Conquer Club

Server Time Indicator

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Server Time Indicator

Postby emo.alexithymia on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:17 am

Although I am (relatively) new to CC and this idea has probably already been suggested at some point in time, I think it would be incredibly useful to have an indication of the server time that is indicated in the logs. I'm sure it would be very little code to put a ticking time box perhaps below the CC logo so that if you were creepin' on someone elses game you could know how long ago they took their turn in an instant.

~Thanks
Cadet emo.alexithymia

Re: Server Time Indicator

Postby ender516 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:37 pm

This isn't a bad idea, and one on a scale that I am tempted to implement myself. However, your comments suggest to me that you are trying to convert from CC time in the logs to your local time. If you go to the Control Panel (the CC one, via the menu on the left, not the Windows one), pick the Board Preferences tab, then the Edit global settings view, you will see that you can choose "My TImezone" from a drop down menu. If you set that properly, the logs will display times in your timezone.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby perchorin on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm eternally hopeful the live CC clock update will finally happen soon, this should solve all time related problems.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=535&t=145576
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby emo.alexithymia on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:36 pm

ender516 wrote:However, your comments suggest to me that you are trying to convert from CC time in the logs to your local time.

I guess that is a correct statement, but I the feature would still be very nice.
Cadet emo.alexithymia

Postby Dako on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:26 am

If you go to your site preferences you can set your own time zone and every log entry will be converted to your time. Here is the link to settings page - ucp.php?i=165
Colonel Dako

Postby TeeGee on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:53 am

ender516 wrote:This isn't a bad idea, and one on a scale that I am tempted to implement myself. However, your comments suggest to me that you are trying to convert from CC time in the logs to your local time. If you go to the Control Panel (the CC one, via the menu on the left, not the Windows one), pick the Board Preferences tab, then the Edit global settings view, you will see that you can choose "My TImezone" from a drop down menu. If you set that properly, the logs will display times in your timezone.

I have a phpbb on my website and it actually displays the server time, not sure if it's a default setting or if it is a feature of the style set i am using on it.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby ender516 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:10 pm

The current time is displayed on the Board Index page, near the top on the left, but I don't think it is live, that is, it shows the time you fetched the page. The phpBB feature might help the forum pages here, but I think people want the clock on the My Games page and so on as well.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Return to Tools Suggestions