Conquer Club

Replace ? icon with "Basic Training" icon and Contest!

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

When we put the final suggestion through, which icon do you like the best to replace?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:32 am

JefJef's Feather concept
28%
Queen_Herpes/JefJefs horn/bugle concept
No votes
Alex's Dog Tags concept
28%
qwert's NR symbol concept
44%

Total votes : 18

Re: Replace ? icon with "Basic Training" icon (and contest!)

Postby Doc_Brown on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:04 pm

jefjef wrote:You and woody. How cute.

This thread is full of support to dump the ?. It obviously had enough support and received enough mod attention to become a sticky thread.

The real question is why are those who don't even pay to say in here stirring shit, baiting queen H and trying to derail this.

If you don't like it fine. Speak your mind and then walk away. Go play some free games.

:lol: Too funny jefjef!
I actually tend to support QH on this suggestion, and I personally like the dog tags idea (as I said in one of my four posts on this thread). I asked twice (exactly one month apart and immediately after poll resets) why the "keep current icon" option wasn't included. QH said to make a new thread if we wanted to concern ourselves with that question. I was following her advice. In the mean time, I am enjoying my free games jefjef. Thanks for the advice!
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Woodruff on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:09 pm

jefjef wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:Since QH doesn't want to answer the more important question, I've posted a new thread here with a poll to find out whether there is actually support to change the NR icon.

You and woody. How cute.
This thread is full of support to dump the ?. It obviously had enough support and received enough mod attention to become a sticky thread.

I agree...it's got enough support to be looked at seriously. Yet the thread originator refuses to do so.

jefjef wrote:The real question is why are those who don't even pay to say in here stirring shit, baiting queen H and trying to derail this.
If you don't like it fine. Speak your mind and then walk away. Go play some free games.

I may not currently be a premium, but I have paid for many premiums through my tournaments and have another one with two premium prizes ongoing. Have you? In summary...f*ck off, dickhead.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby jefjef on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:15 pm

Woodruff wrote:
jefjef wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:Since QH doesn't want to answer the more important question, I've posted a new thread here with a poll to find out whether there is actually support to change the NR icon.

You and woody. How cute.

I agree...it's got enough support to be looked at seriously. Yet the thread originator refuses to do so.

jefjef wrote:The real question is why are those who don't even pay to say in here stirring shit, baiting queen H and trying to derail this.

I may not currently be a premium, but I have paid for many premiums through my tournaments and have another one with two premium prizes ongoing. Have you? In summary...f*ck off, dickhead.

Nice flame woody. Grab a mirror and grow up. :roll:

FYI. I am a paying customer and have gifted a premium to someone who helps makes this a more enjoyable community (It wasn't you.)

Vote for the feather!
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:40 pm

This is NOT a sanctioned Contest by CC. QH, either remove the contest part from you're title, or i will do it for you. People will read the title, and think "Oh wow, they are changing the NR sign to something new". You don't have the authority to create a contest here. Even though many people have asked you to, INCLUDING 2 Suggestion moderators, you still will NOT create an option to leave it as it is. In fact Queen, if you do not add in a poll option for leaving it as it is, I will take your poll down personally.

Sorry everyone for letting this get out of hand.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:07 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:This is NOT a sanctioned Contest by CC. QH, either remove the contest part from you're title, or i will do it for you. People will read the title, and think "Oh wow, they are changing the NR sign to something new". You don't have the authority to create a contest here. Even though many people have asked you to, INCLUDING 2 Suggestion moderators, you still will NOT create an option to leave it as it is. In fact Queen, if you do not add in a poll option for leaving it as it is, I will take your poll down personally.

Sorry everyone for letting this get out of hand.

I don't understand. Are you arguing semantics here? I'm happy to change the wording in the title for you, but people have been submitting "concepts" ever since AndyDufresne asked for my concept in response #1 to this thread.

Doc_Brown has created a suggestion that posits the question that is burning in yours and two other members minds. The suggestion is, as I stated clearly in the original post, and have restated numerous times, to come up with a replacement that is worthy of going head-to-head with the Question Mark. When I posted the first poll, no one had a problem with it and there were 50 votes. I added some additional concepts and redid the poll. At that point, Woodruff started getting upset that I didn't put "Keep it as it is" in the poll. My poll. Why should I again go back and change it for Woodruff? I changed the poll again and suddenly Woodruff and now Doc_Brown have their panties in a bunch because, again, I left out the "Keep it as it is" option in the poll. Then Natty_Dread started getting upset because he, as entertainment contributor, felt that the word "contest" somehow stepped on his turf. I hope I didn't overshadow Cutesy Club with my "contest."

Why does this trouble you? The suggestion and the point is to gather support behind one concept. If I post 5 concepts and one "keep it as it is", then any support for replacing the ? gets spread amongst the 5 replacement concepts while "keep it as it is" gets all of its support focused into one of the multiple choice options. It seems unfair to force "keep it as it is" as an option in the poll this early in the discussion. To be honest, if qwert hadn't posted his concept, I would have moved it forward with the "dog tags" versus the "?" but I felt I should give Qwert his due, as he has contributed much more than anyone of to this site with his maps and tournaments (and I'm sure there is more...the guy is a freaking genius.)

So, before you let your moderator hammer fall on the poll, could you send me a concerned response via PM without further barraging this thread with what has amounted to a crusade for two other members?
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:31 am

jefjef wrote:

You and woody. How cute.

The real question is why are those who don't even pay to say in here stirring shit, baiting queen H and trying to derail this.

Lets see.

A) 2 Suggestion moderators have asked her to add in the "leave it as it is option". Has this happened? No.
B) The last 6-7 pages have only been 8 people posting over and over.
C) You have had 2 moderators say leave it as it is, along with 1 Admin. You have also had about the same amount of people say leave it as it is that said to change it.

This thread is full of support to dump the ?.

Really? I see quite a few people who ask to leave it as it is. And just because the same people post over and over does not mean it has a ton of support.

And currently in the other thread, it is even Steven 3-3 in the poll. PLUS, just because it has a lot of people voting in the poll, does not mean there actually are. For a long time, it had 3 choices per person, and now it is 2. So divide how many people have posted by far, which is 11, by 2, you really only get about 5-6 people voting.

Also, many of you are saying that if 10-15 people support a thread nowadays, it should be a go. I have seen quite a few threads get 15 "this sounds great" posts. Yet it went no where.

Queen. I asked you earlier on. Joshy asked you earlier on. Have you? No. So you are basically setting a precedent, that if you don't listen to us moderators, nothing is going to happen. I am setting a precedent. If moderators are asking you to post a new option in your poll, do it. Or would you rather have us demand you do it, like I just did?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Woodruff on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:19 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:Queen. I asked you earlier on. Joshy asked you earlier on. Have you? No. So you are basically setting a precedent, that if you don't listen to us moderators, nothing is going to happen. I am setting a precedent. If moderators are asking you to post a new option in your poll, do it. Or would you rather have us demand you do it, like I just did?

It also seems that all of the ideas that have been submitted should be included in the poll (some of which are quite nice). As I mentioned previously, by removing those who received fewer votes, the poll is being badly skewed. Those who voted for those "not many votes" selections are, in fact, being required to vote for their second (or third) choice...and by doing so, adding those second-place votes to a selection that may push it over the top when in reality it would not have been. For that same reason, it should be a one-vote only poll (in my personal opinion...that's someone else's call, of course).

And finally, I think an advertisement should be put out in Bumpage (is that legal?), so that we can get back any of the previous voters who may be assuming that their vote has already been cast and counted.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Re: Should the New Recruit Icon be changed?

Postby MichelSableheart on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:15 am

I don't really care if we use a question mark or some other symbol. I do believe that using red and blue question marks is confusing when all other ranks are either silver or gold. I've voted the second option, but am not against option three.
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby Woodruff on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:16 am

MichelSableheart wrote:I don't really care if we use a question mark or some other symbol. I do believe that using red and blue question marks is confusing when all other ranks are either silver or gold. I've voted the second option, but am not against option three.

It is odd that the design team chose the different colors...I wonder what the rationale for that was.

Postby Qwert on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 am

im vote for change- they implement many things,and i think that these also need to be change
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby edwinissweet on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:30 am

moved to GD
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby targetman377 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:37 am

does any one know why that icon is blue and red not gold and silver? is there a reason for that?
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby owenshooter on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:42 am

edwinissweet wrote:moved to GD

why? it doesn't belong in GD... take it back to suggestions...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Woodruff on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:50 am

owenshooter wrote:
edwinissweet wrote:moved to GD

I disagree. It seems very relevant to me. It is about Conquer Club, and it's certainly not one of the "spam threads" you were complaining about (regarding which I tend to agree with you). Trying to gauge user interest/support for something that is integral (if not particularly Earth-shattering) to the site.

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:35 pm

targetman377 wrote:does any one know why that icon is blue and red not gold and silver? is there a reason for that?

well some normal icons have some blue/red in them. On stripes first class and colonel there's plenty of blue/red. Gold/silver question marks probably just looked bad
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby natty dread on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:Then Natty_Dread started getting upset because he, as entertainment contributor, felt that the word "contest" somehow stepped on his turf. I hope I didn't overshadow Cutesy Club with my "contest."

You're talking out of your arse again QH.

Stepping on my "turf" has nothing to do with it, the entertainment team has no exclusive right to contests. However contests generally require a prize, and you are unable to promise one at the moment. Therefore you are misleading people, in order to make your suggestion look more popular (again misleading people.)

I've said it before but I'm going to say it again, stop trying to push your suggestions through by force. You present a suggestion, and then it's up to everyone else to either support or object your suggestion - that's how suggestions work. Trying to force your way through will only harm your cause.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby happy2seeyou on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:53 pm

All new recruits should have a blinking target stating they are most likely a multi
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:58 pm

happy2seeyou wrote:All new recruits should have a blinking target stating they are most likely a multi

qft
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby trapyoung on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:11 pm

How about a bullseye
Colonel trapyoung

Postby Gold Knight on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:19 pm

I just dont really see it as that big of a deal whether they change it or not... Does it really matter what a player's symbol looks like for 5 games? I just dont see the need to jump on this immediately and get it done when there are so many other things that could be done to improve the site...
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby sdh on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Gold Knight wrote:I just dont really see it as that big of a deal whether they change it or not... Does it really matter what a player's symbol looks like for 5 games? I just dont see the need to jump on this immediately and get it done when there are so many other things that could be done to improve the site...

Amen. Who gives a F*ck.
Major sdh

Postby Qwert on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:19 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
These look more like question,not sugestion,so i think that this is right place
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gold Knight on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:14 pm

sdh wrote:
Gold Knight wrote:I just dont really see it as that big of a deal whether they change it or not... Does it really matter what a player's symbol looks like for 5 games? I just dont see the need to jump on this immediately and get it done when there are so many other things that could be done to improve the site...

Amen. Who gives a F*ck.

Nicely done on the paraphrasing... :D
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Keep it the way it is IMO
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby owenshooter on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:08 pm

qwert wrote:why? it doesn't belong in GD... take it back to suggestions...-0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
These look more like question,not sugestion,so i think that this is right place

really? then why is there already this exact thread in SUGGESTIONS?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=120521
it is a suggestion and they are encroaching on the GD in an effort to garner support...-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions