Conquer Club

Crazy Maps And Dice?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Crazy Maps And Dice?

Postby Snorri1234 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:19 pm

DaGip wrote:I think this thread is finally starting to settle down a bit.

WE CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN!

QUICK! TO THE "RAMPANT OVERREACTION"-MOBILE!
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Ditocoaf on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:19 pm

Twill wrote:Sorry to be flippant guys, it's been a long few days :)

So, from what I understand (and I don't know much) we had to make the changes that we did because of potential copyright issues. I don't know what else you guys want me to say. That's all there is to it.

As to how ugly it is, sure, it can be revamped, and hopefully will be, it's not my favourite map right now :) However, it's got to steer well clear of any possible copyright concerns.

There's not much else I can say, I'm afraid...apologies for trying to make light of the grave changes to the maps.

Twill

THIS SHOULD BE STICKIED

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Re: The "I support CC" thread

Postby pimpdave on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:19 pm

hecter wrote:Seeing as how Hasbro owns the rights to RISK, I can't think of any other way they could get in trouble for copyright issues... But you do bring up a valid point. It'd be nice if a mod could clarify what exactly happened.

I had been speculating, and the odd thing is, those posts with my speculation were either deleted or moved somewhere secret. So I might be close to the real truth. However, anything I could offer would be pure speculation.

Anyone here with access to WestLaw could probably answer the question post haste, but I don't think the mods want to divulge the information right now, and that's their prerogative.

Remember, the most important aspect in war, according to Sun Tzu, is deception. Do not let your enemy be able to predict your next move. So, since I value CC, I won't speculate any further. Let's all just be patient, and as with all things in History, the story will come out (albeit sometimes 30 years after the fact).
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Re: classic map?

Postby freeroll84 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:20 pm

pjromano wrote:
wreckead wrote:
as it stands i will not be playing this once my current games are finished. and i feel that i should get a refund on whats left because this isnt what i signed up for.

I opened a ticket asking for a refund about 10 minutes after the switch was made. I'm aware of their "absolutely no refund" policy but I would argue this is a special circumstance where they're no longer providing what was purchased.

oh please... you got way more than 25 bucks out of this... be happy, if your gonna leave bye bye.. they said no refunds.. i don't think they should be givin out.. hell im probably leaving myself but im satisfied with what i got
Sergeant 1st Class freeroll84

Postby DaGip on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:20 pm

pjromano wrote:
wreckead wrote:
as it stands i will not be playing this once my current games are finished. and i feel that i should get a refund on whats left because this isnt what i signed up for.

I opened a ticket asking for a refund about 10 minutes after the switch was made. I'm aware of their "absolutely no refund" policy but I would argue this is a special circumstance where they're no longer providing what was purchased.

Refund? You don't need no stinking refund...
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby InsomniaRed on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Ditocoaf wrote:I think twill's only mistake was not explaining things well enough. If people understood the situation, they wouldn't be complaining as much as they are. They seem to think the map they're looking at now is the permanent solution, and that this was something that was planned a long time in advance. These two misconceptions should be cleared as quickly as possible.

I agree they would've been much less trouble if it didn't appear as if this new Classic is to stay forever. They needed a quick fix, and that is what they came up with.

But the community does deserve a bit of explanation so every other person can keep from exploding into the forums. Don't we have enough PEOPLE WHO TALK IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THEY ARE SO PISSED OFF AND DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION?! Not to mention the people who have Poor eyesight and need to type in this size font.

Either way, the forum and the entire site will be chaotic for awhile. We just gotta get through it.
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby mccallan25 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:22 pm

pjromano wrote:
wreckead wrote:

That argument would not stand up in court and of course would never make it past small claims in whatever state you live in. Not to even mention there's bascially no recourse for you internationally.

...of course since you used a credit card...
Corporal 1st Class mccallan25

Postby InsomniaRed on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:23 pm

Twill wrote:Sorry to be flippant guys, it's been a long few days :)

So, from what I understand (and I don't know much) we had to make the changes that we did because of potential copyright issues. I don't know what else you guys want me to say. That's all there is to it.

As to how ugly it is, sure, it can be revamped, and hopefully will be, it's not my favourite map right now :) However, it's got to steer well clear of any possible copyright concerns.

There's not much else I can say, I'm afraid...apologies for trying to make light of the grave changes to the maps.

Twill

Nuff' said then?
Major InsomniaRed

Postby Frop on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Look at the bright side, at least the farmers have 2 confusing new maps to harvest.
Captain Frop

Postby InsomniaRed on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Frop wrote:Look at the bright side, at least the farmers have 2 confusing new maps to harvest.

:lol: Always look on the bright side of life, eh?
Major InsomniaRed

Postby pjromano on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:26 pm

mccallan25 wrote:
pjromano wrote:
wreckead wrote:

That argument would not stand up in court and of course would never make it past small claims in whatever state you live in. Not to even mention there's bascially no recourse for you internationally.

Haha I'm not taking anyone to court, but all I'm asking for is the $25 back I paid to renew in August, it's not like i'm asking for my $25 from the previous year before that. What I honestly think is that YES they had to make the changes and I don't blame them for making them to save their asses, but what does that mean for the long run for all of us? Sure, they'll revamp the maps to make them "safe" from any legal issues, but I'm afraid no matter what we're going to be stuck with something that is different than what we've had (and what we premium members have paid for). Maybe it might even be better, but I think CC should refund our money if we ask, and if the site proves to be better, we'd obviously be willing to purchase our membership again. Quite frankly, I don't like "spoils" when I paid for "cards."
Private 1st Class pjromano

Postby Ditocoaf on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:27 pm

pjromano... they're going to fix the map, this one is just temporary. If the real new map turns out to be something you like, wouldn't you still want premium?
Last edited by Ditocoaf on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Postby DaGip on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

The administration knew about this issue well in advance and should have been keeping the community abreast of the issue. To play your maps one day and then come home, turn on the computer, and have your whole CC world turned upside down on you was quite a shock.

I really felt like quitting CC when I saw what had happened, but now I am willing to try to make CC a better place, and I am confident that we have the members to do it!

I actually think this incident will pull the community closer together than what it was before...

But just advice to the administration...don't keep this stuff secret from everybody. Allow us some warning of what is happening so that we can prepare ahead of time.

Oh well, I guess we can start over fresh and make the BEST Classic map on the net! (I still don't know what we are going to do with the Center Scape thing a majig?)
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby pjromano on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Ditocoaf wrote:pjromano... they're going to fix the map, this one is just temporary. If the real new map turns out to be something you like, would you still want premium?

Certainly, and I'd be happy to pay my $25 again at that time, that's all I'm saying.

Postby PepperJack on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

pjromano wrote:
mccallan25 wrote:
pjromano wrote:
wreckead wrote:

Haha I'm not taking anyone to court, but all I'm asking for is the $25 back I paid to renew in August, it's not like i'm asking for my $25 from the previous year before that. What I honestly think is that YES they had to make the changes and I don't blame them for making them to save their asses, but what does that mean for the long run for all of us? Sure, they'll revamp the maps to make them "safe" from any legal issues, but I'm afraid no matter what we're going to be stuck with something that is different than what we've had (and what we premium members have paid for). Maybe it might even be better, but I think CC should refund our money if we ask, and if the site proves to be better, we'd obviously be willing to purchase our membership again. Quite frankly, I don't like "spoils" when I paid for "cards."

You paid for unlimited games, speed games, and private games. Everyone gets the spoils, not just the victor.
Game 3960030

Going on deployment, be back someday.

Sorry for deadbeating out of games.
Corporal 1st Class PepperJack

What happened to the classic map?

Postby Croatian9Duece on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:31 pm

Maybe I just missed something or I'm not "in the know", but what happened to the classic map? I'm not going to lie, whatever happened to it I don't like, seeing as it is the only map I ever play on because I just like classic RISK. Thanks.
Corporal Croatian9Duece

Postby InsomniaRed on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:31 pm

Pepperjack wrote:You paid for unlimited games, speed games, and private games. Everyone gets the spoils, not just the victor.

I have to laugh whenever I see the word.
Major InsomniaRed

Re: What happened to the classic map?

Postby Ditocoaf on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:32 pm

Croatian9Duece wrote:Maybe I just missed something or I'm not "in the know", but what happened to the classic map? I'm not going to lie, whatever happened to it I don't like, seeing as it is the only map I ever play on because I just like classic RISK. Thanks.

Twill wrote:So, from what I understand (and I don't know much) we had to make the changes that we did because of potential copyright issues. I don't know what else you guys want me to say. That's all there is to it.

As to how ugly it is, sure, it can be revamped, and hopefully will be, it's not my favourite map right now. However, it's got to steer well clear of any possible copyright concerns.

There's not much else I can say, I'm afraid...apologies

Twill
Last edited by Ditocoaf on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DaGip on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:32 pm

Croatian9Duece wrote:Maybe I just missed something or I'm not "in the know", but what happened to the classic map? I'm not going to lie, whatever happened to it I don't like, seeing as it is the only map I ever play on because I just like classic RISK. Thanks.

Multi?
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby SkyCaptain on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:34 pm

I would just like to point out for all the idiots out there. The new classic has exactly the same gameplay as the old one. Sure, it looks ugly, but it was a last-ditch thing. Leaving CC because you think a single map is ugly has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. There's over 50 other maps, go play them for the next month if it bothers you so much. The cool thing about this site is its variety, not how well it mimics playing exactly the same board game you could play with your friends at home.
Captain SkyCaptain

Postby Croatian9Duece on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:34 pm

Alright thanks. I actually just saw the notice, wouldn't have posted this if I had seen that, sorry.
Corporal Croatian9Duece

Postby pjromano on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:34 pm

InsomniaRed wrote:
Pepperjack wrote:You paid for unlimited games, speed games, and private games. Everyone gets the spoils, not just the victor.

ok so maybe it's not as bad as it seems, but I have a right to be upset, especially when there wasn't any communication.

Postby Ditocoaf on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:36 pm

pjromano wrote:
InsomniaRed wrote:

ok so maybe it's not as bad as it seems, but I have a right to be upset, especially when there wasn't any communication.

I think they would have warned us in advance, if they could have.

Postby GrimReaper. on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:37 pm

II. Assaulting Your Enemies
You may now assault any opponent's region from one of yours, as long as both regions are adjacent and your assaulting region has a minimum of two troops. This part is optional in that you may choose not to assault anyone.

Each time combat is initiated, the game engine will generate a random intensity level for each troop involved. The outcome is determined by the intensity of the assaulting troops versus the intensity of the repelling troops. There are 6 possible intensity levels that may be assigned, listed here from weakest to strongest:

Pathetic
Sad
Decent
Strong
Awesome
Heroic
The more troops involved on either side, the better the chances that side has of winning. But not all troops in the regions are necessarily involved. To be more specific, the game engine will assigned a random intensity level for each assaulting troop, less 1 troop that stays behind, up to a maximum of 3 troops. Likewise, the game engine will assign a random intensity level for each repelling troop, up to a maximum of 2 troops.

The outcome of combat is determined by comparing the strongest intensity levels of either side. If the assault was stronger, then the repelling region loses a troop. If the repel was stronger or equal, than the assaulting region loses a troop. This process is repeated once more if other troops remain involved on both sides.

tell me that means that the dice are still random...

ohh and attacks are now called assualts
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

Postby InsomniaRed on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:38 pm

SkyCaptain wrote:There's over 50 other maps, go play them for the next month if it bothers you so much.

There are over a hundred! Go CC 8-)
Major InsomniaRed

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion