Conquer Club

XML Modifications and Variations

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Re:

Postby edbeard on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:20 pm

MrBenn wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Suggestion Idea: Conditional Autodeploy

Description: If you hold a group of territories, then get a bonus autodeployed onto a particular territory.

Why it should be considered:
1. This is a logical expansion/variant of the current autodeploy.
2. Would add some realism - you'd need to hold a 'source' territory to get your reinforcements...
3. You would be able to have things like a 'Training Camp' which would autodeploy when you hold a 'Recruiting Officer' and a 'Village', for example.
4. You could have a 'Parachutist Regiment' that would autodeploy if you hold the 'Transport Aircraft'
5. Or gameplay could be formulated with the bonusses being deployed only onto central capital cities - or only to remote frontiers...
6. I'm convinced that this has been suggested before

I suggested this a while ago (search this thread for 'edbeard'). In January, Lack said it was a 'maybe'. Hopefully this time it'll be a yes because it's seemingly simple and I know of at least one map that wants it. And, a few people have said this is something they want to use.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:35 am

edbeard wrote:
MrBenn wrote:

Description: If you hold a group of territories, then get a bonus autodeployed onto a particular territory.

2. Would add some realism - you'd need to hold a 'source' territory to get your reinforcements...
3. You would be able to have things like a 'Training Camp' which would autodeploy when you hold a 'Recruiting Officer' and a 'Village', for example.
4. You could have a 'Parachutist Regiment' that would autodeploy if you hold the 'Transport Aircraft'
5. Or gameplay could be formulated with the bonusses being deployed only onto central capital cities - or only to remote frontiers...

I suggested this a while ago (search this thread for 'edbeard'). In January, Lack said it was a 'maybe'. Hopefully this time it'll be a yes because it's seemingly simple and I know of at least one map that wants it. And, a few people have said this is something they want to use.

This would be very useful.

XML tags could look like.

Code: Select all
<continent>
  <name>dave</name>
  <bonus>4</bonus>
  <components>
    <territory>John</territory>
    <territory>James</territory>
    <territory deploy="true">Jack</territory>
    <territory>Norman</territory>
  </components>
</continent>

So all 4 automatically go onto Jack...

Of course this could eventually lead to the logical variant of...

<continent>
  <name>dave</name>
  <bonus>4</bonus>
  <components>
    <territory deploy="true">John</territory>
  </components>
</continent>

Where you get to choose where those 4 armies go - (including 2 on both) - but never to be deployed on James & Norman. (Note that this would involve a special extra step at the beginning of the deploy phase.)

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re: XML Modifications and Variations

Postby lanyards on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:45 pm

lanyards wrote:Suggestion Idea:
Mid-Turn Reinforcements

Description:
If a player were to take a certain territory or a certain group of territories, then they would get a bonus and be able to deploy however many extra armies it was worth right after they take the territory or territories and then continue attacking and finish their turn.

The XML might look something like this:

<continent>
      <name>Africa</name>
      <bonus>3</bonus>
      <components>
         <component>North Africa</component>
         <component>Egypt</component>
         <component>East Africa</component>
         <component>Congo</component>
         <component>South Africa</component>
         <component>Madagascar</component>
      </components>
   </continent>

<reinforcement continent>
      <name>South America</name>
      <bonus>2</bonus>
      <components>
         <component>Venezuela</component>
         <component>Peru</component>
         <component>Argentina</component>
         <component>Brazil</component>
      </components>
   </reinforcement continent>

<reinforcement continent>
      <name>Oceania</name>
      <bonus>2</bonus>
      <components>
         <component>Indonesia</component>
         <component>New Guinea</component>
         <component>Western Australia</component>
         <component>Eastern Australia</component>
      </components>
   </reinforcement continent>

And the game log could look like this:

lanyards receives 3 armies for 6 territories
lanyards deployed 3 armies on Peru
lanyards attacked Argentina from Peru and conquered it from pepperonibread
lanyards attacked Brazil from Peru and conquered it from oaktown
lanyards receives 2 armies for controlling South America
lanyards deployed 2 armies on Brazil
lanyards attacked North Africa from Brazil and conquered it from pepperonibread
lanyards fortified North Africa with 4 armies from Venezuela
lanyards gets a card

Lack Label (Mod Use):
WANT AN ADVANTAGE WHILE WORKING TOWARDS MEDALS?
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=226714
Major lanyards

Postby bryguy on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:01 pm

Molacole wrote:Suggestion Idea: Max troop limit

Description: Allow the map maker to select designated territories which can only be occupied by a certain amount of troops.

Why It Should Be Considered: It will allow for ideas like my paratroopers idea to exist without being abused. It could be used on maps to prevent a player from sweeping the board in a single round during esc. games. It can also give the option to prevent people from massing up troops and suiciding on somebody.

Lack Label (Mod Use): [Yes]

this was given a yes. has it been coded yet? can we use it yet?
Corporal bryguy

Postby MrBenn on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:02 pm

yeti_c wrote:
edbeard wrote:
MrBenn wrote:

This would be very useful.

XML tags could look like.

<continent>
  <name>dave</name>
  <bonus>4</bonus>
  <components>
    <territory>John</territory>
  </components>
</continent>

So all 4 automatically go onto Jack...

Of course this could eventually lead to the logical variant of...

<continent>
  <name>dave</name>
  <bonus>4</bonus>
  <components>
    <territory deploy="true">John</territory>
  </components>
</continent>

Where you get to choose where those 4 armies go - (including 2 on both) - but never to be deployed on James & Norman. (Note that this would involve a special extra step at the beginning of the deploy phase.)

C.

I'm not convinced by the optional deployment stage....
How about something like this:

<continent>
  <name>Dave</name>
  <bonus>4</bonus>
  <components>
    <territory bonus="1">John</territory>
    <territory bonus ="-1">Jack</territory>
  </components>
</continent>

That way you can still get the continent bonus to put anywhere, the autodeploy could be set to be anything in addition to that, and you could factor in some auto-decay too... If you wanted to put all the bonus on a single terr, you would or just need to put <bonus>0</bonus> beneath the name. At least I think that's how it would work??
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Androidz on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:36 am

Im working on a new Epic Conquest Gamplay, but after talking to some freinds the current XML isint possible now i dont know exactly what is the problems and such since i dont know nothing about XML so i explain my idea and you find something out (feel free to move this if its placed wrong:)

Map: Atlantis.

GameplayName: CodeBreaker Conquest.

The XML Should be able to do this:

a Conquest Map with Security gates. (a diffrent code to each gate) Conquer the Digits on the Keypad to unlock the attack route. Eksample: If the gatenumber is 17. you must have conquered 1 and 7 to proceed. If the enemy conquer your digits you losse the route again. The keypad is basicly Terriories with number: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9.

Keypads gives various of bonuses:

Bonus for holding 5 Digits.

Bonus For Holding all 9 Digits.

For holding 4 digit code you unlock the road to the inner Area which is a place for a Castle and other goodies.

Pod Launchers:

Pod launchers is the greatest tegnology in the city of atlantis. It can bombard some places, attack some places even fortificate to connected podlaunchers. Some of this requiers the right code. + more.
Pod Launhcers: All "continents" has 1. They can attack any of the 9 digits. When you got the KeyCode for The Central Area you can use your PodLauncher to hit: Pod Facilty in the Central Area. (The Innercircle has 3)

The Pod Launcher In Central Area can hit all all other Pod Launchers.

When Conqeured enemy Pod Launcher your pod launchers will be linked togheter creating a pathway so you can fortificate yourself in other continents without needing to Open The Gate Way.

And heres the few XML problems:

This map is about Experience, not luck playing the game a few times and you may discover a hidden code. Now imagne this in Teams games all players have found their own super codes which they can use to elimante the enemies faster. The ones with the rarest and most codes is a certain winner. Can you discover all the hidden codes out there?

First XML problem.

Hidden Combo Codes:

In this map there is alot of Hidden combo codes which you gain by playing the map sometimes trying out new digits the diffrence with this and the ordenary codes that this need to be in a special order. Theres atleast 20 hidden codes and each of them requiers diffrent numbers of digits in combo:

You will feel like an hacker or a man searching cheatplanet.com for cheats. Just you find them yourself for a change.
Forget experinece and tips, use cheats! we all have a cheater inside us. The cool thing here is that even a noob can win if he has dumped over a hidden code.

Eksample:

4 Digit Code* (Number of Stars tell your enemy the rarity of the codes since all which will appear in the chat is: Player Green cashed in a secret code for conquering ????. All digits will show as questions marks in chat when conquered)

The diffrent Raritys out in the map:

* = Easy (Combo 4)
** = Normal (Combo 5-6)
*** = Hard (Combo 7)
**** = Verry hard (This code has a special way to be gained, this code is VERRY HARD to obtain.) But if you ever obtain it its WORTH IT.

Diffrent bonuses i have tought off:

- Bombard Areas Marked with 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 /5 /6 / 7.... (Works a long time but as soon you losse the requiered digits is gone)

- Bombard Ressource Camps.

- Bombard Castle.

- Cant be attacked from Gates. (Works all the time. even if you losse the digits) (If your useing this code, The code below wont work)

- Cant be attacked from Central Podlaunchers (Works all the time. Even if you losse the digits) (if your useing this code, the code above wont work.

- Attack Ressource Camps. (wont work in 2player games just 3p and more.) Losse digits losse this.

- Attack Castle. (wont work in 2player games just 3p and more.) Losse digits losse this.

- Elimnate a player (Can just be used ONCE! (wont work in 2player games just 3p and more.) This is the VERRY HARD CODE. Instant choose colour to elminate.

- Extra troops. Instant +1/ +2 /+3 /+4

- Gates always open. Works all the time.

- all castles ingame get deployd: +1/ +2 / +3 / +5.

- Your caste deployd +1 /+2 / +3 / +4
- Reset all colours on the key pad to neatrual. all extra troops on the key pad will be transported back to their players Pod Launcers) Requiers you Conquer the reset button.

(Maybe List):

- no need to for codes to enter gates and such unlimted access. works even when losseing the digits)

- Netrualize all codes.

- All codes wont work for enemies, (only the one below)

- Let players use codes (if the if the code feature has been removed post above)

Some Negtive Codes:

- All netruals get deployd +1 +2. +3. +4. (instanT)

- Neatruals become Zombies (its on the to do list)

- all players ass freely acces to your gates.

- All enemies castles depoud +2. (instant)

(On chat it will say as this: Player Green Cashed in a negtive combo code*** or something)

XML Error 2 & 3:

Reset/Revert Botton Terretorie:

Below the keypad theres a reset button. (i call it Conquer Reset) if you conquer this all Your armies will be neatrual so you can instantly try conquering a new code. When conquer this button your extra troops on the digits will be transported back to pod launcher.

XML Error: 4.

New Killerterriories:

If you have conquered the code to the Gate your attacking and have placed 15 menn on the gate. And some1 on the next turn conquer one of the numbers you needed for the gate to be your attackroute. It will Revert to 15 neatruals. (It will take all the army on the terriorie and revert it to the same amount just its neatrual.

Thats all:

This was all i will edit the post to update it if i have forgot anything. Tell me what you think about the map idea, and tell us and the admins if you want this XML to be fixed as soon as possible.! Now if any1 want to be a part of this map, to XML it be my guest:D i will gladfully answear any questions for any missunderstandings in my text.

How will this improve CC?:

Well its a brand new gameplay and will make this even more unlike risk. Also this will show how the tegnolgy in CC improves all the time and this would be a good thing to celebrate with on the upcomeing 100map gained. This is gameplay will requiers alot of skils. Just think about 8player where every1 has their own secret game. Or Teams where they all use their discovered core if they have found diffrent ones:D
Last edited by Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:12 am, edited 7 times in total.
Private Androidz

Postby White Moose on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:08 am

Androidz idea sounds great.

I would play a map if it would work out! :D
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby Androidz on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:49 pm

updated the thing i forgot...
Private Androidz

Postby fireedud on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:30 pm

Androidz wrote:updated the thing i forgot...

soem of those things will be impossible, even with XML updates, for example, the hidden codes, will be impossible, because the XML ( where it will be coded into) is available for anyone to see.
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Postby max is gr8 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:01 am

Unless the code is completely random each time.
ā€¹max is gr8ā€ŗ so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
ā€¹New_rulesā€ŗ Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:52 am

Well it can be random each time if, there is a combo on it..exs: 3digits = easy. .... and the other. is that possible?

Also when you logg into exsample: CC you need to input a password. When you input it only shows stars ******* now cant this be made on the XML to? When you input the XMl codes it show only in Star?? then it dont have to be random each time.

Verry bad draft to show main system:

Click image to enlarge.

No the cities wont be squared. Added number to the gate to show the manin system:

Eksample: Gate 38. Then you need to conquer 3 and 8 for attack it.

Also all cities got 1 pod launchers. All podlauncher can just attack the 9 Digit area in the start. The middle area got 3 and can attack any Podlauncher around the map + Digits.. (to attack the middle area you need a 4 Digit code: Eks: 4372. Order dont count. Podlaunchers can later in the game attack Pod Facilties and such. Thinking of adding the 0 Digit. Well i need the xml to work=)

Updated some codes into even some negtives ones. Theres alot more codes which can be added.
Last edited by Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Private Androidz

Postby acegreat on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:36 am

well androidz this map looks like it could work and i would definatley play it
Private acegreat

Location: in a place.....with walls........and a window........and a door....and a FRIDGE

Postby max is gr8 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:58 am

Androidz if you start it, and there's enough interest it could definitely be changed
ā€¹max is gr8ā€ŗ so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
ā€¹New_rulesā€ŗ Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:02 am

When you mean start you mean actully make the map and such? Cause that would be an honor:P
Private Androidz

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:22 pm

Allright, heres what I see that makes this Idea friggin' awesome.

All the best players on CC have a system. They have a certain way to play that yields the best results. Argue that if you wish, but I don't think anyone will.
But, This map is so crazy all of that stagnent strategy goes right out the window. It is definitly not a begginers map; you're definitly going to re-learn the game playing this map. You are going to be lost for your first couple of turns. Though, I doubt that will hurt it! Really I think this is taking the newer-style maps to the another level.

Any ideas on a theme yet? I know it's pretty early, but this thing sounds pretty crazy. I can't fathom for the life of me, what theme you would go with.

Now the problems I see..

Maybe I don't fully understand the (main)"launchers," but isn't that something that would fall into the most powerful players hands and stay that way? It doesn't seem to be something you want anyone else to have. Though, I don't quit get what it is connected to, the other launchers only? I don't think I am getting this...

Androidz wrote:This map is about Experience, not luck playing the game a few times and you may discover a hidden code. Now imagne this in Teams games all players have found their own super codes which they can use to elimante the enemies faster. The ones with the rarest and most codes is a certain winner. Can you discover all the hidden codes out there?

Could you make them random?
But if it can't be done,... Won't finding the hardest codes be increadibly difficult? Like a one in a million shot? That may make them valuable $$$ to trade for points or something, between players....
Plus if another team or clan does get super-great from knowing the codes, that may kill this map. No one want's to lose... And yet I wouldn't want the codes to be made public by anyone.
But! At the same time, would random codes hurt the maps re-playability?
It would probably be a love-it or leave-it style map!

And won't there be just insane fighting over the code-pad? If someone is weak they may never get to try a code.

Negative codes is a tasty idea... But probably needs to be tested in gameplay...

This map is all over the place. Crazy, cool, confusing, DIFFERANT.
But! We really do need more people to toss their two cents in here. I'm no map wiz, I just like what I see. It's a head-turner.

I definitly think that it is a great idea to start, though it's non-traditional aspects will probably shy away support from the Cartographers. But there is no way that once the draft is started that members are going to just ignore it. This thing is crazy to look at, and I for one need to see a second draft.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Lets see if you understand more when the map is out=) (and about fighting over the keypad. (Maybe the revert button can help there;)?) and the best codes isint that great to give you certain win: Eksample Elimnate a player can only be used in a 3P games also you will still have to fight the last opnent. And it should be banned from Teamplayer games i agrea there. but the rest of the codes should work pretty much.
Private Androidz

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:54 pm

Androidz wrote:Lets see if you understand more when the map is out=)

Absolutly!!!!

Most people are visual learners, so that's probably the best way to make everyone "get it." I think that I do; Really all you need to "get" is the code pad to get excited, but I am really missing something there with those "launchers!"

Androidz wrote:(Maybe the revert button can help there;)?)

Ahhh! This is something I'm just gonna need to see! It works on paper!...
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:47 pm

yup
Private Androidz

Postby TaCktiX on Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Suggestion Idea: Conditional Bombardment

Description: If you hold a group of territories, then get a certain territory (or territories) gain the ability to bombard other territories. Think Arms Race without all the one-ways.

1. It would expand the ability of mapmaker's to put in new and different things.
2. There are lots of other Conditional ideas floating around, might as well do the gamut in one fell swoop and be able to recycle code.

Lack Label (Mod Use):

Suggestion Idea: Conditional Neutrality

Description: If certain territories are owned, then certain other territories become neutral. This also can be extended to killer neutral.

1. Mapmakers could replicate the effects of a bomb or artillery shell without worrying about bombardment getting crap dice.
2. Fantasy-themed maps would be able to add in "walls" that players can "fortify" by owning a castle or something simliar.

Lack Label (Mod Use):

Suggestion Idea: Constant Killer Neutrals

Description: I've suggested it before under a different name, but in essence killer neutrals that reset each and every single turn, not just the turn of the owning player.

1. I'm eventually going to pick Trench Warfare back up, and the ability to have machine guns mow down players will be a key part of the brutal gameplay I'd like.
2. It would be another option for mapmakers, suppose a territory so volatile (a la USApocalypse) that people can only attack through it, and die instantly if they stay.

Lack Label (Mod Use):

Suggestion Idea: Scripted Conquering Text

Description: Essentially, a mapmaker could add a tag that whenever a territory is conquered (or conquered by a specific territory), instead of something generic like "PlayerX conquered The Castle from PlayerY" it would be more flavorful, like "PlayerX stormed the gates of The Castle and took it from PlayerY". Or consider Arms Race: "PlayerX called in a nuclear strike on Washington, vaporizing PlayerY's men". Along with this would need to be a re-interpreting of the game log code as to assure backward compatibility, so I'm not expecting this to happen any time soon.

1. It would add flavor to the game log instead of a near-scientific approach to winning.
2. Maps like AoR and Arms Race would benefit from another level of detail to bring people into the map's theme.

Lack Label (Mod Use):
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby bryguy on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:38 am

For the last one....

I dont think that if that gets done, it should get done for fog. It would make it WAY to easy for people to know what is happening and where everybody is if like for in AoR: Might, say i (bryguy) to your (taCktiX) aoria castle, then it would probably say something like:

Bryguy stormed the gates of Aoria and took it from taCktiX

which would tell everyone in the game where you/me were at.
Corporal bryguy

Postby t-o-m on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:07 am

bryguy wrote:For the last one....

I dont think that if that gets done, it should get done for fog. It would make it WAY to easy for people to know what is happening and where everybody is if like for in AoR: Might, say i (bryguy) to your (taCktiX) aoria castle, then it would probably say something like:

Bryguy stormed the gates of Aoria and took it from taCktiX

which would tell everyone in the game where you/me were at.

i dont think DiM or yeti would be editing the XML file for that, to include that, anyway.
Major t-o-m

Re:

Postby blakebowling on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:23 am

Molacole wrote:Suggestion Idea: Paratroopers

Description: territories that allow you to attack anywhere on the battle field. You could also have territories with air defense symbol or something like that so you can control the location of paradrops.

Why It Should Be Considered: Would make things extremely interesting and combined with my max troop limit option it could prove to be a good option to have around without being able to be abused or used as a location to mass troops while having no direction. -(see my max troop limit idea to prevent this from being abused)

Lack Label (Mod Use): [No]

you can do this now, the mapmaker would just need to add every territory to the <border> list
Private blakebowling

Postby Androidz on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:24 am

Suggestion Idea: SingleFoggy Terretories.

Description:

Makeing some areas foggy and some not. So if you have one terretorie which is special which you want people only to see when you border it then you you foggy it. (When its not foggy already ofc)

Why It Should Be Considered:

More gameplay to the maps, dunno if already suggested or works allready tough.
Private Androidz

Postby Androidz on Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:17 pm

another map with XML problem:

Well i was thinking of make a map of prussia with a new gameplay.

So ill need xml To Disable bonuses the first round.
And when a you conquer a terretorie you cant conquer any new terretorie before next turn.
Private Androidz

Postby Androidz on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:46 am

Could that be any good. With Teams dropped by echoter or something.

A map just for teams not standard:O

So Basicly a new moderation of Team beeing dropped.
Private Androidz

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Discussions