Tournament progress can be followed here!
This is not for sign ups!
This is final tournament for TO Table Tennis Tournament which consisted of 12 Leagues (one for each currently existing CC rank) and now winners of those leagues will face in here to know who is the best of the best.
Addition on July 8, 2010: I've asked for a General Achievement medal for the winner and Tournament Directors have granted it. So, wohoo, winner of the Super League will receive a formerly-known-as-Contest-Medal!
Added July 23, 2010:
Night Strike wrote:I'll also throw in 12 months of premium membership to the winner, which can be given all to the winner or split to others (no less than 3 months each).
This tournament is brought to you by 12 organisers who have united together in the Tournament Organizers (TO) forums by head referee amazzony (who got inspired from an idea by barterer2002). All leagues, their organisers and winners are brought out below. These 12 winners will be playing in this tournament to see who is best of them all. If winner of the league isn't interested in playing then their place will be offered to 2nd place player of that specific tournament. This league will be ran by amazzony and setup is explained below.
12 Qualifying Leagues
- TO; League of Cooks [organiser: amazzony] [winner: schnitzella] [runner-up: RickyJamesy]
- TO; League of Cadets [organisers: gameplayer & amazzony] [winner: Revlisd] [runner-up: golfstud]
- TO; League of Privates [organiser: Serbia] [winner: opsmgr] [runner-up: mcdeath87]
- TO; League of Privates 1st Class [organiser: barterer2002] [winner: Bigus_Dogus] [runner-up: Vexorg]
- TO; League of Corporals [organiser: Forza AZ] [winner: jrhulk950] [runner-up: Streaker]
- TO; League of Corporals 1st Class [organiser: Lufsen75] [winner: Karl_R_Kroenen] [runner-up: italianjobs]
- TO; League of Sergeants [organiser: samuelc812] [winner: dfp2dep] [runner-up: MarVal]
- TO; League of Sergeants 1st Class [organiser: MarVal] [winner: Gilligan] [runner-up: jpcloet]
- TO; League of Lieutenants [organiser: dittoeevee8888] [winner: vexx] [runner-up: gordito]
- TO; League of Captains [organiser: Gilligan] [winner: wolfmaster] [runner-up: Godd]
- TO; League of Majors [organisers: Natewolfman & amazzony] [winner: endar1077] [runner-up: Bigragooch]
- TO; League of Colonels+ [organiser: killmanic] [winner: DBandit70] [runner-up: White Moose]
- Basically we will have a bracket but a weird one (it can also be seen graphically in the next post). First 2 rounds will be simple. Round 1: 12 players paired up according to ranks. They play and winners advance (6 players left). Round 2: remaining players play, winners advance and then there's 3 players left. Now new bracket will be created for round 3: 3 player who advanced will be put into a new bracket (Bracket B) and one player from the drop outs will get a wild card to join those 3. That player will be the one who has gathered most points from previous rounds (overall points). Bracket B will be seeded according to ranks and it will continue as a normal bracket - from 4 there will be 2 left who will play final games and decide winner of the tournament.
- To win a set (in our tournament set will equal to a table tennis game) you must gain at least 11 points and in our version 1 point will equal to one CC game. So, to advance to next round you will have to win 11 games and the gap between you and your opponent must be minimum 2 points (for example, 11:9). There's a cut off to avoid endless matches: first player to 15 points without 2 point gap wins and advances to next round. This is dismissed for the final round of the Super League.
- Bracket will be set up according to seeds - Cooks vs Cadets winner, Privates vs Privates 1st Class, ... , Majors vs Colonels+
- Hopefully several games (preferably 4) will be played at once (depend how many games people agree to play at once) and serving order (aka maps order) is like this:
- 1st serve by player 1
- 1st serve by player 2
- 2nd serve by player 1
- 2nd serve by player 2
- 3rd serve by player 1
- 3rd serve by player 2
- etc etc
- 2-player Sequential Casual
Weather: Sunny (FoW off)
Initial Troops: Automatic (added to Super Finals because before this option didn't exist)
Serve Order: Selected on random.org
Maps: Alternating in order of player preference as submitted