Conquer Club

tantrum guids moderator action!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: tantrum guids moderator action!

Postby The1exile on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:18 am

They're right you know. Please unlock the thread.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby black elk speaks on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:18 am

Curmudgeonx wrote:
pimpdave wrote:All of you who protest so vociferously on topics you care about call it a tantrum.

Brilliant hypocrisy. Protest or tantrum. Tantrum or protest. *sigh*

That you protested is not the issue, it was the format (i.e. the wording) of the protest and the reactionary result by Clapper to that protest (your posts should have been deleted and you warned by the powers that claim to be).

Also as to your "protest", holding your hands over your ears and yelling "I'M NOT LISTENING" is something that a 6 year old would do, i.e. a tantrum, not a protest. No hypocrisy here, just you being childish.

agreed.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby clapper011 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:20 am

don't worry your hearts so badly about it. I am going to unlock it.
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby Dancing Mustard on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:22 am

clapper011 wrote:nope, nothing to do with pimp.
Yet it was left open, without comment or reprimand, until a certain person just tried to spam it to death?

Sure... nothing to do with him. Sounds plausible to me.

clapper011 wrote:I was debating on locking it the other day when it was made, but I chose not to
How gracious of you to permit rational debate about perceptions of the annual memorial of 911...

Seriously, just because a debate thread isn't labelled "Super Serious Debate!!!1" doesn't mean that it doesn't have a point. Just because it kicks off with an amusing cartoon to provoke debate, doesn't mean it's spam.

I can't help but feel that this is another case of "I don't understand this thread and one person seems to be annoyed... I'll just lock it because I don't understand what is going on" modding. No no, sure sure "you don't know how hard modding is!", "Oh you are just being silly, I know spam when I see it, even though I can't explain what it is or why this example was it"... how could you possibly admit to a mistake when you make one, that's just not what mods do. Right?

clapper011 wrote:If you all are in favour of it being reopened I suggest saying so. and as long as it stays on topic I will reconsider unlocking it.
Everybody that isn't Pimpdave is. Get the valid thread unlocked, then delete the "DO WHAT I SAY!!!" spam, and let it continue on its way.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby The1exile on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:22 am

clapper011 wrote:I am going to unlock it.

thank you.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby black elk speaks on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:24 am

wow!

thanks, i didn't think it was going to happen, in fact, i thought that this thread would be locked too!
Captain black elk speaks

Postby Dancing Mustard on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:26 am

clapper011 wrote:don't worry your hearts so badly about it. I am going to unlock it.

How magnanimous of you...

To unlock a thread which you locked in error... with only one sarcastic comment. Why we should all be thankful that we have such a competent moderator who can show such grace and humility when dealing with their own errors.

Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby clapper011 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:32 am

Dancing Mustard wrote:
clapper011 wrote:don't worry your hearts so badly about it. I am going to unlock it.

How magnanimous of you...

To unlock a thread which you locked in error... with only one sarcastic comment. Why we should all be thankful that we have such a competent moderator who can show such grace and humility when dealing with their own errors.

:roll: not asking for your thanks or anyone elses Dm... you can think what you wish, just keep the thread free of trolling and derailment and it will stay unlocked.
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby Dancing Mustard on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:39 am

clapper011 wrote::roll: not asking for your thanks or anyone elses Dm...
Yeah, good for you. Lucky too, since nobody was about to give you any.

clapper011 wrote:just keep the thread free of trolling and derailment and it will stay unlocked.
It's not exactly me who needs to be warned about that though, is it?

Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby black elk speaks on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:54 am

Dancing Mustard wrote:

clapper011 wrote:just keep the thread free of trolling and derailment and it will stay unlocked.

actually, I was thankful.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby MeDeFe on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:36 pm

black elk speaks wrote:
Dancing Mustard wrote:

DM's second point remains valid.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby black elk speaks on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:42 pm

MeDeFe wrote:
black elk speaks wrote:
Dancing Mustard wrote:

DM's second point remains valid.

fair enough.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby pimpdave on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:51 pm

Right, cause the title of the thread isn't dismissive and diminutive enough as it is. It might as well say, "Mocking 911 Thread" instead of "Obligatory 911 Thread".

Because the cartoon in it isn't mocking that people get upset about the towers falling, the overtly sarcastic language of the first post, and most of the posts on the first page aren't obvious sarcasm and dismissive. [/sarcasm]

And even if the cartoon is meant to satirize people who look for 9/11 symbolism anywhere it can be found, then how the f*ck is that applicable to the anniversary, when such symbols run rampant anyway? Instead, the timing of the cartoon and thread clearly reflects a mockery of the events, the fallen, and of anyone who might still care about those who died.

So thanks. Thanks a lot. It's not bad enough to have to spend the entire day watching douche bags exploit the tragedy for financial, ratings, or political gain, it has to be exploited for laughs by the CC body politic. And, par for the course, only by people who weren't even there that day, nor who mock tragedies that befall their own nations.

So I really hope all of you who found the thread uproariously hilarious get to witness a horrible event yourselves. I hope you get to know the joys and sorrows of escaping it alive with the knowledge that your friends did not. I hope you get to see just how funny it all is.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby black elk speaks on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:01 pm

I think that the point is that they can and will do and say whatever they want on the internet. given the world view of America, there justified in what they say in this case as well. my goal it to express my counter point to those who would do such things and attempt to change their view or allow them to change mine. hopefully, a little of both is going to happen along the way. thrashing about as you did really only gives people something to laugh at.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby pimpdave on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:04 pm

black elk speaks wrote:I think that the point is that they can and will do and say whatever they want on the internet. given the world view of America, there justified in what they say in this case as well. my goal it to express my counter point to those who would do such things and attempt to change their view or allow them to change mine. hopefully, a little of both is going to happen along the way. thrashing about as you did really only gives people something to laugh at.

But one is not allowed to use racism or bigotry on this forum. Technically, one is not supposed to troll. How is mocking the deaths of people who didn't choose to be in harms way that morning any different from mocking someone for something (skin color, for example) that they didn't choose either?

(rhetorical question, it isn't)
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Postby black elk speaks on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:08 pm

pimpdave wrote:
black elk speaks wrote:I think that the point is that they can and will do and say whatever they want on the internet. given the world view of America, there justified in what they say in this case as well. my goal it to express my counter point to those who would do such things and attempt to change their view or allow them to change mine. hopefully, a little of both is going to happen along the way. thrashing about as you did really only gives people something to laugh at.

But one is not allowed to use racism or bigotry on this forum. Technically, one is not supposed to troll. How is mocking the deaths of people who didn't choose to be in harms way that morning any different from mocking someone for something (skin color, for example) that they didn't choose either?

(rhetorical question, it isn't)

I think that you just took it that way. the mockery was in the image and the reaction of the woman that there were 2 towers there that resembled the WTC. it was the woman's over reaction that was being mocked. somehow you missed this and assumed the role of the woman, over-reacting just as she did in the picture. there was no "he-he. dead americans" notion to the cartoon at all. it was making fun of, well, people like you. i don't mean to dig at you. i just think that you should learn from this and move on. you fueled the fire here by being just what they were making fun of, not even realizing that you were playing into their hands. I found the cartoon foolish and offensive too, but feeding it only made it stronger.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby pimpdave on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Okay, so go to a funeral, piss on the grave, and see how the people respond.

Go down to ground zero, mock the grieving people, and see how they respond.

Postby jnd94 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:20 pm

guys just shut the f*ck up and don't make fun of it. pimpdave obviously doesn't like it, and I really don't either. He's right, it's mockery. No matter if it was governemnt or not, those poeple were innocent and they still died.
Captain jnd94

Postby black elk speaks on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:21 pm

pimpdave wrote:Okay, so go to a funeral, piss on the grave, and see how the people respond.

Go down to ground zero, mock the grieving people, and see how they respond.

Im not saying what they did was right. i am saying that your emotional outburst only served to give them what they wanted.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby black elk speaks on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:22 pm

jnd94 wrote:guys just shut the f*ck up and don't make fun of it. pimpdave obviously doesn't like it, and I really don't either. He's right, it's mockery. No matter if it was governemnt or not, those poeple were innocent and they still died.

I am being serious here, i am not making fun of anything and i don't appreciate being told to shut the f*ck up when i am only trying to help.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby jnd94 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:23 pm

but you aren't helping anything.......
Captain jnd94

Postby pimpdave on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:24 pm

black elk speaks wrote:
jnd94 wrote:guys just shut the f*ck up and don't make fun of it. pimpdave obviously doesn't like it, and I really don't either. He's right, it's mockery. No matter if it was governemnt or not, those poeple were innocent and they still died.

I am being serious here, i am not making fun of anything and i don't appreciate being told to shut the f*ck up when i am only trying to help.

I don't think he meant you in particular.

Just drop it.

Postby deepsouth on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:27 pm

pimpdave wrote:Just drop it.

lol
Jenos Ridan wrote:the blame can be more or less evenly spread between most of the Muslim world for aiding and abeiting terrorism [and] the UN for allowing it to happen
Private 1st Class deepsouth

Postby Snorri1234 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:51 pm

pimpdave wrote:Okay, so go to a funeral, piss on the grave, and see how the people respond.

I'd say it's more like going on a random internet-chatroom and making fun of people who died on that day.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Snorri1234 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:

I'd say it's more like going on a random internet-chatroom and making fun of people who died on that day.

Actually, I would even say it's more like going on a random internet-chatroom and making fun of people who use the death of someone as an excuse to say all kinds of stuff.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,