Conquer Club

Info pls on Super League

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Info pls on Super League

Postby Coors1 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:23 pm

I have been playing this tourney since day ONE. It is basicly one of the only reasons I play on this site, cause love this tourney and format. *5 to 90% of my games are in this tourney.

Now I get locked out of the stats google sheet.

Been here 17 years now, and a paying player this whole time, I hope this tourney continues, or this will be the end of me on this site.

Hope this can all get worked out.

Thank you

Coors1
Captain Coors1

Re: Info pls on Super League

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:48 pm

No one asked Craig to pause the Super League, the whole argument is about a member who politely asked to be remove of the mass pm and about CaronylKluster Memorial tournament. This same member has nothing to do with the Super League.
That was Craig’s decision to include the Super League into his disagreement.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Coors1 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:13 pm

Mad777 wrote:No one asked Craig to pause the Super League, the whole argument is about a member who politely asked to be remove of the mass pm and about CaronylKluster Memorial tournament. This same member has nothing to do with the Super League.

Thank you very much for the reply, and info.

Coors1
Captain Coors1

Postby thegroover on Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:48 am

So one person, who had a workaround via message rules and thus could have sorted this out themselves. Instead stamps his/her feet and possibly causes hundreds of paying members losing the best tourni CC has.

Makes perfect sense...........

I really hope it does continue. The next round of games is due to start next week. Will that happen?
Captain thegroover

Postby aad0906 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:24 am

Mad777 wrote:No one asked Craig to pause the Super League, the whole argument is about a member who politely asked to be remove of the mass pm and about CaronylKluster Memorial tournament. This same member has nothing to do with the Super League.

Thanks for the clarity, it all makes sense now. I hope that the Super League continues despite all of this.
Major aad0906

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:29 am

thegroover wrote:So one person, who had a workaround via message rules and thus could have sorted this out themselves. Instead stamps his/her feet and possibly causes hundreds of paying members losing the best tourni CC has.

Makes perfect sense...........

I really hope it does continue. The next round of games is due to start next week. Will that happen?

Guys, you have obviously not all clue from this and so making assumption for your own case, TO is the sole responsible putting this Super League on hold, the story was about another event (CaronylKluster Memorial), TO went ahead and add Super League into the mix.

So please stop blaming CC team, the way TO uses his mass PM anytime something happen and beside the Super League highlights, it cause what you see above…player coming into the mix, clueless and pointing fingers the wrong direction.

Mad
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Coors1 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:20 pm

I'm actually not blaming anyone, things happen. Yes, they can get out of control, and take on a new direction. Just was my feelings when the Super league got paused. Just hoping that everyone will be able to work this all out, and we can get back to some fun Playing !! As I have said and told others, I was ready to quit a few years ago, and then this tourney (Super League) had popped up, looked interesting, and started playing it, and enjoyed it so much, decided to continue to play here. So i play 20% of my games in clan wars, and 80% in Super league.

Thanks again for all the hard work Everyone does, for the tourney, and the Mods within CC.

Coors1

PS. Craig says he is still banned, hope that gets corrected soon.
Captain Coors1

Postby Keefie on Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:55 pm

Coors1 wrote:PS. Craig says he is still banned, hope that gets corrected soon.

His ban should lift in just under 2 hours from now.

Let's all hope that everyone can move on from this and the Super League carries on as normal.
Colonel Keefie

Postby SuperSian on Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:42 pm

Has Craig been reinstated yet ?

Craxy that yet another ridiculous rule causing problems yet again

From the start Craig’s had to push water up hill with this tourney, no idea why he’s had to fight so hard when we’re all paying members wanting him to run it....NOT another mod

I’m guessing the continued success grates on those who did everything to resist it from the beginning
Corporal 1st Class SuperSian

Postby SoN!c on Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:23 pm

sounds you were right Supersian
xxx
Major SoN!c

Postby SoN!c on Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:42 pm

Keefie wrote:
Coors1 wrote:PS. Craig says he is still banned, hope that gets corrected soon.

His ban should lift in just under 2 hours from now.

Let's all hope that everyone can move on from this and the Super League carries on as normal.

??? hhuuuu yes if nothing happened like a ban that was not deseved?
Major SoN!c

Postby thegroover on Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:59 am

I must admit I have been massively shocked how this has been handled. Banning someone over a disagreement seems a bit of an over reaction. I thought that was reserved for cheats and abusive behaviour.

When I raised a thread about this it was locked instantly to prevent any discussion as well. Why? As paying customers are we not entitled to a say about issues? As others have now said the super league is amazing. It was Craig's idea and despite opposition from within CC he persevered with it and has made it a fast tournament with a huge interest and a growing player list. We are now on season 11. That proves the level of interest.

This spate has been over how messages are sent/dealt with. Does that really warrant a ban? However short.

Now please lets get this issue resolved and hopefully move on. It would be a shame if CC lost members because of this.

One last thing. When I was at work someone once told me that you don't have to like everyone, but you do have to show everyone respect.
Captain thegroover

Postby Dusty21 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:03 pm

Over-reaction by Mad777 absolutely. MOD is short for moderator, which means to moderate not escalate.

Getting your feelings hurt because someone didn't bow down and accept your edict without question seems quite wrong.
We are all paying members of CC. We all make this site work.
Especially players like Craig, who donates countless hours of their own time and creativity to create events that make this site more enjoyable.

Mods donate countless hours too, and are necessary, and should be appreciated. I have no idea what all is required, or how many hours the average MOD spends helping keep this site fair, well run,
and enjoyable. I know I could not do it and I respect all the good people who do this thankless job for us.

However, please try to take a customer service approach rather than a authoritarian controller approach.
Don't take things personal, take the approach where the customers are most important and their enjoyment and the sites growth are paramount. Negotiation toward providing
more enjoyable maps, tournaments and clan interactions with those who are willing to donate their own time to make this site more interesting and fun should be welcomed and
lauded.
Organizers and MODs need to work together and leave egos out of any disagreement. An equitable solution should be the objective. Never my way or the highway.

Please give this good man Craig respect and praise for the great thing he has created for all our benefits, take satisfaction in knowing that you both worked together to find a
solution that benefited all concerned.

As it stands now Super League is on hold, which is enjoyed by hundreds of CC players. That result is unacceptable. It is said that the TO chose to put it on hold.
I feel he must have been stuck with little option because he was being dictated to, not negotiated with.

Craig's contributions to CC should be worth more respect. As should all the moderators. Merit that respect.
Colonel Dusty21

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:13 pm

have any of you actually had a conversation with any of the mods involved about what happened? or do you just blindly believe everything Craig says is 100% true and can't be twisted or biased in any way?

someone requested to be removed from the PM list. craig wasn't happy about that and spit his dummy out and started scathing the person in question.. for simply asking to not be PM'd.

this is the second time he's lost his mind over someone requesting to no longer receive PMs. there is a pattern. in the other instance i'm aware of, craig banned the player from all his future tournaments. for simply asking to not be PM'd.

to the best of my knowledge, friends of CaronylKuster wanted to run a tournament in his memory. they didn't invite craig to be involved, he put himself into that position. no idea why.

super league has nothing to do with this. craig paused it to get all you sheep on his side and fighting for him without any critical thought from yourselves.

i have barely any interactions with craig personally, no issues with the guy. but i do choose to use my brain and not buy into one sided propaganda which is more than most of you can say.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:28 pm

If you knew how craig acted, you'd all understand. I wont even get into the personal side of it but he is a complete jackass as far as CC is concerned.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby SoN!c on Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:56 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:have any of you actually had a conversation with any of the mods involved about what happened? or do you just blindly believe everything Craig says is 100% true and can't be twisted or biased in any way?

someone requested to be removed from the PM list. craig wasn't happy about that and spit his dummy out and started scathing the person in question.. for simply asking to not be PM'd.

this is the second time he's lost his mind over someone requesting to no longer receive PMs. there is a pattern. in the other instance i'm aware of, craig banned the player from all his future tournaments. for simply asking to not be PM'd.

to the best of my knowledge, friends of CaronylKuster wanted to run a tournament in his memory. they didn't invite craig to be involved, he put himself into that position. no idea why.

super league has nothing to do with this. craig paused it to get all you sheep on his side and fighting for him without any critical thought from yourselves.

i have barely any interactions with craig personally, no issues with the guy. but i do choose to use my brain and not buy into one sided propaganda which is more than most of you can say.

We are just saying there was no need for a ban.. all the work he does for the superleague should not go so unnoticed to be banned asap for a funny mass pm "The Daily Scudder EXCLUSIVE!". If you treat people like this then dont ask why cc numbers are dropping.. Surely this could have been handled a bit better without a ban?

And if a ban was needed then communicate why
Last edited by SoN!c on Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major SoN!c

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:57 pm

presumably you know everything that happened behind the scenes then? in order to so confidently make that statement.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dusty21 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:59 pm

I appreciate your comments Caff. Maybe I went overboard with mine.
I have great respect for you.

I find that if you don't stick it out it can't be slapped back.
Your points are taken and I am wiser for them.

I still feel that the problem has not been resolved to anyone's satisfaction.
Something needs to be done.

Lots of players love the set-up, commentary and competition in Super League.
I thank Craig for creating it.

I realize Craig is a passionate man, sometimes things may get overheated. Forgive, forget, and move on.
Colonel Dusty21

Postby SoN!c on Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:02 pm

Wow, just edited typo's 1 minute after posting and already 2 replies - you guys are way too fast! :)
Major SoN!c

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:08 pm

its no moderator's responsibility to communicate why someone is banned if it's not reported in C&A. but if you use your brain a little it's not hard to work out why when he's abusing privileges, leaking private messages from moderators and sending out mass PMs talking shit about people (and moderators) for not wanting to be in a spam PM list.

how truly awful people dont want to receive PMs.

this also isn't the first time good ol' Craig has been banned and likely won't be the last if he doesn't sort his head out. because this is peak clown behaviour.

and he's got you all posting his behalf because when it comes to online drama and news, you intellectuals read one side of the argument and profess it as truth for the rest of your lives.

really mind blowing how so many people lack the ability to think for themselves. you might not like me for saying it but you're doing yourselves an injustice by just jumping at the mods like this. it's exactly what Craig wants to happen, and is why he cancelled Super League. to start an uproar, of sorts, and get people on his side "vs the mods".

the reality is none of you are involved in this mess and the best thing you can do whether you think Craig is a saint or an idiot, is shut up and wait for things to be resolved.

imagine someone politely requests you to stop PMing them. what would your response be? most likely something along the lines of "yes no problem i'll take you off the list", and that's it. no issues whatsoever.

now compare to Craig's response. blasting the people in question via PMs. banning people from his tournaments. generally causing as much hassle as he can all because.. someone didnt want to be PM'd.

quite literally insane. use some rationale.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby SoN!c on Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:15 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:its no moderator's responsibility to communicate why someone is banned if it's not reported in C&A. but if you use your brain a little it's not hard to work out why when he's abusing privileges, leaking private messages from moderators and sending out mass PMs talking shit about people (and moderators) for not wanting to be in a spam PM list.

how truly awful people dont want to receive PMs.

this also isn't the first time good ol' Craig has been banned and likely won't be the last if he doesn't sort his head out. because this is peak clown behaviour.

and he's got you all posting his behalf because when it comes to online drama and news, you intellectuals read one side of the argument and profess it as truth for the rest of your lives.

really mind blowing how so many people lack the ability to think for themselves. you might not like me for saying it but you're doing yourselves an injustice by just jumping at the mods like this. it's exactly what Craig wants to happen, and is why he cancelled Super League. to start an uproar, of sorts, and get people on his side "vs the mods".

the reality is none of you are involved in this mess and the best thing you can do whether you think Craig is a saint or an idiot, is shut up and wait for things to be resolved.

imagine someone politely requests you to stop PMing them. what would your response be? most likely something along the lines of "yes no problem i'll take you off the list", and that's it. no issues whatsoever.

now compare to Craig's response. blasting the people in question via PMs. banning people from his tournaments. generally causing as much hassle as he can all because.. someone didnt want to be PM'd.

quite literally insane. use some rationale.

Amen
Major SoN!c

Postby Kotaro on Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:38 am

Craig is unhinged. After asking not to receieve his spam mails many months ago, and getting berated by him for it, I decided to just set a filter so that if he PM's me, it goes straight to deleted, and put him on block, so I won't read anymore of his posts. Before this, I'd read about his spam mail begging people to support him whenever he acted like a clown in private, where he asked people to harass spam mods in PM's or spam a thread in support of him because of how much he does, not because he's ever right, and I'm not surprised this has continued happening.

I understand the anger that comes with being 14 and how that can come out sometimes, but eventually we all have to grow up IRL. I guess some choose to remain 14 on this site thinking it preserves their youth, but it's really just sad.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby TeeGee on Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:05 pm

Craig25 have very generously decided to continue with the Super league.

I am closing this now, as I see no further benefit in this thread and we don't need any further hostilities.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion