Conquer Club

Death Magnetic

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Death Magnetic

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:41 pm

Anyone bought it yet? I just got it on iTunes. Loving it 2 minutes into the first song.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Re: Death Magnetic

Postby Fircoal on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:47 pm

MUST GO AND GET!!!!! SOON!!!!!
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby jbrettlip on Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:15 pm

I will be buying tomorrow.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Sentinel XIV on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:43 am

Haven't heard of it. Can someone sing it for me?
Eye. Mull. Of. Ma. Sheen.
Sergeant Sentinel XIV

Postby Dancing Mustard on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:24 pm

Who or what is everybody talking about?
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby The1exile on Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:25 pm

Dancing Mustard wrote:Who or what is everybody talking about?

Darth Magnetic, it's X-men combined with Star Wars. Fear.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Snorri1234 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Dancing Mustard wrote:Who or what is everybody talking about?

The new album by Britney Spears.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:54 pm

ParadiceCity9 wrote:Anyone bought it yet? I just got it on iTunes. Loving it 2 minutes into the first song.

Metallica sucks ass.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby jbrettlip on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:36 pm

Just listened to the first half. Better than St Anger, but still no where near where they were on the first 3 albums.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby DAZMCFC on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:52 pm

Metallica. fucking hell, they are fucking shit to say the least. :twisted:
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby pimpdave on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:01 pm

jbrettlip wrote:Just listened to the first half. Better than St Anger, but still no where near where they were on the first 3 albums.

Agreed. First three albums were brilliant, and groundbreaking.

...And Justice For All was the last decent record, but still, after Burton died, that creative spark they had just kind of fizzled.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Fircoal on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:23 pm

pimpdave wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:Just listened to the first half. Better than St Anger, but still no where near where they were on the first 3 albums.

...And Justice For All was the last decent record, but still, after Burton died, that creative spark they had just kind of fizzled.

na it's still there, all there stuff is good imo.
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:09 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:
ParadiceCity9 wrote:Anyone bought it yet? I just got it on iTunes. Loving it 2 minutes into the first song.

Metallica sucks ass.

They don't suck. They just had that super shitty period. That's all.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby Fircoal on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:50 am

ParadiceCity9 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

Metallica sucks ass.

They don't suck. They just had that super shitty period. That's all.

They did. When? :P
Captain Fircoal

Postby LYR on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:02 am

Only heard one song so far (I know, I will be listening to them all very shortly). I doubt it will be as good as mop or rtl (or and justice for all and black album) but so far, from what ive heard, its much better than st. anger, which completely sucked.
pimpdave wrote:

If anything black album was a huge spark of creativeness :lol: :lol: it was their best selling album (im not saying its their best though, not even close, but it was still pretty good).
I do it because I can

I can because I want to

I want to because you said I couldn't
Sergeant 1st Class LYR

Postby Ritter8point0 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:07 am

Yeah, these guys are my favorite band of all time, and I'll probalby pick this up Sunday. My favortie CD was Load, followed by Ride the Lightning, and then Justice For All. Then I like Master of Puppets, Black, and St. Anger, and then Re-Load is alright and for some reason I'm just really not into Kill em All despite Ride the Lightning being one of my favs. I don't even count Garage Days.. I saw them live twice.. once way back in about 90 or 91 with Danzig and Suicidal Tendancys, and then recently with Godsmack. That concert was awesome. They played pretty much their greatest hits.. and only two songs from St. Anger despite it being their newest album at the time.
Corporal 1st Class Ritter8point0

Postby Fircoal on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:18 am

Ritter8point0 wrote:Yeah, these guys are my favorite band of all time, and I'll probalby pick this up Sunday. My favortie CD was Load, followed by Ride the Lightning, and then Justice For All. Then I like Master of Puppets, Black, and St. Anger, and then Re-Load is alright and for some reason I'm just really not into Kill em All despite Ride the Lightning being one of my favs. I don't even count Garage Days.. I saw them live twice.. once way back in about 90 or 91 with Danzig and Suicidal Tendancys, and then recently with Godsmack. That concert was awesome. They played pretty much their greatest hits.. and only two songs from St. Anger despite it being their newest album at the time.

MEtallica is also one of my fav bans, along with MEgadeth, GUns 'n' Roses, Helloween, and Lemon Demon (which I'm listening to so much now XD) I saw them live quite a bit of times, and shall be on this tour. My favorite album is Master, followed by Justice for All. I like know you like Load. Unlike most thoughts, Load is actually really good. Espeically The Outlaw Torn. I <3 that solo. (Even if they did cut out of the greatest minutes :( I <3 that part of the solo too) I personally like all the albums as I said.
Captain Fircoal

Re: Magnetic

Postby sam_levi_11 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:12 am

metalica acan graze on my arse hair.

ill be waiting tilli read this weeks kerrang! where they have reviewed it. hmmm i wonder....
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby Phantom Lord on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:43 pm

"Master of the Puppets" and the "Black" album tie for my favorite CD's ever. Metallica was my favorite band for several years. I almost quit being a fan after Reload came out. I did quit being a fan after the load of crap they called St. Anger made me ashamed to admit I had ever listened to them. :evil:

Death Magnetic is not quite as good as the old stuff, but it is definitely a move in the right direction. Some of it is posted on youtube. Several of the riffs would be at home on Ride the Lightning. I can call myself a Metallica fan again with only a little embarrassment. I doubt anything will ever undo the damage St. Anger did.
Sergeant Phantom Lord

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:56 pm

Cyanide and My Apocalypse are AMAZING!!! Despite the lyrics being slightly emo, the music is great. My Apocalypse reminds me of Kill 'em All.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby pimpdave on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:35 pm

OnlyAmbrose wrote:Cyanide and My Apocalypse are AMAZING!!! Despite the lyrics being slightly emo, the music is great. My Apocalypse reminds me of Kill 'em All.

Yeah, that's what Rick Rubin was going for. I think you might enjoy this article, it certainly gave me hope for the new album, and while I'm finding things to like about Death Magnetic, I must admit I still prefer the first three albums more. (maybe I'm just old)

Metallica Looks Back to Look Ahead - nytimes
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Ritter8point0 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:45 am

Well, I got it and I have to say I like it. They brought back the 7 minute or longer instrumental track! I’ve missed those! I’ve been calling for them to do another one of those for years. When I saw “Unforgiven III” on the tracklist, I wasn’t sure what to think.. but I really dig that song. I think I like the second half of the CD more than the first, but this will be playing on my media player for a while.
Corporal 1st Class Ritter8point0

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,