Conquer Club

Track Meet [Abandoned]

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Track Meet (FULL)

Postby ljex on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:29 pm

add slowreactor to the mod team i am on and remove pander please
Major ljex

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:20 am

Trying to do my lineup so "bump"
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby Woodruff on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:01 am

Gilligan wrote:Hey Woodruff -
Just wanted to let you know that slowreactor will be taking Pander88uk's spot on the other TeamCC team since Panda is taking a break.

ljex wrote:add slowreactor to the mod team i am on and remove pander please

Ok guys, thanks for letting me know. But I still need your events roster, ljex!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:43 am

Decathlon ******* sonicsteve
10,000m run ******* jricart and olkok
400m relay ******* shoop76,jricart,shaneback,Leehar
1600m relay ******* shoop76,ViperOverLord,olkok,Adow
400m run ******* ViperOverLord and Adow
5,000m run ******* HighlanderAttack and jricart
3000m steeplechase ******* ViperOverLord and Adow
1500m run ******* olkok and Leehar
100m dash ******* Leehar and jricart
Pole Vault ******* Adow and Leehar
Discus ******* shoop76 and shaneback
Long Jump ******* HighlanderAttack
400m Hurdles ******* shoop76
200m dash ******* HighlanderAttack
High Jump ******* Adow and shaneback
Hammer Throw ******* Leehar and shaneback
100m hurdles ******* olkok and ViperOverLord
800m run ******* shaneback and olkok
Triple Jump ******* shoop76 and jricart
Shot Put ******* HighlanderAttack and ViperOverLord
Javelin ******* HighlanderAttack
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby Woodruff on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:59 am

Update: I have been promised two more rosters by team captains who previously stated they were "in" (I've gotten 12 entry lists to this point), so in the interest of having as many teams as possible participate in the tournament, I am going to give them just a bit more time. Later on today, I will be starting the tournament with the Decathlon's first event (100m Dash), the 10,000m Run and possibly one of the relays and at that point, any teams still not having given me their entry lists will be removed from the tournament.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Well, it's 8:24pm on Thursday evening...I think I've given those two captains enough time, so I'm going to move ahead and start the tournament now with the twelve teams we have. Good luck, everyone - and let's have no pulled hamstrings from the old guys!

Postby flexmaster33 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Do you have officials manning the exchange zones for the relays...I'd be wary of extra steps and bobbled batons :)
Current tourneys -- 2023-24 College Basketball, Arms Race! Best of Five, Conquer the World, 2024 Major League Soccer, NBA playoffs, 2024 WNBA season doubles, Political Puppets mixed team

High rank: Major. Place: 1,150. Points: 2,093
Sergeant 1st Class flexmaster33

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:11 am

flexmaster33 wrote:Do you have officials manning the exchange zones for the relays...I'd be wary of extra steps and bobbled batons :)

And never mind the Valued Mods just plain tossing the baton because they just can't quite run that far any more...

Postby BoganGod on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:49 am

Sorry about the lateness of my team list :( please feel free to call me nasty names all.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby flexmaster33 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Bogan is a booger head, Bogan is a booger head.

Hey, if he's going to invite playground bullying, I'll take him up on it :)
Current tourneys -- 2023-24 College Basketball, Arms Race! Best of Five, Conquer the World, 2024 Major League Soccer, NBA playoffs, 2024 WNBA season doubles, Political Puppets mixed team

High rank: Major. Place: 1,150. Points: 2,093
Sergeant 1st Class flexmaster33

Postby ender516 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:19 am

Woodruff wrote:
flexmaster33 wrote:Do you have officials manning the exchange zones for the relays...I'd be wary of extra steps and bobbled batons :)

And never mind the Valued Mods just plain tossing the baton because they just can't quite run that far any more...

I'm so glad such comments would not apply to those of us in the More Valued Mods.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:21 pm

ender516 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

I'm so glad such comments would not apply to those of us in the More Valued Mods.

Well played! <laughing>

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:26 pm

BoganGod wrote:Sorry about the lateness of my team list :( please feel free to call me nasty names all.

For everyone's information, I am going to allow BoganGod's team to continue in the tournament, despite his lateness in getting his entry to me.

However, they will NOT be entered into the 10,000m Run nor the 400m Relay, as their entrants did not report to the start location in time (I didn't have their list and can't put them in now without starting over, which I won't do).

By good fortune, their Decathlete can be filled into the one opening in the only Decathlon event to have started (100m Dash), so I will do so.

Decathlon 100m Dash Story

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:29 pm

And here we are folks, at the Decathlon's 100m Dash event.

In the first heat, we have denominator in lane 2. In lane 3 is sonicsteve and in lane 4 is lurkerleader. Slaylark is in lane 5 with Cognac in lane 6, and finally we have anonymus in lane 7.

Starter's pistol is up...and it's quite a start out of the blocks for denominator, as he jumped way out in front off the gun. lurkerleader appears to have tripped himself up a bit on the starting block, and having some trouble catching his balance...I don't see any way he can make up for that start. The other four are bunched up together a bit behind denominator just as they pass the 50 meter point. They could catch him if they really kick it in gear now, but it will take a tremendous effort. lurkerleader never did gain any ground at all after tripping and anonymus dropped back from the pack as well. denominator couldn't quite keep up his tremendous start, as sonicsteve, Slaylark and Cognac were all able to gain back that ground from him. It appears likely that four will advance from this heat as denominator, sonicsteve, Slaylark and Cognac all posted excellent times.

In the second heat, we have downfall in lane 2. In lane 3 is slowreactor with Haggis_McMutton in lane 4. In lane 5 is AgentSmith88. Gilligan is in lane six, along with The Cheat in lane 7.

Starter's pistol is up...downfall and slowreactor really got tremendous starts out of the blocks, while The Cheat didn't do too bad out in lane 7. Those two being side-by-side will help them to keep ahead, most likely. AgentSmith88 faceplanted out of the blocks, and didn't even bother to get back up. His strong suit wasn't the quick sprint anyway, so he wasn't counting on points from the dash. Haggis_McMutton and Gilligan got pretty slow starts, and are falling quickly back of the other three in front. As we pass the 50 meter point, The Cheat looks to be picking up a bit of steam, but will he have enough to catch up to the other two in time? downfall and slowreactor blew away the rest of the field and posted very impressive times. The Cheat gained a bit of ground and was able to hold onto third place in the heat, while Haggis_McMutton squeaked into the fourth spot ahead of Gilligan and AgentSmith88 (who is now nursing some serious road rash on his left knee). From this heat, the four to advance are downfall, slowreactor, The Cheat and Haggis_McMutton.

So, on to the finals, folks!
Last edited by Woodruff on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Track Meet (Dec 100m Story Updated)

Postby Cognac on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:45 pm

lol...nice writeup...thanks for the work put into this. Should produce some interesting banter once we come down to the wire.
Major Cognac

10,000m Run Story

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:29 pm

The 10,000 meter run is about to start. This event is the most grueling of the track meet, and the contestants must be committed to the endurance required.

In the first heat, we have only five entrants. They are Army of GOD, mwcc, Phr34ky, WPBRJ and Chewie1. They're off and running. Phr34ky seems to have fallen back rather quickly. He is clearly trying to pace himself for a late rally, but he could get himself in trouble if he waits to long before making some sort of a move. Midway between Phr34ky and the lead pack is Army of GOD, who is making sure to keep himself within reach. The lead pack is comprised of WPBRJ in the lead, with Chewie1 and mwcc following immediately behind. But we're very early in the race at this point.

In the second heat, we have six entrants. They are jghost7, I_AM_BOGEY, jricart, Woodruff, lisbon101 and theTrueNorth. And there's the starter's pistol. Woodruff and jricart got their feet a bit tangled up at the start, which caused both to lose a bit of ground at the beginning. Meanwhile, lisbon101 and jghost7 jumped out with a pretty quick pace to take the very early lead. Following closely behind the two of them are I_AM_BOGEY and theTrueNorth.

In the third heat, we also have six entrants. They are Edgron, Risky_Stud, Gold Knight, mpjh, olkok and clapper011. And they're off. clapper011 and Risky_Stud are definitely the early pacesetters in this heat, as they have jumped right out in front and they both look very comfortable. olkok and Gold Knight are staying pretty close, but both appear to be struggling with the pace a bit...that may take it's toll later in the race. mpjh is within easy reach of the second pair, but must watch that he doesn't fall back too far from the leaders. Meanwhile, Edgron seems to be fighting off an injury of some sort at this point. It's not quite clear what is happening, so he may well be able to just run through it to loosen it up. We will have to keep a close eye on that situation! As we're through the first 3,000 meters, clapper011 and Risky_Stud have started to strain under the quick start they had, and have fallen back in the pack, alongside olkok. Meanwhile, Gold Knight is in the lead, followed closely by mpjh and then Edgron, who seems to have gotten his legs back under him, as he's running smoothly now. Entering the 7,000 meter point, Gold Knight and Edgron are in the lead, with Gold Knight about 50 meters in front. mpjh is in third, but a safe distance back. About to be lapped by the leader are the group of clapper011, olkok and Risky_Stud. Coming down the stretch now, and Gold Knight is going to win it. Edgron takes second place in the heat, and mpjh finishes in third. clapper011 comes in fourth, with olkok and Risky_Stud finishing in fifth and sixth, respectively. That puts both Gold Knight and Edgron into the Finals, with mpjh having a possibility of scoring a point or two.
Last edited by Woodruff on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Track Meet (10,000m Run Story Updated)

Postby Culs De Sac on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:04 pm

Team Legion wins their 400m Relay...Even after Mustapha Cramped up and gave the lead away on the first leg... The 3 remaining runners made up the distance and took the race.
Major Culs De Sac

Re: The Track Meet (10,000m Run Story Updated)

Postby Leehar on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 am

We won our quads bracket A game the 400m Relay against DBC. Play AOD next?
show
Colonel Leehar

5,000m Run Prelims Story (updated)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:44 pm

The 5,000 meter run entrants are at the starting line to get ready for the preliminary heats.

In the first heat, we have six entrants. In lane 2, we have HighlanderAttack. In lane 3 is vykingsfan64, alongside of Gifton in lane 4. Next to him in lane 5, we have the.killing.44. In lanes 6 and 7 are Juan_Bottom and BGtheBrain. There's the starter pistol. This is a distance race, so keep that in mind as things get started here. However, Gifton seems determined to be the pacesetter, as he quickly moves up front with vykingsfan64 right behind him as they move into the second turn. Juan_Bottom is still close by to them with BGtheBrain just behind him. HighlanderAttack is pretty slow getting off of the starting line, but he doesn't look to be in nearly as poor of form as the.killing.44, who has had a very poor start. Here we are at about the 3,000 meter point and things are shaping up. Gifton and vykingsfan64 are still up front, but they have been joined by the.killing.44 and BGtheBrain, who have made tremendous strides in making up the distance needed, particularly the.killing.44. The question is whether or not they are now "spent" or not. Juan_Bottom has faded fast, but HighlanderAttack is still within easy reach of the lead pack. Should be a very exciting finish! With only about a 500 to go, HighlanderAttack has powered into the lead and appears certain to win the heat! Bunched up and barely within striking range are vykingsfan64, Juan_Bottom and BGtheBrain. Gifton and the.killing.44 are too far back to win the race and are now simply hoping that they can make a good enough time to advance to the finals. Now that we have everyone's preliminary times in, from this first heat, HighlanderAttack, vykingsfan64 and BGtheBrain have advanced to the finals.

In the second heat, we also have six entrants. They are dustin800 in lane 2, with lane 3 held down by jricart. In lane 4 is smasher_123. Next to him in lane 5 is nick_la_trique. Meanwhile, in lane 6 we have mwcc and finally in lane 7 is I_AM_BOGEY. And the runners are on their way! I_AM_BOGEY sets a quick early pace through the first straightaway, with mwcc close behind him. Back a bit follows dustin800, and then considerably further back are is the pack of smasher_123, nick_la_trique and jricart who are going to have to be very careful not to get too far behind here early. At about the 3,000 meter point, I_AM_BOGEY has held up under his own fast pace and holds the lead still. mwcc has fallen back quite a ways from the leader, but dustin800 and jricart are right there within reach of I_AM_BOGEY, as jricart has really surged forward. smasher_123 is still back quite a bit and may be out of reach now, as is nick_la_trique. This one looks to be very good to the end! We are now at the 4,000 meter point and things are shaping up for the finish. smasher_123 has propelled himself into the lead and is looking pretty strong. Just on his heels is I_AM_BOGEY. A bit back of them is nick_la_trique, but he's not looking comfortable. dustin800 and jricart are just behind nick_la_trique, with mwcc right behind them. smasher_123 is almost certain to win the heat, but who will make the finals from among the others? We're about to find out...Now that we have everyone's preliminary times in, from this second heat, only smasher_123 and I_AM_BOGEY have advanced to the finals.

And finally, in the third heat we also have six entrants. codierose is in lane 2 with thegreekdog in lane 3. In lane 4 is plash.ricrem and in lane 5 is squishyg. Lane 6 is held down by Woodruff, with WPBRJ in lane 7. This heat is finally off and running now. WPBRJ and squishyg move quickly to the front of the group and settle in for the run, looking very comfortable. Close behind them is codierose, and following a somewhat lengthy distance back from there is plash.ricrem, though he looks like he is simply waiting to make his move. thegreekdog and Woodruff are already almost out of the race, as neither frankly looks in shape at all for this race, leaving one to wonder if they aren't injured in some way. Looks like this will be a four-horse race from this point forward! Now that we have everyone's preliminary times in, from this first heat, codierose, WPBRJ and squishyg have advanced to the finals, as plash.ricrem just couldn't quite keep up.
Last edited by Woodruff on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Re: 10,000m Run Story

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Woodruff wrote:The 10,000 meter run is about to start. This event is the most grueling of the track meet, and the contestants must be committed to the endurance required.

In the first heat, we have only five entrants. They are Army of GOD, mwcc, Phr34ky, WPBRJ and Chewie1. They're off and running. Phr34ky seems to have fallen back rather quickly. He is clearly trying to pace himself for a late rally, but he could get himself in trouble if he waits to long before making some sort of a move. Midway between Phr34ky and the lead pack is Army of GOD, who is making sure to keep himself within reach. The lead pack is comprised of WPBRJ in the lead, with Chewie1 and mwcc following immediately behind. But we're very early in the race at this point.

In the second heat, we have six entrants. They are jghost7, I_AM_BOGEY, jricart, Woodruff, lisbon101 and theTrueNorth. And there's the starter's pistol. Woodruff and jricart got their feet a bit tangled up at the start, which caused both to lose a bit of ground at the beginning. Meanwhile, lisbon101 and jghost7 jumped out with a pretty quick pace to take the very early lead. Following closely behind the two of them are I_AM_BOGEY and theTrueNorth.

In the third heat, we also have six entrants. They are Edgron, Risky_Stud, Gold Knight, mpjh, olkok and clapper011. And they're off. clapper011 and Risky_Stud are definitely the early pacesetters in this heat, as they have jumped right out in front and they both look very comfortable. olkok and Gold Knight are staying pretty close, but both appear to be struggling with the pace a bit...that may take it's toll later in the race. mpjh is within easy reach of the second pair, but must watch that he doesn't fall back too far from the leaders. Meanwhile, Edgron seems to be fighting off an injury of some sort at this point. It's not quite clear what is happening, so he may well be able to just run through it to loosen it up. We will have to keep a close eye on that situation!

All races expected to end within the next century
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Re: The Track Meet (5,000m Run Story Updated)

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:50 am

Good thing it's not a marathon then.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Re: 5,000m Run Story

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Woodruff wrote:The 5,000 meter run entrants are at the starting line to get ready for the heats.

In the first heat, we have six entrants. In lane 2, we have HighlanderAttack. In lane 3 is vykingsfan64, alongside of Gifton in lane 4. Next to him in lane 5, we have the.killing.44. In lanes 6 and 7 are Juan_Bottom and BGtheBrain. There's the starter pistol. This is a distance race, so keep that in mind as things get started here. However, Gifton seems determined to be the pacesetter, as he quickly moves up front with vykingsfan64 right behind him as they move into the second turn. Juan_Bottom is still close by to them with BGtheBrain just behind him. HighlanderAttack is pretty slow getting off of the starting line, but he doesn't look to be in nearly as poor of form as the.killing.44, who has had a very poor start.

Yeah, you know, besides the fact I'm like, only 2-2.

Also we won our 400 relay THANKS TO ME
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:47 am

This thread has entirely too little banter.

I need people telling me in excruciating detail just how badly they're going to beat me, or it just doesn't feel right

Btw, i obviously just saved my strength during the 100m preliminaries, as should be becoming obvious to my competitors by now ... 8-)
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby ender516 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:12 pm

I'd love to start in on you, Haggis, but you are a decathlete and I am not, so our paths will not cross. I just wish one of my events would start. (I suppose I could start training, but I don't want to be overloaded when my events start.)
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Culs De Sac on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Game 7794549 still missing 1 opponent
Major Culs De Sac

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned