Conquer Club

Pre 9-11 Thinking

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:59 pm

tzor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:That really was a pretty sad thing for Paul to do, not endorsing Gary Johnson. I was very disappointed by that.

A lot of libertarians seriously question Johnson's libertarian credentials.

Probably because he's a Republican. Ron Paul also happens to be a Republican.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Well, it's official now. It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya, and he spent most of the time in those 10 days going on David Letterman, partying with Jay-z and Beyonce, hosting the WNBA champions (Minnesota Lynx 8-) ) hanging out in Vegas as well as attending 6 fundraisers, and all the while bitching at his opponent for being wrong..."the Middle East is on fire, but it's just a harmless protest over a video!!!!!"

Are we still asleep I asked? Aint no alarm clock that can wake up anything from this deep a slumber...
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Well, it's official now. It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya, and he spent most of the time in those 10 days going on David Letterman, partying with Jay-z and Beyonce, hosting the WNBA champions (Minnesota Lynx 8-) ) hanging out in Vegas as well as attending 6 fundraisers, and all the while bitching at his opponent for being wrong..."the Middle East is on fire, but it's just a harmless protest over a video!!!!!"

Are we still asleep I asked? Aint no alarm clock that can wake up anything from this deep a slumber...

How about some links?

<looks at poster's name>

Hah, nevermind.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Well, it's official now. It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya, and he spent most of the time in those 10 days going on David Letterman, partying with Jay-z and Beyonce, hosting the WNBA champions (Minnesota Lynx 8-) ) hanging out in Vegas as well as attending 6 fundraisers, and all the while bitching at his opponent for being wrong..."the Middle East is on fire, but it's just a harmless protest over a video!!!!!"

How about some links?

Links to what? The terrorist attack in Libya on September 11th? Or links that prove Obama was on Letterman? I would love nothing more than to provide links, but that is a lot of stuff the President has been very, VERY busy). Please state specifically which links you need more information about, and you shall receive with the most joyous of pleasures.
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Links shows that "It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya"

and then, why not provide support for 'since he was spending all this time doing other stuff, then [insert your relevant conclusion here].'
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:21 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Links shows that "It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya"'

the last 10 days.....

show

Also, Saxitoxin made a really good thread, and most of this has been documented in there, you should take a look, specifically the first few pages. Lots more information there
Last edited by Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:24 pm

tzor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:That really was a pretty sad thing for Paul to do, not endorsing Gary Johnson. I was very disappointed by that.

A lot of libertarians seriously question Johnson's libertarian credentials.

I've heard a bit of it, but I have not heard it being seriously bandied about that much. Which of his proposed policies are in question?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Hey, PS, thanks for the links. A question came to mind for anyone:

why would the Obama admin dilly-dally about this?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:00 am

PRE 9-11 THINKING IN PIX

9/11/01

"Idea! We should send guns, money and advanced training to Afghanistan insurgents."

Breaking News: Afghanistan insurgents fly planes into WTC.

"LOL! Woops! Our bad ... never forget, etc."

9/11/12

"Idea! We should send guns, money and advanced training to Libyan insurgents."

Breaking News: Libyan insurgents storm consulate, assassinate ambassador.

9/11/20

"Idea! We should send guns, money and advanced training to Syrian insurgents."

Breaking News: Syrian insurgents detonate nuke in LA.

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:05 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Hey, PS, thanks for the links. A question came to mind for anyone:

why would the Obama admin dilly-dally about this?

and right smack in the middle of thee most important campaign in his entire life.....
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:09 pm

saxitoxin wrote:PRE 9-11 THINKING IN PIX

I don't think any people or group or country should ever forget the reasons they were attacked
Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

I don't think any people or group or country should ever forget the reasons they were attacked

I agree. If the U.S. Government remembered they were attacked because they put short-term gains over long-term interests (instead of letting the Red Army and Afghan government crush a cabal of nutcases - they armed said nutcases to allow them to survive and score a minor tactical victory over the USSR), they wouldn't have stopped Qaddafi from crushing the same cabal of nutcases and wouldn't, right now, be trying to stop Assad from doing the same.

But Brent Scowcroft and Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are all Ivy League educated. They're not stupid; they're aware of these facts. They just have a different, grander, loftier agenda than some middle-aged secretary on the 98th floor of the WTC who is just trying to get out of a burning building alive.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Woodruff on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

I think more than half of our country is unwilling to accept the reasons why we were attacked, never mind having to remember them.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby fadedpsychosis on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:39 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

I agree. If the U.S. Government remembered they were attacked because they put short-term gains over long-term interests (instead of letting the Red Army and Afghan government crush a cabal of nutcases - they armed said nutcases to allow them to survive and score a minor tactical victory over the USSR), they wouldn't have stopped Qaddafi from crushing the same cabal of nutcases and wouldn't, right now, be trying to stop Assad from doing the same.

But Brent Scowcroft and Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are all Ivy League educated. They're not stupid; they're aware of these facts. They just have a different, grander, loftier agenda than some middle-aged secretary on the 98th floor of the WTC who is just trying to get out of a burning building alive.

in this one thing I agree with sax: it is a tragedy that our leadership flat out REFUSES to acknowledge the mistakes of the past and learn from them, but continues on in the same vein... they fall into the very definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Links shows that "It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya"'

the last 10 days.....

show

Also, Saxitoxin made a really good thread, and most of this has been documented in there, you should take a look, specifically the first few pages. Lots more information there

I guess I jumped the gun a little bit. Now it is officially official.

Last edited by Phatscotty on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby 梦龙 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:26 am

it is obvious. US politicians are bought by weapons companies. these companies tell their politicians to start wars and provoke hostilities (afghanistan, libya, pacific nations and more). now the politicians make money for their masters in the arms company HQ.

the usa government are motherfuckers, but sure so is every other government. usa is not worse than anyone else to its own people.

the thing that is so lame about the US government is that it pretends to be moral and noble, policeman of the globe. at least the other dick suckers don't pretend to be anything other than corrupt fascists.
New Recruit 梦龙

Postby 梦龙 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:29 am

like i said though, every government is the same. i don't mean to attack the US government specific, for it is almost no different to any other. the Party are dickswingers.
it is just good to debate these issues frankly, i hope i don't seem hostile.
New Recruit 梦龙

Postby fadedpsychosis on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:35 am

梦龙 wrote:the thing that is so lame about the US government is that it pretends to be moral and noble, policeman of the globe. at least the other dick suckers don't pretend to be anything other than corrupt fascists.

I'd argue with you on this point. no govt. out and out says they're assholes, whether they are or not. there's always some excuse (usually bullshit about it being for the greater good).
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 am

His English has vastly improved!

很好啊!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Timminz on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Pre 9-11, the rest of the world thought America was great, and was a bit jealous. Post 9-11, the rest of the world hates America's freedom, just because they're jealous.
Captain Timminz

Postby Woodruff on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Timminz wrote:Pre 9-11, the rest of the world thought America was great, and was a bit jealous. Post 9-11, the rest of the world hates America's freedom, just because they're jealous.

I don't think that's quite right...

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Timminz wrote:Pre 9-11, the rest of the world thought America was great, and was a bit jealous. Post 9-11, the rest of the world hates America's freedom, just because they're jealous.

I agree with Woodruff. Sadly however, I am certain that Timminz summation will be adopted by history and that is how the paragraph on 9-11 will look in future text books...

There are lots of other reasons for other things, such as globalization, the invention of the internet (all hail Bill Clinton!), a strong US dollar that accompanied US currency hegemony (made things work a lot smoother/less problems), as well as the first attack on the WTC (meaning 9-11 was just a follow up), as well as US troops on Saudi soil, treating the Middle East like a chess board, oil prices, and relative peace
Major Phatscotty

Postby john9blue on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Phatscotty wrote:the invention of the internet (all hail Bill Clinton!)

that was al gore! give the man credit where it is due!
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

I agree with Woodruff.

I'm quite certain that you don't, to be honest. Though you may well agree with the single statement that I made there. I could certainly be wrong, but I suspect that Timminz was actually mocking folks like you.

Postby 梦龙 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:39 pm

my english 很好? thank you (^.^)

but 啊? i think you need learn not to use google's translate >3<
New Recruit 梦龙

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,