Conquer Club

tantrum guids moderator action!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: tantrum guids moderator action!

Postby MeDeFe on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:14 pm

And the cartoon brought up a valid point, if we mentally bring the USA down to the size of two kids, the attack becomes about equivalent to some toys falling over.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about individual tragedies here, but the event seen as a whole. All expected catastrophes... did not happen. The national economy barely shrugged and internationally it was like throwing stones into the ocean, the USA did not withdraw from the world and become the next hermit kingdom, what was demonstrated was that large scale terrorism isn't as terrifying as it's been made out to be. The same goes for the bombings of London and Madrid, they happened and life went on, nothing changed in society and terrorism failed again.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Snorri1234 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:07 pm

MeDeFe wrote:And the cartoon brought up a valid point, if we mentally bring the USA down to the size of two kids, the attack becomes about equivalent to some toys falling over.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about individual tragedies here, but the event seen as a whole. All expected catastrophes... did not happen. The national economy barely shrugged and internationally it was like throwing stones into the ocean, the USA did not withdraw from the world and become the next hermit kingdom, what was demonstrated was that large scale terrorism isn't as terrifying as it's been made out to be. The same goes for the bombings of London and Madrid, they happened and life went on, nothing changed in society and terrorism failed again.

Indeed. All of those terrorists attacks show is that we don't actually care because it's not our battle. The bombings by the IRA were far more disruptive for british society than that bombing by some islamic fundies, because that was something which was close to home. It seems that terrorism doesn't work when attacking a country that isn't supportive of what you believe.

The overreaction some people show to the 9/11 shit is not something held in the large society and I'd say it's bad for american credibility. Britain and spain just shrugged it off, and that's probably the best thing you can do in this situation.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Pedronicus on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:29 pm

No, we made jokes about it.

Did you hear about the Irishman who tried to blow up a bus in London?
He burnt his lips on the exhaust
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby jay_a2j on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:51 pm

No one is making fun of those who died on 911. But if someone murdered my family or friends I'd want to be told the truth about it . Not, "It was natural causes". And me staying in denial just because a doctor said it was natural causes, would hardly be comforting.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby b.k. barunt on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:15 pm

If 911 hadn't been used by junior George to scare the pap fed citizens, i for one would not make fun of it. It was a tragedy for all those who died (except for the cops - i liked that part), but it was parlayed into a tool for a little phonytexasaccent facist cheesewanker, who would have passed unnoticed had it not been for the catastrophe which somehow made him a hero.

So it's not the tragedy that we are poking fun at. There are those among us who are embittered by a plethora of government bullshit, and we love tipping the sacred cows of those who slurp up such bullshit. Boys will be boys.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby b.k. barunt on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:19 pm

By the way, kudos to Clapper - she's the only mod i've seen yet that had the honesty and integrity to reevaluate a decision and disengage a lock. I think i'm in love.
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby clapper011 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:29 pm

b.k. barunt wrote:By the way, kudos to Clapper - she's the only mod i've seen yet that had the honesty and integrity to reevaluate a decision and disengage a lock. I think i'm in love.
:shock: :oops: :oops: luv ya too B.K! it really is a fine line on what spam/trolling really is.. and true it gets very hard at times to tell....
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Postby pimpdave on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:53 pm

b.k. barunt wrote:
So it's not the tragedy that we are poking fun at. There are those among us who are embittered by a plethora of government bullshit, and we love tipping the sacred cows of those who slurp up such bullshit. Boys will be boys.

You're a hypocrite. If that was the case you wouldn't be laughing at an image depicting people dying at the hands of video game characters, nor compliment people for posting such garbage as funny.

That is mocking the victims, tragedy, and witnesses, you sanctimonious prick, not the government. And it is flagrant trolling, clear and simple.

I was in the basement level of that building before the second plane hit. I saw things no person would ever want to see (and it doesn't look like the movies, dickhead). While you think it's funny that happy go lucky video game characters are bashing on a building, the reality is that people were being burned up by the jet fuel on the basement level, coming out of the PATH.

I don't see how this appropriate for the forums. You make jokes about lynch mobs and cross burning, you'll get in trouble, but mock the fallen at WTC, and that's all good?
Last edited by pimpdave on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby black elk speaks on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:27 pm

pimpdave wrote:
b.k. barunt wrote:

You're a hypocrite. If that was the case you wouldn't be laughing at an image depicting people dying at the hands of video game characters, nor compliment people for posting such garbage as funny.

That is mocking the victims, tragedy, and witnesses, you sanctimonious prick, not the government. And it is flagrant trolling, clear and simple.

I was in the basement level of that building before the second plane hit. I saw things no person would ever want to see (and it doesn't look like the movies, dickhead). While you think it's funny that happy go lucky video game characters are bashing on a building, the reality is that people were being burned up by the jet fuel on the basement level, coming out of the PATH.

I don't see how this appropriate for the forums. You make jokes about lynch mobs and cross burning, you'll get in trouble, but mock the fallen at WTC, and that's all good? Fucking sanctimonious piece of shit, waste of egg and sperm. You deserve to live less than every single person who died that day.

i don't see how berating people is going to help your point. this isn't flamewars. its the internet and they can say and do what they want. they weren't there, neither was i, but you don't have the right to stifle their voice in the matter. if you don't like it, don't read it.
Captain black elk speaks

Postby b.k. barunt on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:09 am

pimpdave wrote:
b.k. barunt wrote:

I don't see how this appropriate for the forums. You make jokes about lynch mobs and cross burning, you'll get in trouble, but mock the fallen at WTC, and that's all good? Waste of egg and sperm.

Heh heh, i see the babypimp is still puling away - he's actually kind of cute, but i don't believe he was anywhere near ground zero that day - sorry davey, you just don't have a ring of truth about you, and given the shallowness of your character, if you had been there you'd more than likely be a catatonic little pimp wannabe instead of a ranting one.

You missed my point entirely (imagine that), and you'd miss it again if i took the time to simplify it. Suffice it to say that you did help make this a fun thread - let it not be said that the barunt is unappreciative. Cheers.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,