Conquer Club

I would improve this site

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

I would improve this site

Postby Pedronicus on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:11 pm

If the owner said to me, and everyone else, that the going rate to monitor the forums and other stuff is more than I currently earned, I would take the job.
I'm not some religious person.

I'm 42 years old. Atheist. English.

I'm not stupid with a lack of world knowledge, I'm not following some ridiculous concept of god created the world type shit. I don't believe in anything apart from what I see. Science has proved to me that what goes on is right and that all that god shit is a load of bollox.

unless lack is some sort of Canadian believer in some other hocus pocus stuff I'm not aware of, then he seriously needs to look at the pricks he has employed.

instead of employing the idiots who offer their services, he should seek out those who he wants to be in charge and offer a x$ wage for doing so.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Re: I would improve this site

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:18 pm

Pedronicus wrote:I'm 42 years old.

your profile says you're 43 but in your post you say you're 42. http://gyazo.com/21c816c5b6967476f6ac0b31a018909a.png?1325390894
at least one of those statements is a lie.
why would lack get a liar for a mod and even pay him?

other than that, yeah, i agree with the whole paying logic. volunteer work is never going to rise up to the quality of paid work.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby 2dimes on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:23 pm

I thought you were proposing to lift the ban on posting pictures of female nipples.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby karelpietertje on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:34 pm

DiM wrote:

your profile says you're 43 but in your post you say you're 42. http://gyazo.com/21c816c5b6967476f6ac0b31a018909a.png?1325390894

Not necessarily. Maybe, like me, he didn't fill out the exact day or even month for privacy reasons, just giving an indication of his age.

Pedronicus wrote:Science has proved to me that what goes on is right and that all that god shit is a load of bollox.

You probably started this because of some theist moderator being too colourful in posting, so do you think such an opiniated statement would fit a good moderator?
Major karelpietertje

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:43 pm

karelpietertje wrote:
DiM wrote:

Not necessarily. Maybe, like me, he didn't fill out the exact day or even month for privacy reasons, just giving an indication of his age.

that doesn't mean it's not a lie. it only make the lie seem innocent which is something i was never concerned with. his reasons for lying do not interest me. anyway, innocent or not, a lie is still a lie. when your job application contains a lie you can't really expect to get hired, can you?
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby nippersean on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:48 pm

lol Dim, you never ever, filled out (or read) a CV?
Brigadier nippersean

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:00 am

DiM wrote:
karelpietertje wrote:
DiM wrote:

that doesn't mean it's not a lie. it only make the lie seem innocent which is something i was never concerned with. his reasons for lying do not interest me. anyway, innocent or not, a lie is still a lie. when your job application contains a lie you can't really expect to get hired, can you?

my recent job applications contained a lie and i expected to be hired because of it, and was.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby karelpietertje on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:49 am

Dim. Not sure if trolling or u no understand: In my theory, he filled in the date say ten days before his birthday, to protect his privacy but to give me an idea of his age.

Since you cannot demand his precise personal info, and you too appreciate his transparency to the community, are you saying Pedro should have added "PS this age is Ā±1" to his profile?
Major karelpietertje

Postby nippersean on Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:15 am

greenoaks wrote:
DiM wrote:
karelpietertje wrote:
DiM wrote:

my recent job applications contained a lie and i expected to be hired because of it, and was.

My personae on many internet adult "matching" sites contain "lies", or exaggerations as I'd prefer them termed.

Whilst I've not received any "winks" yet, I'm sure some lucky woman is gonna be contacting "that 25 yr old Mel Gibson lookalike athlete /gymnast with a 12 inch penis" so i can pick them up in my private plane and whisk them off to my mansion in the Bahamas shortly.

Watch this space! Exaggeration pays!
Brigadier nippersean

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:38 am

nippersean wrote:My personae on many internet adult "matching" sites contain "lies", or exaggerations as I'd prefer them termed.

How many inches did you exaggerate?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:27 am

DiM wrote:

your profile says you're 43 but in your post you say you're 42.

Hell, if he's anything like me, he just can't remember. Everytime someone asks me how old I am, I have to hope my wife is with me (so I can ask her)...otherwise I have to do the math.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby karelpietertje on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:48 am

Woodruff wrote:
DiM wrote:

Hell, if he's anything like me, he just can't remember. Everytime someone asks me how old I am, I have to hope my wife is with me (so I can ask her)...otherwise I have to do the math.

Damn, you're old. ;)
Major karelpietertje

Postby sherkaner on Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:03 am

DiM wrote:other than that, yeah, i agree with the whole paying logic. volunteer work is never going to rise up to the quality of paid work.

That statement was proven to be not true actually.. When the wage increases, the quality tends to goes up, but not getting any wage actually produced the best results.
See the following presentation:

Colonel sherkaner

Postby DiM on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:59 am

sherkaner wrote:
DiM wrote:other than that, yeah, i agree with the whole paying logic. volunteer work is never going to rise up to the quality of paid work.

That statement was proven to be not true actually.. When the wage increases, the quality tends to goes up, but not getting any wage actually produced the best results.

actually if you watch the movie you see i'm right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuF ... ded#t=291s

let's talk about map making cause i'm a map maker.
right now i do volunteer work just because i like making maps.
because i also have a life and family to take care of i also need a regular job to earn money. hence map making is not a priority. i will make maps when i have time, when i'm in the mood and i will only bother to make them to a certain quality level.

let's say lack offers me money. the moment lack's offer at least matches what i currently earn map making becomes more important than my real job and i'm able to focus on making maps much more than i do now. obviously my maps will look better, play better, become available faster.
all in all a huge improvement. guaranteed.

pure volunteer work can produce great results only if 3 conditions are met:
1. the volunteers don't have to worry about money.
2. the volunteers feel like they're helping a greater cause.
3. the volunteers have a certain environment in which to function, one that gives them autonomy and means to improve

none of the 3 conditions is met on CC
1. some mods/mapmakers/other contributors might not have a job and at some point they'd have to give up on CC for other more important things (like a real job)
2. nobody is helping a greater cause here. we're not working for a foundation, a charity or a freeware software company. we're working to put money in lack's pockets.
3. none of the people in team CC have pure autonomy and means to improve. map making is constantly hindered by lacks very rare xml upgrades, all the positions in team CC have various restrictions ranging from work time, to deadlines to all sorts of rules and stuff.

so volunteer work will NEVER produce top notch results on CC. at most you'll get decent results because the motivating factors are very few.

basically if you want the absolute best results you hire people and pay them enough to take their mind off money. once you do that money incentives won't work at all. all you need is give your people freedom, means of improvement and a higher purpose.
Major DiM

Postby Johnny Rockets on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:45 am

Why would Lack hire you after you considered (or did..) rip off Coca Cola?

I recall another post of yours where you polled the C.C. community if you should return some "found" money you stumbled across in a friends briefcase?

That, and your only incentive for you to do the job in the first place is so you can make the same amount of money and work less? Or perceive you would work less?
(Chumming around C.C. all day must be better than This shows too much self interest, and a self serving focus for you to be in any kind of customer contact.

I don't think that your moral compass would be in the right direction for you to herd the sheep.
I think that if you have to ask others if being dishonest or if stealing is wrong, then I pity your current employer.

I can't remember how many of this character type I've cleaned out of organizations I've taken over, or cut job interviews off half way through the process.

Johnny Rockets
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

Postby Robinette on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:40 pm

natty_dread wrote:
nippersean wrote:My personae on many internet adult "matching" sites contain "lies", or exaggerations as I'd prefer them termed.

How many inches did you exaggerate?

mnnnnn,,, maybe Pedro has exaggerated his age as much as nipper exaggerated the size of little one-eyed-nip...

If we do the math using the nipper-ratio formula, we find that pedro is just 13 years old!

This means Pedro likely just earns a few bucks for mowing lawns every now and then,
so it would be easy for Lack to afford him...
Lack should accept Pedro's offer immediately!
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:13 pm

karelpietertje wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
DiM wrote:

Damn, you're old. ;)

Not as old as you'd like to think based on those sentences. <chuckle>
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Why would anyone let Pedro have control on a site?

he'd just graffiti the Hell out of it
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Master Bush on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:43 pm

sherkaner wrote:

awesome video, but it doesn't apply here for the mods. because in the video it mentions @ 04:21 that for simple straight-forward tasks, incentives are good. and being a mod here, it's pretty simple straight-forward stuff.
"You know what they say about Love and War...."
"Yeah, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Sergeant Master Bush

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Depends on which moderator position you're talking about, Master Bush ;) And I'd argue that that assumption is not valid for most.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Pedronicus on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Wow!!

I forgot I had written this. 5am on new years day I had drunk somewhere between a hell of a lot and far too much lager.

I am in fact 43, but i had forgotten about my birthday in December because it was a non event.
Major Pedronicus

Postby Pedronicus on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:56 pm

If I was the head mod, I'd stop farming inside one week and everyone would love me for it.
Major Pedronicus

Postby Robinette on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Pedronicus wrote:If I was the head mod, I'd stop farming inside one week and everyone would love me for it.

Vote for Pedro...

Brigadier Robinette

Postby MNDuke on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Pedronicus wrote:If the owner said to me, and everyone else, that the going rate to monitor the forums and other stuff is more than I currently earned, I would take the job.
I'm not some religious person.

I'm 42 years old. Atheist. English.

I'm not stupid with a lack of world knowledge, I'm not following some ridiculous concept of god created the world type shit. I don't believe in anything apart from what I see. Science has proved to me that what goes on is right and that all that god shit is a load of bollox.

unless lack is some sort of Canadian believer in some other hocus pocus stuff I'm not aware of, then he seriously needs to look at the pricks he has employed.

instead of employing the idiots who offer their services, he should seek out those who he wants to be in charge and offer a x$ wage for doing so.

Pedronicus wrote:If I was the head mod, I'd stop farming inside one week and everyone would love me for it.

It's funny I was just discussing these very issues with Commander 9. Dude, Mr. Pedronicus, I have always appreciated your views and candor, which are everything that is right with CC and you are dead on with the fucking problems of this site. This posting is a classic fucking example of the folly and spectacle the forums have become. It's almost comedic, that everyone overlooks the initial post and focuses on your age. Who fucking cares if he is 43, 12 or 1,085? Really, does that make his point any less valid. Instead I wasted too much of my fucking life reading you hapless losers debate about his age for weeks. Really? It's shocking.

What ever happened to intelligent conversation? It gets hijacked so we discuss a posters age or possible motivations. Once again, we never get down to the real issues which could inspire change to make shit better, but instead chose to exercise ignorance and using minimal portions of their brain. Fucking stay on topic people. Is it really so hard? Actually, this post just gave me a little wood.

Now that my hands smell like hamburger and garlic, let's get back on topic:
People are finally saying f*ck off to the mods and the mods are stressed out that they no longer garner respect, much to their own faults if you ask me. Basically what's happened is that no one takes this shit seriously, and why should they. It's all about politics and the CC elite. If you are not in that inner circle, or connected to it, well, I guess what I'm seeing is general attitude of f*ck the elite.
Too many times people have gotten off even though they have been blatantly guilty of such things are farming, flaming, baiting and trolling; myself and jefjef among many others, included. Conversely, too many times people have gotten a raw deal and have been punished for shit that is way less harmful to the cc populous than what half these assholes have done.
The biggest issue would have to be farming, and why cc hasn't done something about is just retarded. The elite defend the elite farmers and the rest of us who respect the game have a hard time of respecting them. When rules only apply to some people, things generally tend to up in chaos and rebellion
Bonus Points: Who's the last conqueror who didn't farm their way to the top?
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby Uncle Death on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Start the Revolution. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=162354&view=unread#unread

Only if we use better tactics and communication can we make change happen. We need to educate all those that do not visit the forums to shake up the establishment. We need to alert players in chat of all our games of what is going on. That also means we have to play and contact with those very same new recruits that are being taken advantage of. None of those players are aware of what is happening. Recruit the Young and our ranks will fill with Cadres and the Revolution can begin.
Captain Uncle Death

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion