The final league setup is listed below....11 leagues total. Still accepting reserves.
emerickmachine -- cadet
• This is a 1 vs. 1 tourney that will follow the 2008-09 College Basketball season, playing 28-30 regular season games, followed with conference tourneys and finally the March Madness bracket which will decide our champion.
• Play is open to premium and freemium players, just make sure you have two slots available, as we will be playing at a 2-game per week pace.
• Winners of the conference tourneys automatically gain a spot in the March Madness bracket, while the rest of the field (64 teams) will be chosen by the selection committee (me) based on record and strength of schedule.
We'll also have a 32-team NIT version as a consolation playoff.
• All games will be in the traditional single-map format, until we get to the March Madness bracket which will basically be best 2-of-3 to prevent a bad drop from killing a player's entire season. I've devised an official scoring system that will be used (I'll repost it soon), but it pretty much comes down to winner 2 of the 3 maps.
• Most teams are open to everybody, but the schools with a red box to the left are reserved for ranks of Sarge or better. This is to ensure us a realistic college landscape. We have 156 total teams listed below, and I still hope to reach that number. If not, I'll just adjust and/or combine a few of the leagues to make it work.
• I hope you join the fun...I ran a similar league last year, so I have the experience to pull off a large league. When you sign-up please include your home-court settings (map, cards, forts, fog)....all games are SEQUENTIAL.
Current tourneys -- NCAA Basketball 2013-14, 2013 NFL season, 2013 FCS College Football playoffs
High rank: Captain. Place: 1,383. Points: 1,976