Conquer Club

canada map fixed

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

canada map fixed

Postby rebelman on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:38 am

now fixed
Last edited by rebelman on Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:40 am

seems fair...though i dnt have any current tournys with canada...
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:21 pm

Please tell me you are joking, rebelman. The new Canada map isn't that difficult to look at. It is in no way discriminating against players with bad eye-sight.

Besides which, you are currently playing in MY tournament with the Canada map as your map of choice. What do you want me to do about that?

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby rebelman on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:43 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:Please tell me you are joking, rebelman. The new Canada map isn't that difficult to look at. It is in no way discriminating against players with bad eye-sight.

Besides which, you are currently playing in MY tournament with the Canada map as your map of choice. What do you want me to do about that?

Regards, Optimus Prime

optimus i am far from joking and im well aware of the problem I have in both you and yorkie's tournies as of now I will probably have to throw all my home games or pull out of those tournies otherwise I will be mauled by any opponents that come up against me as it is im currently playing 5 CL games on it :cry: .

That said I am not the only one of this opinion check out these threads in general discussion:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32187

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32200

One in bug reports:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32281

One in flame wars

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0[/quote]

And here is the offical thread from the foundry:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:00 pm

Use the map fade feature and you won't have the problem anymore rebelman, really, I'm not lying.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby rebelman on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:08 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:Use the map fade feature and you won't have the problem anymore rebelman, really, I'm not lying.

Optimus I know you are not lying but as I said on another thread only a minority of users visit forums and an even smaller minority use BOB so this map still needs to be fixed so it works for all - if WM changes the background colors this will be solved for all until then my appeal to all tournie organisers remains - please in the interest of those of us that enjoy tournies but have not got perfect eyesight do not include this map in any of your tournies.
Private rebelman

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:13 pm

rebelman wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:Use the map fade feature and you won't have the problem anymore rebelman, really, I'm not lying.

Optimus I know you are not lying but as I said on another thread only a minority of users visit forums and an even smaller minority use BOB so this map still needs to be fixed so it works for all - if WM changes the background colors this will be solved for all until then my appeal to all tournie organisers remains - please in the interest of those of us that enjoy tournies but have not got perfect eyesight do not include this map in any of your tournies.

The Tournament Directors are not going to make a blanket statement that any map is to be excluded from tournament play unless there is a viable gameplay problem or a serious bug. The dislike of the new color scheme by certain players is not a reason to disallow certain maps from being played. It will be left up to the individual Tournament Organizers to decide if they wish to allow the maps to be played in their tournaments. If any tournament organizer wishes to switch something in their own tournament they are more than welcome to, but as Tournament Directors, we will not be requiring them to do so.

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby rebelman on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:57 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:The Tournament Directors are not going to make a blanket statement that any map is to be excluded from tournament play unless there is a viable gameplay problem or a serious bug. The dislike of the new color scheme by certain players is not a reason to disallow certain maps from being played. It will be left up to the individual Tournament Organizers to decide if they wish to allow the maps to be played in their tournaments. If any tournament organizer wishes to switch something in their own tournament they are more than welcome to, but as Tournament Directors, we will not be requiring them to do so.

Regards, Optimus Prime

Optimus this is not a case "dislikeing a new color scheme" this is a case of an inplayable map for people with imperfect eyesight like mine and there are a lot of us around.

The advantage is huge to the opposing player if your opponent cant see large chunks of the map - as bugs go they do not get any bigger than this and as gameplay problems go this is gigantic. .

Neither color blind or fade will solve this problem although both have been suggested. Fade does help somewhat but Optimus I don't think you realise how bad this actually is. I would not start a thread like this lightly as i am aware most if not all maps have bugs but this map to me is unplayable, and I suspect I am not alone because there are many out there with worse eye-sight than mine. While it remains unplayable even to a minority - this should not be used in tournaments. I hope the organisers can see this even if the directors based on the above post are totally underestimating the significance of this problem.
Private rebelman

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:03 pm

I do not believe that the Tournament Directors are underestimating the problem to any degree. It will be up to the organizers to decide if they wish to continue using the Canada v2 map in their tournaments, although I think you will find that most of them do not see a problem with doing so. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that.

I myself do not have perfect eyesight, and I wear glasses all day, every day and can see the map just fine. So can many of my friends and co-workers that I have shown the map to over the course of this morning since discovering this outcry running across all of the forums.

Therefore, I do not think the problem is being underestimated and the organizers may make the decision on their own. It will be a loss to the tournaments you are in to lose you due to this problem as you are a well-liked and highly skilled player, but it is not something that is going to cause the Directors to shut down use of the map entirely within our realm of responsibility.

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Return to Tournament Archives