Many argue the period following WWII was one of MLB's greatest eras. To celebrate a time when many of the game's best dominated and to create a professional sports league tournament with a historic and classic format I present MLB Golden Age. This tournament will require several months as each player will play 154 games so please keep the massive commitment in mind before joining.
- Each of the 16 pre-expansion teams will be represented.
- Each team will play a 154 game schedule following the 1949 season. Schedules for each team can be found on http://www.baseball-almanac.com. I will post each team's specific schedule in this thread at a later time but before the season begins.
- Since ballparks of the era were known for their quirks and eccentricities all maps and settings except for Conquer Man are allowed. Each owner shall select the home map and settings for their team.
- Maps are available on a first come first served basis, once a map has been selected it is off the board. There is one exception to this rule, however, both teams from Philadelphia and St. Louis may share the same home map because those real life teams played in the same stadiums.
- Double headers were commonplace back in the day so to test the depth of your "roster," settings will change for the second game of each double header played during your team's season. Home map settings for these games will change as follows: Escalating becomes no cards, no cards becomes flat rate, and flat rate becomes escalating. Fog and sunny as well as standard and freestyle will switch.
- The World Series will take place at the end of the regular season, a best of seven series featuring each league's pennant winner.
- You must be premium to join
- To ensure a higher level of competitiveness each player must have a minimum of the following: 1500 score, 500 completed games, 98% of turns taken. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
Boston Red Sox: Ghost_Rider, Alexander's Empire, Seq., Flat Rate, Chained, No Fog
Cleveland Indians: WPBRJ, Arms Race, Standard, No Spoils, Chained, Fog
Chicago White Sox: dcb, American Civil War, Sequential, Escalating, Chained, No fog
Detroit Tigers: danryan, D-Day Omaha Beach, Sequential, No Spoils, Chained, No Fog
New York Yankees: GreenBaize, Midgard, Sequential, No Spoils, Adjacent, No Fog
Philadelphia Athletics: BaldAdonis, Waterloo, Sequential, No Cards, Adjacent, Fog
St. Louis Browns: waiting4oct, Europe 1914, Sequential, Flat Rate, Chained, No Fog
Washington Senators: b00060, City mogul, sequential, no spoils, unlimited, Fog
Boston Braves: shoop76,Treasures of Gallapagos, Seq., Chained, No Cards, No Fog
Brooklyn Dodgers: HighlanderAttack, Age of Merchants, Seq., Chained, No Spoils, Fog
Chicago Cubs: Witt13, Triple Alliance, Freestyle, No Spoils, Chained, No Fog
Cincinnati Reds: coacheberhardt, USA, Sequential, Flat Rate, Chained, No Fog
New York Giants: musicalmaven, NYC, freestyle, escalating, ?, no fog
Philadelphia Phillies: Gargalee, Conquer 4, Sequential, Flat, Chained, No Fog
Pittsburgh Pirates: reccentre, Battle for Iraq, Sequential, Flat Rate, Chained, No Fog
St. Louis Cardinals: leolou2, China, Sequential, Flat Rate, Chained, No Fog
As I mentioned before, there will be 154 regular season games which works out to 22 games against each team in your league. Games for each week will be sent out on Sundays following each team's 1949 season. Since this tournament will get off to a late start relative to that of the baseball season I will send out between 7-13 game each week depending on your team's schedule at the beginning for approximately two months until we catch up with the calendar. That way the tournament should conclude in early-mid October.
***UPDATE 5/31*** All schedules are now uploaded and available for viewing in this post. As mentioned above I will be sending out extra games at the start so we can catch up with the schedule and finish the tournament in mid October. Assuming the tourney starts next week, I will send out the extra games according to the following schedule:
5/24- All games btw. 4/18-4/28/49
5/31- All games btw. 4/29-5/9 (NL), 4/29-5/10 (AL)
6/7- All games btw. 5/9&10-5/21
6/14- All games btw. 5/22-5/31
6/21- All games btw. 6/1-6/9
6/28- All games btw. 6/10-6/19
7/5- All games btw. 6/20-6/30
7/12- All games btw. 7/1-7/10
7/19- All games btw. 7/14-7/24
7/26-End: Each Sunday one week's worth of games will be sent starting with 7/25
The number of games you receive each week will vary between 7 and 13 with the overwhelming majority of weeks for all teams falling into the 8-10 game range. It should be noted there are only a handful of instances where teams will receive 12-13 games, so no one will be consistently inundated with a higher than average of games.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for your interest.