Conquer Club

Question (Round Caps)

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Question (Round Caps)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Quick question.

My very first tournament was set up in a style that the first game had no spoils. Little did I realize that after nearly 30 rounds, we have only one win and 2 eliminations. A couple of the players have asked about abandoning the games and resetting them up with spoils.

Tournament thread.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=134394

Can this be done? and if it can, how do I do it without any players losing points?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: Question (Round Caps)

Postby Night Strike on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Yes, minor settings can be changed in your tournament while it's in progress as long as all the players agree to the changes. As for the points, there's no way those can be kept the same...the players will continue to play the games out, they just won't count in the tournament.
Major Night Strike

Postby Lindax on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:18 pm

You can also introduce a round cap now, I have done that before. For example give it another 10 or 20 rounds. Of course, what Night Strike says applies for this as well, you can only do it if the players have no objections.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:33 pm

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated for the quick response. All players agreed to start the second game a couple of days ago as the only freeium in the groups had a second slot available. I will let them know that this is the only way forward though and that they will have to finish them off.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Night Strike on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:48 pm

As an addendum, there are some groups of players who will play a private game among the remaining players with 1 or 2 settings changed and the winner of that new game also gets to win the stalemated game by the others suiciding their troops off the board. That is also allowed in tournament situations to keep the tournament moving along.
Major Night Strike

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Night Strike wrote:As an addendum, there are some groups of players who will play a private game among the remaining players with 1 or 2 settings changed and the winner of that new game also gets to win the stalemated game by the others suiciding their troops off the board. That is also allowed in tournament situations to keep the tournament moving along.

Thank you very much. Will put this to the players.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Tournament Archives