A Tournament Organizer (TO) has the option to grant a General Achievement Medal (formerly known as a Contest Medal) to a player or team participating in his/her tournament. In order to obtain permission from the Tournament Director to grant this medal the TO must:
- Establish a specific objective (or set of objectives) to be achieved by the participant(s) in his/her tournament other than winning the tournament or, for example, losing in the final. In other words, the objective(s) must be something distinct and original.
- Clearly describe how the objective(s) can be achieved. The objective(s) can be achieved in various ways, for example: By reaching a certain predetermined goal while playing in the tournament, which only one player or team can achieve, or by holding a vote amongst the tournament participants to determine who "did the best" if more than one player or team can achieve the objective(s).
- Send the above mentioned information to the Tournament Director in charge of General Achievement Medals. The TO is not allowed to publish the idea or post anything about it in his/her tournament thread until authorization is given by the Tournament Director.
For a General Achievement Medal to be awarded, the TO must:
- Complete his/her tournament.
- Send the name(s) of the winner(s) to the Tournament Director in charge of General Achievement Medals, along with a link to the tournament thread.
Note: The Tournament Directors reserve the right to accept or deny any idea for a General Achievement Medal. We will not automatically authorize the use for General Achievement Medals in tournaments.
(What I mean to say is that we will sparingly allow General Achievement Medals, so it will be somewhat of an added value to a tournament.)
Tournament Director in charge of General Achievement Medals: