Conquer Club

Rodion's WCCL [ABANDONED]

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rodion's WCCL (8/8 managers, 34/72 players)

Postby Pirlo on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 am

IcePack wrote:More questions:

1. Due to game count is this premium only? (you dot specify and if the games last 1 week + they won't have slots for next week)

2. Have the GA medals for manager been discussed / approved?

3. A question regarding over bidding. I'll need to show example and will use one you've already use in 1st post.

Situation:
You've bid 80 on player A
You've bid 80 on player B
You have 40 points for players C-I.

If the TOTAL combined points for the LOWEST 7 players on the bidding roster cost more than 40, technically you can't even fill a roster. Those 80 point bids were validwhen made, but perhaps the cost of the bottom most inexpensive goes up.
(or perhaps you have existif contracts you must fulfill, lose a player but all free agents are more than ur current funds allow). Roster still unfilled.
This is a original contract issue and extension / free agent issue that might be addressed differently.

A) How will this be addressed on original bids?
lose the bids on your highest offer player? Lowest offered player?
B) how will it be addressed if existing contracts make it impossible to fill a roster based on existing free agency costs?
Drop highest player? Drop any players until a full roster is availible? Entire roster dropped from contracts into free agency? Highest paid player immediately becomes free agent?

These ?'s are important knowing how a mistake in roster and costs will be handled. This might make saving $$ initially extremely important especially with 8 teams bidding on few players in a 40, 48, 56 older option set up. (less players = more demand)

Thanks,

IcePack

I'd make the points of the starting/1st bidding more than just 200.. maybe 2x those on round 2 of bidding because 2nd & 3rd bidding should cost less.
Captain Pirlo

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:28 am

Not all bidding is by rounds, just the first. Afterwards you have guys in contract for 1,2,3 weeks all different time frames. Free agents for up to 5 weeks.
The 200 / week is fine but lookin @ it just a few bids on key players by each team will make it very easy to F*** your entire roster.

Especially with the possibility of low player count. Which is fine it's up to managers to manage but f you have ur team and get out bid and all the others add up to out of your price range (something u may or may not have contributed to). As a manager I need to know who & what contracts of my existing that it's going to effect.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:42 pm

IcePack wrote:More questions:

1. Due to game count is this premium only? (you dot specify and if the games last 1 week + they won't have slots for next week)

2. Have the GA medals for manager been discussed / approved?

3. A question regarding over bidding. I'll need to show example and will use one you've already use in 1st post.

Situation:
You've bid 80 on player A
You've bid 80 on player B
You have 40 points for players C-I.

If the TOTAL combined points for the LOWEST 7 players on the bidding roster cost more than 40, technically you can't even fill a roster. Those 80 point bids were validwhen made, but perhaps the cost of the bottom most inexpensive goes up.
(or perhaps you have existif contracts you must fulfill, lose a player but all free agents are more than ur current funds allow). Roster still unfilled.
This is a original contract issue and extension / free agent issue that might be addressed differently.

A) How will this be addressed on original bids?
lose the bids on your highest offer player? Lowest offered player?
B) how will it be addressed if existing contracts make it impossible to fill a roster based on existing free agency costs?
Drop highest player? Drop any players until a full roster is availible? Entire roster dropped from contracts into free agency? Highest paid player immediately becomes free agent?

These ?'s are important knowing how a mistake in roster and costs will be handled. This might make saving $$ initially extremely important especially with 8 teams bidding on few players in a 40, 48, 56 older option set up. (less players = more demand)

Thanks,

IcePack

1 - Players will play 3 games per week, so I have no reason to exclude freemiums. They must realize, however, that they'll be committing the lion's share of their games to this tournament.

2 - Not yet. I can only talk to Lindax about GA medals after I get the tournament approved by Night Strike. We're talking through PMs about certain aspects (such as the rosters being frozen before week 14 if a team clinches the playoffs) and it will be approved once we have everything cleared up. Then I'll talk to Lindax about GA medals. Lindax is very reasonable, so the managers medal should be easy to get approved. Not sure about the other medals, though.

3 - You need to realize that the last players can be bought for "1" point. After 71 players have been signed and there is only 1 team out there needing 1 player, there's no competition to drive that player's price up, so he can be hired for "1".
Let's assume you offered 80/80/34, time expired and you succesfully signed those 3 players. You have 194 points spent, 6 points remaining and 6 players to fill. All you have to do is wait until every other team has signed their players and then hire the 6 remaining players for 1 point each.
Same thing about your concern that all FAs cost more than what your funds allow. The last remaining FA can be yours for 1 point.

A/B - no need to fix because the system is not broken. Unless I misunderstood your concerns? Let me know!
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Pirlo wrote:I'd make the points of the starting/1st bidding more than just 200.. maybe 2x those on round 2 of bidding because 2nd & 3rd bidding should cost less.

200 is an arbitrary number (it's what ESPN Fantasy Football uses). It could be 100, 500, 1000, 200.000...
It's not really relevant, though. If you start with 200 points and feel like offering 40 to Player A, you'd probably offer 80 if your starting budget was 400 (or 40,000 if your starting budget was 200,000).
General Rodion

Re: Rodion's WCCL (8/8 managers, 35/72 players)

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:59 pm

Ok well - hypothetically how would you handle it?
I understand you will get x1 guy for x1 point if you get the last guy.

But there will be multiple people bidding @ multiple time on each person. Some guys might purposely bid up other players they have no intent to hire to raise prices etc.

I think it will come up, just wondering how it will be handled.

Yes freemiums have 4 slots. But let's say they are part of quad team and are getting invited to x3 games per week. For whatever reason the quads games take long, and still haven't completed. Now they will need 6 slots in week 2, to accept the new 3 games.

See the dilemma? Maybe 2 out of 3 finish each week, eventually those slots stack up beyond capabilities due to dragging games.

Thanks again for timely response I'm looking forward to it. :)

IcePack

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:06 pm

IcePack wrote:But there will be multiple people bidding @ multiple time on each person. Some guys might purposely bid up other players they have no intent to hire to raise prices etc.

That's one of the features I love about auctions. The market governs itself pretty well. People can try to pull that, but if they are not overbid they will be forced to hire that player they didn't want (and for an expensive value if all they tried was to drive his plrice over the top).

I intend to start one week only after the others end. Don't forget we'll spend some time signing new players, so hopefully we do that while some games end in such a way that one game will not hold the whole tournament back.
General Rodion

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Another big question:

1st post states how many games (3 dub 3 trip 3 quad) but does not state game types, settings allowed, etc.
Are maps random? All settings allowed for the teams? Maps decided by managers? Players? Manual freestyle etc?

I don't see this addressed anywhere and really determines who I pick as a manager.

Cheers,
IcePack

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:09 pm

Rodion wrote:
IcePack wrote:But there will be multiple people bidding @ multiple time on each person. Some guys might purposely bid up other players they have no intent to hire to raise prices etc.

That's one of the features I love about auctions. The market governs itself pretty well. People can try to pull that, but if they are not overbid they will be forced to hire that player they didn't want (and for an expensive value if all they tried was to drive his plrice over the top).

I intend to start one week only after the others end. Don't forget we'll spend some time signing new players, so hopefully we do that while some games end in such a way that one game will not hold the whole tournament back.

Thank you that clarifies it. I thought theses were literal weeks.

IcePack

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:09 pm

One question I have (I'm not a manager so it doesn't overly concern me but it may come up).

Do you have to roster all 9 players? i.e. The last player left on the board is someone you just don't get along with at all. Are they forced on your team for $1?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:13 pm

IcePack wrote:Another big question:

1st post states how many games (3 dub 3 trip 3 quad) but does not state game types, settings allowed, etc.
Are maps random? All settings allowed for the teams? Maps decided by managers? Players? Manual freestyle etc?

I don't see this addressed anywhere and really determines who I pick as a manager.

Cheers,
IcePack

Maps/settings are decided by the managers before their home games. They should ask their players what they prefer, obviously, but ultimately it's the manager that will inform me of the maps.

Your doubles team can play their 3 games on the same map or on 3 different maps. Same for triples and quads.
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:16 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:One question I have (I'm not a manager so it doesn't overly concern me but it may come up).

Do you have to roster all 9 players? i.e. The last player left on the board is someone you just don't get along with at all. Are they forced on your team for $1?

Well, yes. :oops:

If you don't want to be stuck with that player, pay more for one of the other FAs before they are signed elsewhere.
If you can't, tough luck, you should have managed your finances better.

This is how it should work. If you have a good suggestion to make a better system, I'll be considering it. ;)
General Rodion

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Well technically you have to in order to field a team.

IE: you have 8 players dubs trips and 3 spares. You don't want the only remaining 1 guy.
You couldn't field a team vs the next teams quads (or dubs, or trips, whatever section you leave a man out) and I would assume forfeit those 3 games?

When you need to win 5 of 9, forfeiting 3 games is a MUCH bigger cost then shelling out $1 "unwanted" dollar for a guy you don't want, can extend for the 1 week minimum and field a team for that week.

Then the next week you can go after someone you do want. But really you don't have much of a choice except forfeit a series of 3 games without a full roster.

IcePack

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Rodion wrote:

Cheers,
IcePack

Maps/settings are decided by the managers before their home games. They should ask their players what they prefer, obviously, but ultimately it's the manager that will inform me of the maps.

Your doubles team can play their 3 games on the same map or on 3 different maps. Same for triples and quads.

So are ALL settings allowed? Am I reading this right? Freestyle? Speed? Manual? Nuclear?

I understand map selection now, thank you. Is random map an acceptable choice?

IcePack

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:46 pm

IcePack wrote:Well technically you have to in order to field a team.

IE: you have 8 players dubs trips and 3 spares. You don't want the only remaining 1 guy.
You couldn't field a team vs the next teams quads (or dubs, or trips, whatever section you leave a man out) and I would assume forfeit those 3 games?

When you need to win 5 of 9, forfeiting 3 games is a MUCH bigger cost then shelling out $1 "unwanted" dollar for a guy you don't want, can extend for the 1 week minimum and field a team for that week.

Then the next week you can go after someone you do want. But really you don't have much of a choice except forfeit a series of 3 games without a full roster.

IcePack

I wouldn't like anyone to suffer the shame of being refused even for the minimum price of "1". So I guess spend that 1 on the player you don't want for 1 week and hope he can win you some games. Or manage better in order to avoid that.
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:47 pm

IcePack wrote:
Rodion wrote:

Cheers,
IcePack

So are ALL settings allowed? Am I reading this right? Freestyle? Speed? Manual? Nuclear?

I understand map selection now, thank you. Is random map an acceptable choice?

IcePack

Automatic.
Sequential.
Casual.

You can pick spoils (including nuclear), fog/sun and chained/adjacent/unlimited.

Random is a valid map choice.
General Rodion

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Rodion wrote:
IcePack wrote:Well technically you have to in order to field a team.

IcePack

I wouldn't like anyone to suffer the shame of being refused even for the minimum price of "1". So I guess spend that 1 on the player you don't want for 1 week and hope he can win you some games. Or manage better in order to avoid that.

To avoid this just put a line / rule edit saying must field a full team. Then you're "required" to at least do minimum 1 point 1 week like you said.

Cheers,
IcePack

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:58 pm

How about Beta map? If no, what about if it gets quenched mid tournament?

That's all I got for now :)

IcePack

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:04 pm

No for Beta while Beta, yes when quenched.
General Rodion

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Rodion wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:One question I have (I'm not a manager so it doesn't overly concern me but it may come up).

Well, yes. :oops:

If you don't want to be stuck with that player, pay more for one of the other FAs before they are signed elsewhere.
If you can't, tough luck, you should have managed your finances better.

This is how it should work. If you have a good suggestion to make a better system, I'll be considering it. ;)

I think that's a good system. Just wanted to make sure. :D
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:07 pm

-Bump-

Need mo' playas. I wanna start this :)

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Rodion on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:13 pm

NFL draft starts soon.

Patriots get 2 1st-round picks!

I'm so excited!
General Rodion

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:52 pm

This sounds pretty damn awesome.

I'm in.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Re: Rodion's WCCL (8/8 managers, 36/72 players)

Postby LewisJB3 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:00 pm

in please (as player obviously)
Cook LewisJB3

Re: Rodion's WCCL (8/8 managers, 37/72 players)

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:13 pm

I'll be a player
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Re: Rodion's WCCL (8/8 managers, 37/72 players)

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Great concept Rod.

Put me down as a player, cheers
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned