Conquer Club

I Would Hate to Be You... (TPA)[Rescued][Winner: Jacob-ski]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

I Would Hate to Be You... (TPA)[Rescued][Winner: Jacob-ski]

Postby amazzony on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Old topic: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=139144 (abandoned by ralphcptc)

Everything in this post is brought here from the previous topic. Second post will be the place where I will add new data and keep updates of the tournament that I have now rescued.

show: maps and settings

ralphcptc wrote:In this tournament the rounds will have 3-8 player games in terminator mode. Numbers of players per round will be determined by the number of players left in the tournament each round. Original tournament start number will be 64 or more if a lot of interest. After each game is joined (between round 2 and 4) a randomly selected player will be chosen. That person is the target for that game. Killing the target DURING or AFTER round 5 of the game will cause the killing player to win immunity from the elimination round. Killing the chosen player prior to round 5 will cause the killer of the chosen one to go to elimination game automatically. The winner of the game will also win immunity from the elimination round. If the randomly chosen player eliminates another player prior to being eliminated then the target player will also win immunity.

The elimination round will pit the lucky randomly chosen player from the previous round against the all other eliminated players in a standard game showdown (assuming the chosen player is eliminated). The first two persons eliminated from this game will be removed from the tournament.

EDIT: In an effort to make the game play more fair. The chosen player will be the only one told of his or her status. Once the chosen person is eliminated it will be announced in chat so the killer will know he/she has advanced.

Example: players A, B, C, D, E, F, and G are playing in round 1 of the tournament. in chat, player C is chosen as the target. Everyone attempts to kill player C. Scenario 1: Player A kills him and player B wins the game. players A and B advance to the next round. Players Players C, D, E, F, and G will play in a standard game. Player E and D are eliminated first and are removed from the tournament. Other Players advance to next round. Scenario 2: If C wins the terminator game and eliminates all others then he will be the only player not going to the elimination game and the first 3 players eliminated in the elimination game will the be removed from the tournament.

Killing someone other than the target will not win immunity.

In simplest terms if you are not chosen, kill the chosen one or win the game. If you are chosen, take as many with you as possible.

The Maps and settings will be chosen by players. When signing up choose EITHER a map OR a set of settings you would like to use. (sorry no freestyle) The players will be randomly grouped in each round and the maps and settings of the group will be used to determine games for that round. If a particular setting or map is not chosen or there are not enough players to select a map and all settings then the remaining settings will be chosen randomly from the original sign up list. If there is a conflict ie foggy v sunny, setting or map will be chosen by popularity (most chosen setting or map) or randomly. If you do not sign up with a map or setting I will assume random.

When there are two players left there will be a head to head, best of 3 , 1v1 playoff. Using the maps and or settings of the two remaining players.

ralphcptc wrote:Players:

show: Round 1
show: Players Advancing to Round 2
Last edited by amazzony on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:34 am, edited 101 times in total.
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

I Would Hate to Be You... [TPA][Rescued][STANDINGS]

Postby amazzony on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Last update: June 14, 2012

Round 1
Players in brackets are players who advance to round 2
show: round 1

For Round 2 and onwards: Crossed out players are eliminated;
Players in bold are safe from game 2 (advance to next round from game 1);
Players in bold in game 2 advance also to next round.

Round 2
show: round 2

Round 3
show: round 3

Round 4
show: round 4

Round 5
show: round 5

Round 6
show: round 6

Round 7
show: round 7

Round 8
show: round 8

Finals
show: round 8
Last edited by amazzony on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 am, edited 84 times in total.
Lieutenant amazzony

UPDATE - I Would Hate to Be You... [TPA][Rescued]

Postby amazzony on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:35 pm

barterer2002 has asked me to save this tournament and finish it due to ralphcptc not being able to do it himself. I must admit that the tournament is a bit confusing to me right now but I will try to work it through and get new games out as soon as possible and the tournament back on track with smooth running.
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Hmm, to be honest, I am more confused than I realised at first glance, especially as I am not sure how the groups and games are for round 1. I tried to restore as much as possible and this is what I got (results - next post).

It seems that following players didn't get to play in round 1:
Sniper08
mcshanester29
Jobiwan
ubcman64
bruno fountain
musteriuz
Lacika
smithrog
Jacob-ski
downfall

As Jobiwan is long gone from CC and ubcman64 asked to be dropped from the tournament (old topic) then I have exactly 8 players for game 1 of round 1 for group 3.

Notes for future. theheadholes asked to be removed from the tournament. radioman212 wants in (reserve) - WWII: Europe.
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: I Would Hate to Be You... [TPA][Rescued]

Postby amazzony on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Lets see, I'll go through this group by group where we are so far in ROUND 1. And let me just whine here a second because the tournament was left in a bad shape, with no good indication where each group is or no summary on them.

Group 1
Finished first game, bobdakota and Steve The Mighty advanced to round 2 (according to previous organiser). Game 2 (AKA elimination game) sent out to 5 remaining players (HighlanderAttack asked to remove himself in old topic). Game 9265708.

Group 2
MudPuppy and osujacket advanced to round 2 (according to previous organiser). Game 2 has been sent to 6 remaining players (Game 9265723).

Group 3
Game 1 set up according to previous post: Game 9265637. IT received a message about it and elimination game will begin as soon as the first game is over.

Group 4
MrGlassB advanced, everybody else to elimination game which has been played following players have been eliminated: Krissan & Hook2. Everybody else from Game 9068348 advanced to round 2.

Group 5
Enormastitz advanced, everybody else to elimination game which I have created: Game 9265766. DJENRE is banned, therefore removed from the tournament.

Group 6
According to previous organiser, azak848 and Easy n Dirty advanced from first game. gimli1990 and MEK were eliminated in elimination game. sonicsteve, tokle, kuma32478 and spidey advanced to round 2 from elimination game.

Group 7
No idea who IT was in first game, therefore I have decided that only winner (Night Strike) advances to next round, everybody else will go to elimination game: Game 9265809

Group 8
evilkingjay advanced (according to previous organiser). koontz1973 and SuicidalSnowman get eliminated in elimination game. Muzzel, theheadholes, ckyrias, danryan and maximumbandit advance also to round 2 through elimination game.
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: I Would Hate to Be You... [TPA][Rescued]

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:41 pm

amazzony wrote:Lets see, I'll go through this group by group where we are so far in ROUND 1. And let me just whine here a second because the tournament was left in a bad shape, with no good indication where each group is or no summary on them.

A bit of whining is totally, 100% forgivable in this case. This tournament was a total mess from the opening bell, and I very much bow down to you for having the courage to take it over and the clear head to figure out what is happening!

Much kudos, amazzony, much kudos!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby amazzony on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:56 pm

I have a headache :lol: But, I think I got the groups back on track and at least there are new games out. After re-reading the original rules once again I noticed that I have made a small mistake with the elimination games - they should be standard and not terminator. Nevertheless, I will not recreate the games and hope that the mistake will be forgiven to me this time.

I have decided to make a small change in the rules because the tournament has been on a stop long enough and I believe we all want it to move as fast as possible. If/when settings aren't determined by players (it happened in one game that only maps were an option) then I will use CC's "default" settings (Classic, Automatic, Escalating, Chained, Sunny) and will not go for a random draw to get no spoils/adjacent accidentally :P

There's a better overview in second post of this topic with game numbers and names of everybody who have advanced. If you are in a group that has finished (2 finished games with names in brackets after them) and your name isn't mentioned in a bracket then it means that you are eliminated from the tournament.

So far we have 3 groups that are totally done and those players just have to wait for round 2. 4 groups have received their invites to elimination game (game 2) and 1 group is waaay behind, just starting their first game of the round.

I'm hoping that everything will begin smoothly because sadly I will be away from CC most of the next week but I will try to get the games started before leaving on Tuesday.

Dukasaur, thank you! :D It's always good to hear that players are still interested in tournament(s) that have been on a hiatus for awhile :)
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: I Would Hate to Be You... [TPA][Rescued][Round 1][June 1

Postby sonicsteve on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:17 am

I second what dukasaur said above.

Glad you've taken this one on, zz.

=D>
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Postby barterer2002 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Definately thanks for taking this on ZZ. I'd have done it myself however it doesn't seem to lend itself to one of the player actively becoming the TO (since they'd know who was it).
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby amazzony on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:41 am

barterer2002 wrote:Definately thanks for taking this on ZZ. I'd have done it myself however it doesn't seem to lend itself to one of the player actively becoming the TO (since they'd know who was it).

Glad that I was able to help!

Picking up an abandoned tournament is like putting together a puzzle. It's good that I like puzzles :D

All games, except one, that I have created have now started. I have sent a reminder to the player who hasn't joined the game and will leave it hanging now, in hopes that he/she will join the game soon. As it's a second game for the group (and escalating) then I doubt that it will stay behind from the other groups (even if it doesn't begin before I return).
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Sadly the second game of group 2 didn't begin while I was away so I have kicked GhoStedar out of the tournament and the game was just redone as 5-player game. Still, all other games are active so things are nicely back on track :)
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: UPDATE - I Would Hate to Be You... [TPA][Rescued]

Postby amazzony on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:56 am

Group 1 is finished with round 1: dustin800, MattiWacklin and wolfmaster have advanced to next round. kennys777 and kgbpizza were eliminated from the tournament in the elimination round.
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: I Would Hate to Be You... [TPA][Rescued][Round 1][July 3

Postby Sniper08 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Game 9265637 is over and i won it
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby amazzony on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:38 am

Sniper08 wrote:Game 9265637 is over and i won it

I will set up new game as soon as I get home, I'd do it right now but I cannot remember by heart who was IT.
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:33 am

amazzony wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:Game 9265637 is over and i won it

I will set up new game as soon as I get home, I'd do it right now but I cannot remember by heart who was IT.

I found the PM from my sent messages so I know who IT was. Sniper08 and Jacob-ski advanced to round 2, remaining 6 have to play in the elimination game where first 2 eliminated will be removed from the tournament
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:10 pm

Game 2 of group 5 is over. Jay_Santos and DaveH have been eliminated from the tournament. Following people advaned: got tonkaed, Ghost_Rider, shoop76, slickstick.

So, we have active 3 games for 3 groups (all game 2). Escalating Madness (group 2), Flat for groups 3 and 7, City Mogul and Cairns Coral Coast accordingly.
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:37 am

Group 2 has had 2 eliminations in their elimination game, therefore whakamole, ga7, Lufsen75 advance to round 2; br4nd0n2002 and solar have been eliminated.

Group 3 has also got their eliminations in their second game and bruno fountain, Lacika, smithrog, downfall will advance to next round; mcshanester29 and musteriuz are no longer part of this tournament.

So, only game left in round 1 is Game 9265809 for group 7. As soon as we have 2 eliminations in that game we will move on to round 2.
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 am

I suggest making a change in the tournament and using only Escalating spoils in round 2 and onwards. I have sent a message about it to all players who advanced to round 2 or who still have a chance to do it. If I don't hear too many objections then I will go through with it but if I get massive no to the suggestion then we'll keep using all 4 types of spoils.
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: I Would Hate to Be You... [TPA][Rescued][Round 1][July 1

Postby sonicsteve on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:13 am

I'm fine with escalating cards - makes very good sense to me with the next season of TPA starting in about 3 weeks time!

thanks again for rescuing =D>
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:26 am

amazzony wrote:I suggest making a change in the tournament and using only Escalating spoils in round 2 and onwards. I have sent a message about it to all players who advanced to round 2 or who still have a chance to do it. If I don't hear too many objections then I will go through with it but if I get massive no to the suggestion then we'll keep using all 4 types of spoils.

I agree. Let's switch to Escalating.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby danryan on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:48 am

I support the change to escalating.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Easy n Dirty on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:40 am

danryan wrote:I support the change to escalating.

Amen.
Lieutenant Easy n Dirty

Postby barterer2002 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Lets go escalating
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby amazzony on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:13 am

I realise that you are probably tired of the changes I am making but I'd like to stress once more that this tournament is part of TPA Year 1 and, like sonicsteve said, TPA Year 2 begins in just a few weeks. Therefore, I've decided that I will set a round limit to the last game of this round (Game 9265809) and everybody who are alive after round 20 (must be alive when round 21 begins for the first player) will advance to round 2 which will begin as soon as the game mentioned has reached round 21. It's a nuts flat rate game and I do not have the patience to wait for months before it plays itself out. Yes, it might be that it ends sooner but I don't think that the risk justifies itself in this situation.
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:41 pm

amazzony wrote:I realise that you are probably tired of the changes I am making but I'd like to stress once more that this tournament is part of TPA Year 1 and, like sonicsteve said, TPA Year 2 begins in just a few weeks. Therefore, I've decided that I will set a round limit to the last game of this round (Game 9265809) and everybody who are alive after round 20 (must be alive when round 21 begins for the first player) will advance to round 2 which will begin as soon as the game mentioned has reached round 21. It's a nuts flat rate game and I do not have the patience to wait for months before it plays itself out. Yes, it might be that it ends sooner but I don't think that the risk justifies itself in this situation.

Sounds okay to me.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Next

Return to Completed 2012