Conquer Club

Age of Realms

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Age of Realms

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:49 pm

ok im laying claim to the age of realms tournies, there will be 3 maps once they are all complete, and i wanna do a epic saga tourny once all 3 are out.

so hands off that idea its mine please :) :lol:

it basically will be a massice prolly 128 player elim on the 3 maps, incorporating rounds and gear...so yer

this is not signups, that wont happen til the last one is in final forge in like 2 months

Thanks for your time
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:36 pm

LV I wouldn't opt to start another tourney or even lay claim to one til you paid more attention to the tourneys you have running now. Your LOTR vs. Harry Potter and Star Wars tourneys have many players dropped out due to you not updating them on what is going on.

Also this is not the place to just lay claim to a tourney. Ask Optimus. If you wanted to actually take sign ups and tell people what this tourney entails that would be alright. There are a few tourneys that aren't starting for a month or two that have done the same.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:17 am

thekidstrumpet wrote:LV I wouldn't opt to start another tourney or even lay claim to one til you paid more attention to the tourneys you have running now. Your LOTR vs. Harry Potter and Star Wars tourneys have many players dropped out due to you not updating them on what is going on.

Also this is not the place to just lay claim to a tourney. Ask Optimus. If you wanted to actually take sign ups and tell people what this tourney entails that would be alright. There are a few tourneys that aren't starting for a month or two that have done the same.

you should also note that its on hold due to an entrant not being able to play for another 2 weeks!!

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:40 pm

lord voldemort wrote:
thekidstrumpet wrote:LV I wouldn't opt to start another tourney or even lay claim to one til you paid more attention to the tourneys you have running now. Your LOTR vs. Harry Potter and Star Wars tourneys have many players dropped out due to you not updating them on what is going on.

you should also note that its on hold due to an entrant not being able to play for another 2 weeks!!

I mentioned 2 tourneys, which are you speaking of? And as a tourney leader do you really wanna risk losing people who signed up due to one person who can't play for 2 weeks? well technically it was more like a month.
Redemption Pt. 1

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:21 pm

thekidstrumpet wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:

I mentioned 2 tourneys, which are you speaking of? And as a tourney leader do you really wanna risk losing people who signed up due to one person who can't play for 2 weeks? well technically it was more like a month.

star wars was post poned til round 2 oh hap v lotr starts, a) cause im in middle of uni exams..b)make it easy on me
hap v lotr has been delayed because the last game went 78 rounds or watevs and freezie, winner of a game, took time off for personal reasons which he discussed with me...so personally i say back off!!

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:27 pm

Calm down guys. :)

lord voldemort, you really can't lay claim to tournament ideas in advance. If you want to do that you need to announce the tournament with the stipulation that it will not be starting until a certain date. Besides, there are already multiple Age of Realms tournaments in motion already.

As for updating tournaments, you should not expect your players to wait weeks on end due to one player taking time off for personal reasons. I know it sounds harsh, but if they are going to take time off from the site, they are also forfeiting whatever standing they had in tournaments as well. It isn't fair for all of your other players to have to sit around and wait for one person. It would be different if the game was still active, but once it finished they new ones should have been made.

If your exams are taking up too much of your time perhaps you should think about notifiying all of your players that you will be taking a short vacation and then be back. That usually helps in player retention, but just not showing up does not.

If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:31 pm

Thank you Optimus, that's what I wanted to say you just put it in better "tourney director" terms. I just think the players should be notified of whatever is happening. If there are delays let them know, if you are having a hard time running tourneys, let them know, see if somebody wants to take over if only for a little while running the tourney, etc. But to just not say anything is not the right thing to do. Thanks Opty for clearing things up.
Redemption Pt. 1

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:06 pm

Moving this on over to General Info, Q&A, Discussion because truly it is discussing something and not an actual tournament announcement.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Return to Tournament Archives