Conquer Club

Masters of the Map of Kings: Feudal War [FULL]

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Masters of the Map of Kings: Feudal War

Postby killmanic on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:17 pm

Army of Achilles wrote:
killmanic wrote:This tournament isnt allowed as everyone who signs up is expected to be allowed to play

why is this any different than having a point restriction to enter a tournament?

one reason is because due to the setup it could be he did this to reserve more then 1/2 of the slots. Lets say he has 12 people he wants to get into the 10 allowed reserve slots he could do this instead if some of the people he wanted to invite had done well in other tourney or had good map ranks before hand. In the manor he set it up it is possible that he has reserved more then 10 of the slots, especially since 5 are his pick and who is to decided if finishing in the top 16 in a 64 in one tournament is better then finishing 2nd in a 16 person one, or if 2 people finished in 16th in a 64 person one who gets in, problem is he gets to chose, and so he might gain 3 slots for people of his choice (reserved slots) that way and 2-3 in each of the other 2 catagories as he can pick the lower ranked people he wants to get the earlier mentioned reserved slots knowing the others will get essencially reserved slots based on their map rank or overall rank

edit:it also becomes a private tournament when the TO can chose who he wants in the tournament, where as for the certain point only and above tournaments if someone above that rank wants to join the TO cant say no to them
Colonel killmanic

Postby owenator on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:34 pm

you know I'm in harry.
Lieutenant owenator

Postby DukeToshiro on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:44 pm

My hat has been thrown into the ring. I love that map! Cool idea, too! This will be fun to watch even if I don't get in on it.
Captain DukeToshiro

Postby Gigadakh on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:50 pm

I'll join if i can
Colonel Gigadakh

Postby Gilligan on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:58 pm

killmanic wrote:
Army of Achilles wrote:
killmanic wrote:This tournament isnt allowed as everyone who signs up is expected to be allowed to play

why is this any different than having a point restriction to enter a tournament?

one reason is because due to the setup it could be he did this to reserve more then 1/2 of the slots. Lets say he has 12 people he wants to get into the 10 allowed reserve slots he could do this instead if some of the people he wanted to invite had done well in other tourney or had good map ranks before hand. In the manor he set it up it is possible that he has reserved more then 10 of the slots, especially since 5 are his pick and who is to decided if finishing in the top 16 in a 64 in one tournament is better then finishing 2nd in a 16 person one, or if 2 people finished in 16th in a 64 person one who gets in, problem is he gets to chose, and so he might gain 3 slots for people of his choice (reserved slots) that way and 2-3 in each of the other 2 catagories as he can pick the lower ranked people he wants to get the earlier mentioned reserved slots knowing the others will get essencially reserved slots based on their map rank or overall rank

edit:it also becomes a private tournament when the TO can chose who he wants in the tournament, where as for the certain point only and above tournaments if someone above that rank wants to join the TO cant say no to them

Long story short... These spaces are reserved for the best, not necessarily a restriction. In order to be a tournament here, it must have at least 50% of the spots open to the public/anyone. In this case, 100% of the spots are reserved, and that's against the rules.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Paragon42 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:15 pm

defintiely interested in being a player
Lieutenant Paragon42

Postby RKCVED on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Please include me also. Thanks
Captain RKCVED

Postby Poisonous86 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:36 pm

am i too late?
im in if im not. :P
Major Poisonous86

Postby gudor on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:40 pm

not sure if i was supposed to get the original message (as i am not on the list of invites)...however, if there is a spot, i would LOVE to play.

I like the different settings too.

gudor.
Lieutenant gudor

Postby kcstuds on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:27 pm

!!! id love to
Sergeant 1st Class kcstuds

Postby thedoggdakdes on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 pm

i would like to be considered
Cook thedoggdakdes

Postby mwcc on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:04 am

sign me up
Lieutenant mwcc

Postby dustin800 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:50 am

please consider me
Major dustin800

Postby Bighab on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:03 am

sign me up :D
Lieutenant Bighab

Postby MEP on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:44 am

pls sign me. Thx.
MEP
Major MEP

Postby phantomzero on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:46 am

Sounds like fun! Please sign me up!
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby DARCOGOAL on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:02 am

sign me up too
MACEDONIA WAS, IS, AND WILL BE GREEK FOR EVER. AND ALEXANDER THE GREAT WAS BORN GREEK AND DIED GREEK.
This is for my 'friends' from Skopie, and everybody else who knows shit about History.
Colonel DARCOGOAL

Are we within the rules for creating tournaments?

Postby FATHARRY on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:53 am

killmanic wrote:
Army of Achilles wrote:

I can assure you, killmanic, that the only intention behind the entry qualification requirements are to try to get the BEST POSSIBLE players of FW in this tourney.

As I understand the rules - at least half the spots must be open to the public.
Well - all the spots are open to the public, but we cant accomodate everyone in a field of 20 - so some mechanism need to be used to select players. I think the first 3 selection criteria are very fair and objective. The 4th is only there, because neither ranking points nor maprank are really very good indicators of specific feudal skill - hence the 5 reserved spots fro players who the committe feel are truly excellent players of the map, but don't meet the other criteria.

There has been no prejudgement of this category. No players have been promised places. When we have all the applicants , we mill make a rational decision based on our impression of skill.

We are certainly open to discussion about this, however.
If you still feel we are not satisfying the tournament rules - perhaps you can suggest a suitable modification?

EDIT: We have been chatting amongst the comittee. One new idea is that 19 places be decided as per the above, the last place be decided by a knock-out play off between the first 32 players to sign up, who are not among the 19.

Harry
Last edited by FATHARRY on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major FATHARRY

Postby goozook on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:09 am

love to play
but surely others r more qualifying.
Sergeant 1st Class goozook

Postby Quase on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:11 am

if i could play i will play

keep me in touch
Major Quase

Postby FATHARRY on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:21 am

All noted - thanks guys

Check that your name is on the list (page 1) - if not - let me know.
Major FATHARRY

Postby -Maximus- on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:41 am

would like to be considered
If you wrong me I will hunt you down and destroy you.
Major -Maximus-

Postby sd031091 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:56 am

I'd like to join (if the committee so chooses).
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example."
Corporal sd031091

Postby LFAW on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:12 am

I think this is a bit extreme Killmanic, we are considering everyone equally and will put it to vote within the commitee. Every place is open for the public but like a points or rank limitation in a tournament its going to be decided by the 4 factors on the front page.

I think if this tournament under its current layout isn't allowed to run then you should seriously consider changing the rules for allowing points or rank limitation.

Regards,
LFAW
Colonel LFAW

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:39 am

I am in if I can meet one of the criteria
Captain Chuuuuck

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned