Conquer Club

Incorporate Watch This Game Add On into Site

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Incorporate Watch This Game Add On into Site

Postby ZawBanjito on Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:49 am

kuma32478 wrote:Concise description:
Add a Watch this game feature where a user may bookmark games he/she is interested in following the result.

Specifics/Details:
It would function as a tab on the central command home screen and games that would be bookmarked by a user would then be added to the tab. Games could also be removed when a user no longer wanted to monitor them. It would function the way the script originally created by Dako functioned. (Link - http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=97965)

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
It's no secret that the user created tournaments are dying, which saddens me. It was what drew me to the site and caused me to buy premium. As you can see on the tournament organizer leader board, I've created my share, but I've stopped. CC does not make it easy to monitor games easily anymore. In addition, as a clan leader, it was nice to be able to subscribe to our war games to know if there was one in danger of a missed turn. It also allowed us to keep scoreboards in the war threads and tournaments updated quickly, which makes for a better experience.

I like to watch games that include people I know, and also some that include my current opponents, in a futile attempt to discern patterns in their play. I suspect when we do get championships, or similar, I'll want to watch those too. It's frustrating to scroll through the ever-lengthening list everytime, having to remember all those numbers... so maybe an option to add games to watch list in the "My Games" section?
Colonel ZawBanjito

watched games?

Postby qeee1 on Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:04 pm

I think it'd be interesting to be able to add a list of games as "Watched games", games that would appear on the mygames page but that don't have you in them.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby lackattack on Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:24 pm

You know, I thought the idea for everyone to have a history of rank promotions was the most useless suggestion but now this one takes the cake. Actually, it is a tie between this and and the request for a way to keep private notes (which pen and paper can handle quite nicely).

I don't mean to be nasty but my to-do list is already long enough to keep me busy until September - and I'm not sure if that's 2006 or 2007. So stuff with a high cost to benefit ain't gonna make the list.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Pristella on Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:33 pm

This, too, can be handled for example with a pen and paper kind of solution. The games have numbers, the number can be typed to the game finding page and thus you find the game. Or, if it's a spesific person whose games you want to watch, type that name there.
Corporal Pristella

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:40 pm

How about adding some fancy graphics and colors and gizmos and sounds, explosions and fire and tanks and men and....

:) I just wanted to suggest more useless things. Just keep busy on priority stuff, Lack.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby qeee1 on Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:56 pm

*ahem* ...fair enough.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby ZawBanjito on Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:21 pm

Whoa! I remember suggesting this ages ago, and all I got was ignored. Lucky me.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby Fieryo on Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:30 pm

if you use Firefox it sort of does that for you. Any game number you type into the game finder is remebered. So if you go into game 15420 and you later type in 15, the game (and every other game that starts with 15) will pop up.
Major Fieryo

Spectating Games

Postby Spuzzell on Sun May 21, 2006 6:56 am

How about the option to bookmark games you are not in but would like to watch?

They could appear just below "Active Games" on the My Games screen.
Corporal 1st Class Spuzzell

Postby qeee1 on Sun May 21, 2006 7:25 am

I suggested this before and got a rather rude response:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1091

I still think it's a good idea but... meh.
Colonel qeee1

Postby ZawBanjito on Sun May 21, 2006 8:36 am

Hahaha, yeah I remember that. Personally I still think it's a good idea. September 2008 maybe?
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby Spuzzell on Sun May 21, 2006 8:48 am

qeee1 wrote:I suggested this before and got a rather rude response:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1091

I still think it's a good idea but... meh.

Holy shit. He wasn't keen, huh.

Er, I didn't mean it and I totally don't think its a good idea. Please don't make the dice hate me please.
Corporal 1st Class Spuzzell

Postby lackattack on Sun May 21, 2006 9:02 am

Sorry qeee1, I was in a grumpy mood.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby qeee1 on Sun May 21, 2006 10:42 am

No worries, I can see how it's low priority, I just thought it'd be fairly easy to code.
Colonel qeee1

a bit like ebay's Watch this item - CC's Watch this game

Postby Pedronicus on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:52 pm

Can we have a link to games we are not in if we select it as interesting?

i.e: Other games in a tournament your in that could affect you.

or . . . . If your looking in on a game (you're not in) and offering advice or just watching to see how it goes..
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby HighBorn on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:53 pm

this is a great idea ohh how my tournys would be Sooo much eaiser ;)
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby Scorba on Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:27 pm

I like the idea, but it has been suggested before here: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1091

Lack wasn't keen, lol.
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it pays no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.
Lieutenant Scorba

Postby nyg5680 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:35 pm

lol lack really didnt like that idea
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Postby MeDeFe on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:41 pm

jot down the game numbers somewhere?
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Pedronicus on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:03 pm

MeDeFe wrote:jot down the game numbers somewhere?

Have you ever been in a tournament before MeDeFe? or even 2 or 3 at the same time?... when you've been in one, come back and see if you can scrub out your vote.

when Lack poo pooed Qeee1's request, the site was young and the tournaments were a lot less than they are today.

This site is evolving - I'm sure Lack never envisaged how popular real time games would be.

Tournaments are the same - they're getting a lot more well organised and very popular. Knowing whats going on in other games is crucial.
Major Pedronicus

Postby zip_disk on Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:22 am

Current option is to open all the tourney games into different tabs and then "bookmark all tabs". Then you can open them all at once, relabel completed games if opening individually, etc.
Captain zip_disk

Postby HighBorn on Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:35 am

Pedronicus wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:jot down the game numbers somewhere?

Have you ever been in a tournament before MeDeFe? or even 2 or 3 at the same time?... when you've been in one, come back and see if you can scrub out your vote.

when Lack poo pooed Qeee1's request, the site was young and the tournaments were a lot less than they are today.

This site is evolving - I'm sure Lack never envisaged how popular real time games would be.

Tournaments are the same - they're getting a lot more well organised and very popular. Knowing whats going on in other games is crucial.

Thank you pedro!!! man i have 3 tournys a forth tourny i will be cohosting (with nice godies as prizes provided by MNA homes sponsering) + being in just about every tourny that is on CC.. yeah a watch games list would be "user friendly"

zip_disk wrote:Current option is to open all the tourney games into different tabs and then "bookmark all tabs". Then you can open them all at once, relabel completed games if opening individually, etc.

What??? pretend im computer stupid ;)
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Watch Game Option*Rejected*

Postby Exterminator on Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:50 am

You know u can watch topics on the forum. Why cant u watch games.

If ur like me and have organized a tourney, you wont to see how the games are getting on. u have to look it up via the game finder and that takes a long time.

So i suggest that on every game, there is a "Watch this game" button. If you press this button, it will go under the title "Games Watching" in the "My Games" section.

its not majorly important but i think it needs to b done ASAP.

So, wot do u think?
"Sex is like maths. You add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, leave your solution and pray you don’t multiply."

Click this to be part of something HUGE!
Private 1st Class Exterminator

Postby Pedronicus on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:37 am

been suggested b4
Major Pedronicus

games that i am following

Postby CBlake on Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:28 pm

i dont know if this has been suggested but , i think it would be cool if you can save certain games to a list that you are following, this would be helpful for tourny directors or people watching a game like battle royale so u dont have to keep searching for it .. please comment
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Next

Return to Suggestions