolutely everybody...

I'm just saying... when you're right and everyone else in the world is wrong, it might be time to consider that maybe it's the other way around?

I stand up for what's right. The amount of trolls coming after me is irrelevant. Either we're allowed to post political dmp's without troll persecution or we're not. I'm awaiting MeDeFe's verdict still.

And btw, your characterization of 'everybody' is laughable as you should not discount the silent masses who are not posting a prosecution or defense b/c they aren't serving their own personal vendettas. I know which posters are predisposed to harass me and which ones are generally respectful of my rights as a poster. And there's no surprises in this instance.

And that is my last word on this matter at this time as we've already been told to return to dmp activities.
Last edited by ViperOverLord on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby notyou2 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 pm

You're using the wrong bait for trolling. Try using someone other than yourself as the downtrodden.
Captain notyou2

Postby Lootifer on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:10 pm

The thread title is Demotivational Posters, so of course you can post them.

Just expect critisism because this is a "post and critique" type of thread so people will exercise judgement on you submition.

Back on track:
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Timminz on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:47 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:I'm a troll.

We know, buddy. We know.
Captain Timminz

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

I stand up for what's right. The amount of trolls coming after me is irrelevant. Either we're allowed to post political dmp's without troll persecution or we're not. I'm awaiting MeDeFe's verdict still.

And btw, your characterization of 'everybody' is laughable as you should not discount the silent masses who are not posting a prosecution or defense b/c they aren't serving their own personal vendettas. I know which posters are predisposed to harass me and which ones are generally respectful of my rights as a poster. And there's no surprises in this instance.

And that is my last word on this matter at this time as we've already been told to return to dmp activities.

VOL considering that over the last 15 months you have been told more than NOT to post political posters here you should be familiar with the rule that they are not supposed to be in this thread.

Beyond that, I advice everyone to watch what you are saying. Posts dont' need to be of high substance to be entertaining however I STRONGlY advice everyone to take a few moments to decide if their post could be considered flaming or baiting and the consequences of those posts before posting. Thank you.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:52 am

What the hell are you talking about Srike Wolf? Political DMPs are accepted and the mods have explicitly told me that. I sought clarification the last time people bitched and that is what I was told. And furthermore, there are tons of political dmps by tons of posters in this thread.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:24 am

ViperOverLord wrote:What the hell are you talking about Srike Wolf? Political DMPs are accepted and the mods have explicitly told me that. I sought clarification the last time people bitched and that is what I was told. And furthermore, there are tons of political dmps by tons of posters in this thread.

You do the politics/race whistle thing pretty often, and you really could do with stopping the random victimization posts. It's rare to see a post or a PM from you without a demand or a challenge, or an ultimatum.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby smegal69 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:23 am

ViperOverLord wrote:Image

Oh no.....it's in the shit like the rest of your country :o

peace out \:D/
Corporal smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:11 am

ViperOverLord wrote:What the hell are you talking about Srike Wolf? Political DMPs are accepted and the mods have explicitly told me that. I sought clarification the last time people bitched and that is what I was told. And furthermore, there are tons of political dmps by tons of posters in this thread.

How about a quote?

Because last time this petty drama happened, the general community and the mods agreed on not having political DMPs ITT.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Timminz on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Captain Timminz

Postby notyou2 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Timminz wrote:Image

lol
Captain notyou2

Postby MeDeFe on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:37 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:MeDeFe: What's your official edict. Can we or can we not post political demotivational posters (in this thread)? Trying to avoid political dmp's is hardly a rule.

You're right, it's hardly an official rule stated in the community guidelines.

You are also right about political DMPs being DMPs, they certainly fulfill the formal criteria, especially regarding layout. As such it can be argued that they belong in this thread. On the other hand, Iliad and TA1LGUNN3R are also right. The humour of a political DMP is different from non-political ones, often there isn't even anything funny about a political DMP, instead it tries to make a statement rather than a joke. As such it can be argued that they don't belong in this thread.

Compromise seems unlikely, other criteria have to be introduced, and then we'll simply go with asking which causes less work for the moderating team.

Empirical analysis of this thread shows that political DMPs tend to be followed by an increase in inflammatory language and general hostility far beyond what's usual for this thread. By people who don't want to see such DMPs here, by people who disagree with the statement of the DMP, and by the people who posted them in the first place. It's happened nearly every time. Non-political DMPs are generally not followed by inflammatory language and general hostility, even if the person who posted it has posted a significant number of DMPs in this thread. The problem seems to lie with the DMPs themselves, rather than with who posted them.

There is precedence for situations like this in the Hot+Sexy+NSFW thread. Some people started posting pictures of hot and sexy men rather than hot and sexy women, resulting in inflammatory language, slurs, and general hostility. To resolve the situation it was specified that the original thread be kept for pictures of hot and sexy women, and a second thread for hot and sexy men was created. We will take the same approach here and split the political DMPs from this thread.

We will also split DMPs intended to make a statement about religions or similar world-views from this thread since they, too, make statements rather than jokes. They have not been followed by as much vitriol as political DMPs, but they, too have been a source of tensions.

This thread is hereby reserved for non-political and non-religious demotivational posters, "non-political" and "non-religious" meaning that the DMP in question is clearly intended to make a joke rather than a statement.
Here are two example to clarify.
1) A picture of Vladimir Putin carrying a sniper rifle with the caption "In Soviet Russia president wait on grassy knoll for you" is not political. A picture of Vladimir Putin with the caption "Despot - With the soul of a US president" is political.
2) A picture reminiscent of the last supper but with Jesus being eaten by zombies and the caption "My flesh - eat of it and ye shall have life eternal" is not religious. A picture of some holy book, religious symbol, prominent figure or a philosophical or theological statement with a caption like "[Insert religion/world-view] - The belief that [...]" or "[Insert religion/world-view] - Winning all debates since [...]" is religious.

- The Global Moderators
Major MeDeFe

Re: Funny Demotivational Posters

Postby Lootifer on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:40 pm

JUST POST SOME GOD DAMN FUNNY DMPs PLEASE!
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,