Conquer Club

Burning Man

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Burning Man

Postby heavycola on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:11 pm

You lot are a well-travelled, cosmopolitan bunch: does anyone go to burning man? Just so i, and anyone else interested, can bombard you with questions.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Re: Burning Man

Postby Curmudgeonx on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:57 pm

I looked into going about a decade ago pretty seriously, but then I realized that the akaline salt dirt just burns you along with the sun, artisty drum circles went out of style for me in 1992, and I realized that I could just stay at home and do the same sort of drugs. So I just stayed at home . . .
Corporal Curmudgeonx

Postby Neoteny on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm still only a novice hippie. I have yet to attend.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby hecter on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:08 pm

I'd love to go, but it's in Nevada... And I'm 16... So, in two more years!
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby DaGip on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:32 pm

We have a similar festival in South Dakota, but it is called the Blazing Inferno Man. We make a giant effigy of a man out of used car tires and set it ablaze! The flame can be seen for miles and miles, and the thick black smoke that it emits is fantastic!

Then we collect all the dead little birds that got suffocated by the black smoke and we make little meat pies with them. They are so tasty!

You all must attend!
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby bedub1 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:10 pm

I went to something called Singularity south of Las Vegas in Nevada. It was very similar to burning man with alot of the same people in attendance. Definately not as large though...

And yes, it's hot as f*ck, the sand is hell, there is no water, you would kill for a bucket of ice, and will get used to seeing guys with their shit hanging out...
Colonel bedub1

Postby Creep Talk on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:15 pm

In Italy they have a "traditional" witch burning every year based around alcohol as opposed to other drugs and far better pyrotechnics. Not to mention it's in the fall. They make Brule. It's a spiced hot wine that, coupled with a hot fire in cold weather, will give you one of the best feelings in the world (with far less regrets).
New Recruit Creep Talk

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,