Conquer Club

Worlds largest Particle accelerator up and running,

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Worlds largest Particle accelerator up and running,

Postby richardgarr on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:10 pm

I understand that they have test fired the worlds largest particle accelerator this week. They have successfully launched particles in one direction, and made a full circle around the accelerator.
The final goal of this massive accelerator is to launch particles at each other, from opposite starting points. The particles will accelerate to near light speeds, then collide. This will supposedly give scientists an idea of how the big bang happened.

Very large endeavor, and good luck to them, but i am a little worried and wonder if perhaps this is the beginning of the end.
One of the side effects of colliding these particles at near light speed, is miniature black holes. (Quantum singularities , for you Trekkie's out there)

Man made black holes :shock: , is this the end?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 180851.htm
Sergeant richardgarr

Re: Worlds largest Particle accelerator up and running,

Postby Gregrios on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:30 pm

When is this experiment suppose to happen?
Things are now unfolding that only prophecy can explain!
Sergeant Gregrios

Postby t-o-m on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Theres already a thread on this.
Major t-o-m

Postby richardgarr on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:35 pm

It is scheduled for anytime within the next 2 weeks.

It is now a matter of aligning the protons paths up to a course of travel that will create a collision.
Sergeant richardgarr

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:53 pm

Would it be possibly to rebuild it into a giant railgun?
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby william18 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:17 pm

In the words of Steven Hawking:

" Collosions of particles at light speed happen millions of times a day, yet nothing bad happens".
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Postby Ditocoaf on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:40 pm

^^what he said. This stuff happens anyway; they're just making sure it happens in front of a microscope.

>----------āœŖ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! āœŖ----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:51 pm

The black holes will evaporate too fast to have any effect...it's science.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby pimpdave on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:57 pm

Has the possibility that the particle accelerator will open up our world to the nefarious forces of the 8th dimension been properly assessed?

Is Dr. Buckaroo Banzai involved with the project?
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Not him, no...

[BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA]
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Neoteny on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:34 pm

MeDeFe wrote:Would it be possibly to rebuild it into a giant railgun?

Gauss cannon, I thought... am I wrong?
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Spuzzell on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:40 pm

I wasn't worried until I heard the scientist whose job it is to press the button for the particle collision start sequence is called Gordon Freeman.
Corporal 1st Class Spuzzell

Postby Nikolai on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:28 pm

Ditocoaf wrote:^^what he said. This stuff happens anyway; they're just making sure it happens in front of a microscope.

Although quantum physics could mean that the act of observing it will cause the destruction of the world... :twisted:

Spuzzell wrote:I wasn't worried until I heard the scientist whose job it is to press the button for the particle collision start sequence is called Gordon Freeman.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Nikolai

Postby pimpdave on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:34 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Not him, no...

[BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA]

Dr. Emilio Lizardo, I presume. Or would you prefer your proper name, LORD JOHN WHORFIN?!

(did you bring the oscillator overthruster?)
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Postby pimpdave on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:40 pm

The Board of Directors at Yoyodyne Industries approves.

Postby richardgarr on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:53 pm

Nikolai wrote:
Ditocoaf wrote:^^what he said. This stuff happens anyway; they're just making sure it happens in front of a microscope.

Although quantum physics could mean that the act of observing it will cause the destruction of the world... :twisted:

Spuzzell wrote:I wasn't worried until I heard the scientist whose job it is to press the button for the particle collision start sequence is called Gordon Freeman.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am actually wondering myself what the act of observation will do to the results.
Dark matter is also said to be the most powerful and possibly most destructive force in the known Universe.
Then again, maybe they will discover an infinite source of power for our over exploited, ever expanding, planetary needs.

The atom bomb was discovered by accident, I hope this experiment does not end in the same results, only more dangerous
Sergeant richardgarr

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:37 pm

I am actually wondering myself what the act of observation will do to the results.
Dark matter is also said to be the most powerful and possibly most destructive force in the known Universe.
Then again, maybe they will discover an infinite source of power for our over exploited, ever expanding, planetary needs.

The atom bomb was discovered by accident, I hope this experiment does not end in the same results, only more dangerous

Wow.So much misinformation in four lines.
Dark matter is neither antimatter nor black holes.
Nor has it been touted as being destructive (not for that "matter" has antimatter. Each are stable on their own).
The atom bomb was famously NOT "discovered" by accident, but invented as the result of a huge and costly government program involving the greatest physiscists of the day working together to produce exactly that result ("The Manhattan Project")
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby pimpdave on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:54 pm

As far as I know, Penicillin and Aspertame are the only big time accidental scientific discoveries...

But this is begging for a new thread. We need to be discussing accidental scientific discoveries.

Postby richardgarr on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:14 am

jonesthecurl wrote:

Nor has it been touted as being destructive (not for that "matter" has antimatter. Each are stable on their own).
The atom bomb was famously NOT "discovered" by accident, but invented as the result of a huge and costly government program involving the greatest physicists of the day working together to produce exactly that result ("The Manhattan Project")

OK, I know black holes are NOT dark matter, the experiment will create miniature black holes .
Dark matter is of yet an unobserved phenomenon, but is considered to be the thing that holds all matter together.
The initial splitting of the atom, was done by mistake. Which eventually resulted in the creation of the atom bomb.

I was simply making a statement that would open up discussion on what this may mean for us all.
Excuse me for thinking people would get the idea of my statement, without having to get into a long and boring history lesson.
My apologies.
:D :D 8-)
Sergeant richardgarr

Postby Snorri1234 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:47 am

"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Skittles! on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:51 am

Whoa, it's like a thing they have in Terminator 3!
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby MeDeFe on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:55 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:Image

oh shit
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Neoteny on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:09 pm

MeDeFe wrote:
Snorri1234 wrote:Image

oh shit

f*ck!

jonesthecurl wrote:

The atom bomb was famously NOT "discovered" by accident, but invented as the result of a huge and costly government program involving the greatest physiscists of the day working together to produce exactly that result ("The Manhattan Project")

Feynman = win.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby FabledIntegral on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:29 am

richardgarr wrote:I understand that they have test fired the worlds largest particle accelerator this week. They have successfully launched particles in one direction, and made a full circle around the accelerator.
The final goal of this massive accelerator is to launch particles at each other, from opposite starting points. The particles will accelerate to near light speeds, then collide. This will supposedly give scientists an idea of how the big bang happened.

Very large endeavor, and good luck to them, but i am a little worried and wonder if perhaps this is the beginning of the end.
One of the side effects of colliding these particles at near light speed, is miniature black holes. (Quantum singularities , for you Trekkie's out there)

Man made black holes :shock: , is this the end?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 180851.htm

Apparently there are TONS of naturally created miniature black holes passing through our atmosphere all the time. And apparently there's nothing noteworthy whatsoever about them.

That's what I've read- I hate physics - I could be wrong.
Major FabledIntegral

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,