Conquer Club

Homework

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Homework

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:21 pm

For all you future highschoolers/current highschoolers...

Make sure you do your homework, especially your history reading (that means actually read it don't find an outline on the internet)

I'm about to learn my lesson the hard way...big test tomorrow and I'm reading the 3 possible essay questions for part of the test and I'm thinking 'Middle Atlantic colonies??...I've never heard of New France...Spanish Southwest???'
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Re: Homework

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:27 pm

I highly recommend the Cartoon History of the United States of America by Larry Gonick. FUnny as all hell, but never inaccurate. And reading it counts as revision.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby gdeangel on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:01 pm

How can you not have heard of the Spanish Southwest? Didn't you ever watch Zorro!

How can you not have heard of New France? Didn't you ever watch Last of the Mohicans!

Forget reading that textbook... go play a few games on the New World Map ( [-X )
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby wrestler1ump on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:19 pm

History is like Math, English and French- you either are good at it or you're not. I was always bad at remembering people and events. History is a lot about what happened, rather than the theory behind it. I have a few pieces of advice for the essay questions:

1) Learn as much as you can on the three possible topics. Wikipedia it. Even if some of wikipedia's facts might not always be correct, the majority of them are, so it's a quick way to get some info.
2) BS a lot of the essay. Connect the events that you write about to morals and trends of the time period. Even if you don't know what those morals and trends are, unless the place and time period are explicitely known for them, the teacher will just assume that you know what you are talking about.
3) Do not finish the essay. In fact do not even finish the conclusion. At the end of your essay, write TIME. This will make the teacher feel sorry for you that you didn't have enough time to write the test.

But more than anything, fill up the entire paper and don't be afraid to go off on a tangent if you don't know what you're doing. The teacher will appreciate your being overenthusiastic and not be so hard on you if you don't prove your thesis.
Private 1st Class wrestler1ump

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,