Conquer Club

Poll on Racism

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is it just as racist to SUPPORT someone based on race; as it is to OPPOSE someone based on race

Total votes : 0

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Neoteny on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:25 am

Is this the thread where racists come to feel better about themselves? Yeah, thought so.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Gillipig on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:55 am

Neoteny wrote:Is this the thread where racists come to feel better about themselves? Yeah, thought so.

Aradhus thinks only white people can be racist which is quite racist actually so at some level you're right! I'm just stating the obvious equality in voting for someone because of their skin colour is equally racist/bigot regardless of the colour prefered.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:07 am

especially considering that you are inherently not supporting some other person based on race, if race is the deciding factor when distributing your support.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Aradhus on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Neoteny wrote:Is this the thread where racists come to feel better about themselves? Yeah, thought so.

Aradhus thinks only white people can be racist which is quite racist actually so at some level you're right! I'm just stating the obvious equality in voting for someone because of their skin colour is equally racist/bigot regardless of the colour prefered.

Yes, YES! Exactly. That's exactly what I was saying. Obviously.

Its like, when your dad would be fucking you in the ass, and you'd catch a glimpe of his object of love, it doesn't matter that his is bigger, because you've got one too. Yeah, ok, so he uses his more, has been active longer, and can do more damage, but who cares, its all equal. really.
Major Aradhus

Postby Snorri1234 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:42 pm

They're not being racist, they're just saying that some unrelated things make it okay to be a racist.

Of course, these guys think that "I'm not a racist, but.." put in front of your racist ramblings makes you not a racist. ("i have black friends!" is also a classic. particularly if they mention they let those friends use their bathroom)
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:48 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:

They're not being racist, they're just saying that some unrelated things make it okay to be a racist.

Of course, these guys think that "I'm not a racist, but.." put in front of your racist ramblings makes you not a racist. ("i have black friends!" is also a classic. particularly if they mention they let those friends use their bathroom)

No, it's a legitimate question.

If I said I won't vote for Obama because he is black, then that is racist right? For sure bigoted (for u patchy). That is making a decision based solely on the color of someones skin. Do we agree here?

If I said I will vote for Obama because he is black, that is still making a decision based solely on the color of someones skin. Is it not?

I am just making an objective point. It's the same thing.
Major Phatscotty

Postby patches70 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:43 am

Phatscotty wrote:

If I said I won't vote for Obama because he is black, then that is racist right? For sure bigoted (for u patchy). That is making a decision based solely on the color of someones skin. Do we agree here?

If I said I will vote for Obama because he is black, that is still making a decision based solely on the color of someones skin. Is it not?

It is probably not worth getting too worried about Scotty. This was all predicted long ago.

Plato had some criticism for the Democratic process. He felt it was quite flawed, partially for the above reasons. People end up voting with their emotions instead of with wisdom. Plato believed that Democracy always devolves into a popularity contest instead of choosing the wisest leader. People end up forgetting about civic responsibility.

When people vote based strictly on racial or even party lines, they are not practicing correct civic responsibility. Good luck convincing people of that though. Doesn't matter the race, it is all the same. No matter what, those who are so irresponsible will always justify their actions one way or another, in politics and in life.

Plato's alternative would be quite...totalitarian... by our standards though.
Private patches70

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 am

patches70 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

It is probably not worth getting too worried about Scotty. This was all predicted long ago.

Plato had some criticism for the Democratic process. He felt it was quite flawed, partially for the above reasons. People end up voting with their emotions instead of with wisdom. Plato believed that Democracy always devolves into a popularity contest instead of choosing the wisest leader. People end up forgetting about civic responsibility.

When people vote based strictly on racial or even party lines, they are not practicing correct civic responsibility. Good luck convincing people of that though. Doesn't matter the race, it is all the same. No matter what, those who are so irresponsible will always justify their actions one way or another, in politics and in life.

Plato's alternative would be quite...totalitarian... by our standards though.

kinda blew my mind for a sec there. I have to put Marx down and pick up Plato for at least a couple days. My grandpa always tried to get me to read it, but I go in spurts.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:43 am

Aradhus wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Its like, when your dad would be fucking you in the ass, and you'd catch a glimpe of his object of love, it doesn't matter that his is bigger, because you've got one too. Yeah, ok, so he uses his more, has been active longer, and can do more damage, but who cares, its all equal. really.

I think that post sums up this guy pretty good :roll: ! What a joke :lol:

I think Snorri1234 is confused over the definition of racism. Racism is; The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/racist Check through my posts and see if you can find any white power inspired comments :lol: ! I'm only trying to be objective and if that insults you then you're just hating on the truth! Which is fine if you admit it but don't go around blabbering about that everyone who's interested in this topic is a racist [-X !
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Aradhus wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

I think Snorri1234 is confused over the definition of racism. Racism is; The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/racist Check through my posts and see if you can find any white power inspired comments :lol: ! I'm only trying to be objective and if that insults you then you're just hating on the truth! Which is fine if you admit it but don't go around blabbering about that everyone who's interested in this topic is a racist [-X !

I thought a racist was defined as anyone who disagrees with liberalism?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Baron Von PWN on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:13 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Aradhus wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

I thought a racist was defined as anyone who disagrees with liberalism?

No that would be a pretty idiotic.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:15 am

Am I racist?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Baron Von PWN on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:17 am

Army of GOD wrote:Am I racist?

maybe.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:29 am

f*ck white people
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Army of GOD wrote:f*ck white people

Actually I wouldn't call that comment racist! Racisim is the belief of one race being superior to another! You only said f'ck white people so you haven't said that caucasians are better or worse than other races.

Here's a question for you guys; Can you be racist and have right?
If I say black people are better at running than white people I'm saying something racist aka black are superior to white people. Yet that's 100% true! There's little doubt that black people have genetic advantages when it comes to running.

In the same way I can say that white people have higher IQ than black people (that is documented and supported by several scientific studies and NOT just racist ramblings) ! And that would also be 100% true and equally racist. But somehow society wouldn't see it the same way. Society would twist it into the latter comment being deeply racist and and the first comment not racist at all which is just utter bullshit because they're both equally valid and racist!
If you want sources for the IQ thing I'll be more than happy to post them here but I won't post them if no one disputes this being true!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:35 pm

Baron, it's not silly at all. I have collections of clips, tons of evidence.

It's like this. The democratic party is the perceived champion of minorities, right? Anything that goes against liberal policy can and has many times ended up with charges of racism.

Jesse Jackson, just to site one example, said "You can not call yourself black and be against the healthcare bill" Thereby implying it's for the blacks, and any white who stand against it are racist. Sharpton and others have echoed this claim many times many different ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evB6r-RIbD8
Major Phatscotty

Postby Aradhus on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Jesse Jackson, just to site one example, said "You can not call yourself black and be against the healthcare bill" Thereby implying it's for the blacks, and any white who stand against it are racist. Sharpton and others have echoed this claim many times many different ways.

Another interpretation might be that he's saying the healthcare bill would stop people from being exploited, and given the history of black people, they should be able to relate, and not want anyone to be exploited.
Major Aradhus

Postby notyou2 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:47 am

Gillipig wrote:

Actually I wouldn't call that comment racist! Racisim is the belief of one race being superior to another! You only said f'ck white people so you haven't said that caucasians are better or worse than other races.

If I say black people are better at running than white people I'm saying something racist aka black are superior to white people. Yet that's 100% true! There's little doubt that black people have genetic advantages when it comes to running.

In the same way I can say that white people have higher IQ than black people (that is documented and supported by several scientific studies and NOT just racist ramblings) ! And that would also be 100% true and equally racist. But somehow society wouldn't see it the same way. Society would twist it into the latter comment being deeply racist and and the first comment not racist at all which is just utter bullshit because they're both equally valid and racist!
If you want sources for the IQ thing I'll be more than happy to post them here but I won't post them if no one disputes this being true!

Everyone knows that the Aryans are the superior race of people. Just ask Hitler and all the studies done that concur with this conclusion.

Perhaps you should be known as Gilliracistpig?
Captain notyou2

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:56 am

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Gillipig on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:18 am

notyou2 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Everyone knows that the Aryans are the superior race of people. Just ask Hitler and all the studies done that concur with this conclusion.

Perhaps you should be known as Gilliracistpig?

Lol according to IQ and race studies east asians have higher iq than caucasians and I doubt Hitler would sign in on that :) ! I'm just stating facts that are racist and true! Here's my sources; (if you don't care to read it all just look at the 2 first links!) http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/9530.aspx http://www.bible-researcher.com/murray1.html http://www.amazon.com/Race-Differences- ... 159368021X (this is a book I borrowed in a library in Sweden not long ago) http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30 ... 0years.pdf http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30 ... 0years.pdf http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/re ... thesis.pdf http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30 ... 0years.pdf http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30 ... 0years.pdf http://www.ssc.uwo.ca/psychology/facult ... per%29.pdf Remember don't shoot the messenger. There's always those who argue environment rather than genetics is the reason but here's why that can't be true; IQ tests largely doesn't measure learned ability but born with ability to make connections between things. One can upper his IQ by doing many IQ tests but how many kids (regardless race) bother to do that? Not many! And even if (and it has been done) environment is being taken into account there's still a gap between black and white peoples IQ level! The gap between east asians and whites are maybe even more clarifying of the cause because they score higher than whites even though the IQ tests are designed after western culture and east asians on average have lower education! Is it really such a horrible thought that one race can be smarter than another? If one race can run faster than others due to their genetics there's bound to be differences in other areas as well! There's no sense in; All races are exactly the same in everything except running in which blacks are better!!! I assume some people can't accept this without immediately saying that one race is overall more advanced than others but that's their problem and not the truth itself!

I think Gillirealistpig is a better nick name for me :) !
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Let me show you where you're wrong:

One's environment still plays a large role in determining one's IQ. I've yet to stumble upon any research that states what proportion of environmental factors and what proportion of genetic background determine one's IQ. In your second link, Charles Murry himself can't even answer that.

The first link you mention (Rushton, J. P., & Jensen, A. R, 2005, "Thirty years of research on race differences in cognitive ability") is actually riddled with errors. In the exact same June 2005 issue of Psychology, Public Policy and Law, if you even bothered to actually read it, you would have noticed an article titled "Heredity, environment, and race differences in IQ: A commentary on Rushton and Jensen (2005)."

It's a lovely lambasting of what went wrong in their research, so you should read it to further counterbalance your misled views. (Did you even read the original PDF "Thirty years of research on race differences in cognitive ability", or did you just read some guy's summary?)

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Nisbett-commentary-on-30years.pdf

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/ (for all the PDFs and not some crummy summary written by god knows who on medical-news.net).

However, people have to be careful when they conduct such research because they might be labeled as racist. It depends on what they conclude, how they were led to their conclusions, and of course on people's perceptions (which can easily be led astray).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:33 pm

A related study was done in 1983

anyone who has seen this and would like you talk about this, there is quite a story behind the movie Trading Places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl_N2zowEYY another great scene
Last edited by Phatscotty on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Gillipig on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:34 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Let me show you where you're wrong:

One's environment still plays a large role in determining one's IQ. I've yet to stumble upon any research that states what proportion of environmental factors and what proportion of genetic background determine one's IQ. In your second link, Charles Murry himself can't even answer that.

The first link you mention (Rushton, J. P., & Jensen, A. R, 2005, "Thirty years of research on race differences in cognitive ability") is actually riddled with errors. In the exact same June 2005 issue of Psychology, Public Policy and Law, if you even bothered to actually read it, you would have noticed an article titled "Heredity, environment, and race differences in IQ: A commentary on Rushton and Jensen (2005)."

It's a lovely lambasting of what went wrong in their research, so you should read it to further counterbalance your misled views. (Did you even read the original PDF "Thirty years of research on race differences in cognitive ability", or did you just read some guy's summary?)

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Nisbett-commentary-on-30years.pdf

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/ (for all the PDFs and not some crummy summary written by god knows who on medical-news.net).

However, people have to be careful when they conduct such research because they might be labeled as racist. It depends on what they conclude, how they were led to their conclusions, and of course on people's perceptions (which can easily be led astray).

As much as I appreciate that you read my sources carefully you must've missed the underlying red thread, that even with the environmental aspect taken into account it doesn't compensate for the entire difference in IQ between races!! That's what these studies show and I think the east asian vs caucasian is a brilliant example to demonstrate just that. If environment was the only variable when it comes to IQ in humans, east asians would've scored lower on IQ tests than caucasians! (unless you argue that the average chinese has a more IQ stimulating environment than we do lol) They score higher on IQ tests that were made by and for westerner's than we do ourselves despite everything! The total IQ difference between east asians and africans can't in a million years be explained without talking genetics! My question was if you can say something racist (a.k.a one race superior to another) and be right but I think I've already answered that question! The real question however should be; can society ever accept that there are differences between races?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re: Phatscotty Poll on Racism

Postby Lootifer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:38 pm

GabonX wrote:I wanna know who voted "no".

I voted no.

Simple logic people:

- Disliking something implies you don like that option.

- Liking something does not imply you don't like the alternative.

More information is required on the side of the supporter to determine the solution.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Re: Phatscotty Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Lootifer wrote:
GabonX wrote:I wanna know who voted "no".

I voted no.

Simple logic people:

- Disliking something implies you don like that option.

- Liking something does not imply you don't like the alternative.

More information is required on the side of the supporter to determine the solution.

what about choosing someone based solely on the color of their skin? as the poll specifically asks...
Major Phatscotty

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,