Conquer Club

Dexter Mafia S2. Fires Snuffed: Endgame Town and Dexter Win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dexter Mafia S2. 6/13 Day 4: Chain of Command

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:14 pm

I want to know why Jak is not participating. Hes posted and blathered away in several games up until today.

I am 100% positive Epi one of the killers. If we are forced into a no lynch I would insist on blocking him.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Vote Count

Edocsil
Jak111
Ironbutterfly
Safariguy (1)-Epitaph
Epitaph (2)-Safariguy5, Iron Butterfly
chapcrap

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Replacing Jak111. got a response from Chap.

remaking it. After reviewing the last vote count I noticed that the part now at the bottom had ended up at the top. sorry if it was missed because of that. Searching for reserves. If I can't find any in the next 48-72 (depending on my own schedule), I will be forced to mod-kill.

With my own inconsistent schedule and a possible upcoming replacement there is no current deadline. I will reconsider the deadline when and if Jak is replaced. As of right now I would like to see better activity.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby spiesr on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Confirm Replacement (Of Jak?)
I haven't been keeping tabs on this thread so I am going to have to read it all before I can do much. Should be able to take care of that tonight still.
Captain spiesr

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:03 pm

Spiesr replaces Jak.

No deadline set. Will reconsider over the next couple of days.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Dexter Mafia S2. 10/13. Day 2: Firelit Dawn

Postby spiesr on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:27 am

Okay, I just read everything. I have to see reading this game was pretty hilarious, so congrats Stike.
Iron Butterfly wrote:I want to know why Jak is not participating. Hes posted and blathered away in several games up until today.
If you read the signups for /'s game he mentions something about dropping out of this game and Arkham in order to join that one. (Despite him never making a post to actually say that in either game.) A question for you Iron, you did you jail night 1?
chapcrap wrote:vote saf

I just don't buy saf's line of reasoning. Yeah, there could potientially be 3 kills for one night only, but that's only once. However, that's not a big deal because of them killing each other too. I mean, at this point we could be looking at just one kill per night if one of those last night was the one shot being used. To me, why lynch someone that's already claimed anyway? Awful strategy from town. We lynch BG and all the info we get was whether or not he was lying. We don't get any more information without pressuring someone else. To me, that person needs to be saf.
Why only one night? What possible info do you have which would lead you to that conclusion?
edocsil wrote:Detective Angel Bautista-Town Doctor

Protected Saf every night.
How the hell did you know that you were roleblocked if you were a doctor?
safariguy5 wrote:
show
It could be the second killer is an arsonist and was just priming someone on Night 2. Last Dexter game, the poisoner SKer won in the end, so we may have delayed NK's.

Regardless, I feel like it's gotten to the point this game where chap won't believe anything I say, so I'm not surprised that he'd vote me. If nothing, I've been consistent in my behavior. Once I felt BG was lying, I focused my actions on him. I'm still of the opinion that BG's claim doesn't fit, but this mystery roleblock is more concrete evidence of someone lying.
Did you forget about the scenes entirely? There has been a death by fire every night. The scene made it plenty clear that it was Dexter's action which did not succeed night 2.

In case it wasn't already obvious I am Dexter.
I am a third party survivor. I have to ability to either kill or frame someone each night. My predecessors made the following actions. N1: Kill Iron Butterfly N2: Kill Edocsil. N3: Kill BGthebrain
As you can see none of these was entirely successful. Night 1 Iron was swapped with shaggy, night 2 edocsil was under the jailkeeper's protection, and it seems LSU swapped himself with BG night 3.

So anyhow we have 3 candidates for the arson based killer.
Epitaph, Safariguy, & Chapcrap.
I suppose we need to set up some sort of system where we lynch 1, I kill the second and the third is jailed. In the event that our lynch is on the wrong target I will require edocsil to use his doc protect on me in case this killer also has some level of bulletproof ability. I don't really know at this point who we should pick for which position. So, edoc'sil, Iron Butterfly, I guess we will have to sort that one out.

Also, as a FYI I can confirm that non-town players had mod provided fake-claims available to them. I was offered one if I felt the need. Fortunately the town seems to be on the right track that Dexter isn't an actual threat to their win condition so I don't need it.
Captain spiesr

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:58 am

Night One I jailed Chap, which I stated earlier but its understandable how you could have missed it. Chap is clear in my book as is edocsil.

I had you pegged as one of the SKs along with Epi. Safari I have had my doubts but with you out as a survivor having to make a choice between Saf and Epi I would choose Epi to lynch.

I believe we should lynch Epi. As I have stated several times his claimed role of forensic investigator does not make sense as the night scenes have clearly shown how and what the killers use.

By lynching him it would be game over and a win for Town and you, If he flips Town, which I doubt I would jail him. Even if he kills someone we have enough votes to lynch him.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:03 am

I would jail safari if epi flipped Town is what I tried to say above.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:40 am

Well, if we lynch either saf or Epi, we can have Dexter kill the other then during the night. Is that the route we should take?

While I do think the way safari has played has been scummier than Epi, I don't have any of my own information to go off of, so I am willing to lynch Epi and let safariguy be the one that is killed by spiesr.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Epitaph1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 am

3rd party survivor that kills each night? I think there's a name for that: serial killer. spiesr just claimed SK and we're deliberating between saf and me? Go figure.

That leaves saf to be the arsonist. I still think that saf has been the scummiest and I'm convinced he's Lila, Dexter's girlfriend. My vote stands, although I'm open to lynching spiesr too.
Major Epitaph1

Postby edocsil on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:29 am

Vote Epi

Also, I knew I was RBe'd because Strike always tells you, regardless of if your night action requires a result. He has said it before, but I would really rather not go look it up, I have an interview shortly.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 pm

edocsil wrote:Vote Epi

Also, I knew I was RBe'd because Strike always tells you, regardless of if your night action requires a result. He has said it before, but I would really rather not go look it up, I have an interview shortly.

I was never told that I was role blocked in this game, but I have no action to block either.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby edocsil on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:28 pm

chapcrap wrote:
edocsil wrote:Vote Epi

I was never told that I was role blocked in this game, but I have no action to block either.

I left ambiguity, pardon. If you have a active night action and you use it, and it is blocked, you are told.
Edoc'sil

Postby spiesr on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:27 pm

chapcrap wrote:Well, if we lynch either saf or Epi, we can have Dexter kill the other then during the night. Is that the route we should take?

While I do think the way safari has played has been scummier than Epi, I don't have any of my own information to go off of, so I am willing to lynch Epi and let safariguy be the one that is killed by spiesr.
Well, with out list of suspects sitting at two people we have a choice of what to do if the lynch today is on the wrong one. We can either have me kill the other, or have Iron Butterfly block him. Since Iron Butterfly is a Jailer we unfortunately can't do both. Remember that Jonty had a 1 shot bulletproof ability, so it stands to reason that this other killer may also have something, be it bulletproof, unblockable, investigation immunity, or whatever. So I guess our choice would be defined by whatever we think might actually work on this target.
Captain spiesr

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:19 pm

spiesr wrote:
chapcrap wrote:Well, if we lynch either saf or Epi, we can have Dexter kill the other then during the night. Is that the route we should take?

Well, with out list of suspects sitting at two people we have a choice of what to do if the lynch today is on the wrong one. We can either have me kill the other, or have Iron Butterfly block him. Since Iron Butterfly is a Jailer we unfortunately can't do both. Remember that Jonty had a 1 shot bulletproof ability, so it stands to reason that this other killer may also have something, be it bulletproof, unblockable, investigation immunity, or whatever. So I guess our choice would be defined by whatever we think might actually work on this target.

If the lynch is the wrong one that would mean safari would be the SK. If you target each other Town wins and you lose.

I would block/jail Safari. If no kills we we know safari is the killer. IOf someone dies...lol we are in trouble.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
spiesr wrote:

If the lynch is the wrong one that would mean safari would be the SK. If you target each other Town wins and you lose.

I would block/jail Safari. If no kills we we know safari is the killer. IOf someone dies...lol we are in trouble.

I disagree with that plan. If I was the killer, I would not kill on purpose so that saf was killed and then I'd have another night alive to perform my kill. If we are certain that we want to move forward with these two, I think that lynching one and offing the other in the night is the best plan. Because, then if we are wrong, we can pursue it during the day tomorrow instead of being forced to wait through another night.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby edocsil on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Doakes is a good claim, I wouldn't block it. There will be 5 alive, I, doakes and dex are clear as well as iliad. Jail me to keep me alive and block chap. Dex then kills me, but I am safe. However, I am quite sure it wont get to that, and the epi is our killer.
Edoc'sil

Postby spiesr on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Well, we might as well get this show on the road since there doesn't seem to be that much to discuss at the moment. I am going to Vote Epitaph, as I am getting the feeling that his claim is the sort of thing that Strike would provide as a fake. Basically my theory is that Strikewolf sent Epitaph something along the lines of "Your fake-claim is Vince Masuka, Forensic Investigator." And then Epitaph didn't really think things out and interpreted that is the apparently broken version he claimed. I mean, the version of Forensic Investigator I have heard of gets a list of players who targeted the deceased instead of what Epitaph claimed, but I don't recall seeing any version in a game where I played.

Anyhow, in the event that this is incorrect I will try to kill Safariguy tonight. Iron Butterfly can either Jail him or, whichever he feels appropriate. Just to be safe I will require edoc'sil to doc protect me. As long as I am safe I will do whatever the town needs me to.

Fastposted
Captain spiesr

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:09 pm

Lynch vote noted. I will try to get a scene up tonight but more likely will have to wait till tomorrow.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 pm

Fires Snuffed.

The town gathered for what they hoped would be the last day. Doakes had been questioned severely earlier. He had suggested previously that there would be no ordinary citizens and now it looked like that proclamation could cost him his life. However when Laguerta announced that she had blocked Bautista, things turned around. Knowing how to prove the guilty parties he stood up before the crowd.

"he's one of the killers!" He shouted to the department and turned his attention to Dexter Morgan. "And you are too. It's got to be them. I was with him all night keeping him from going anywhere and Laguerta confirmed that Bautista was roleblocked. These two were the only two free to make a kill last night."

The town turned it's eyes toward them. With the rest hammering Masuka, Dexter stayed quiet feeling that he could stay alive for the night as long as they didn't shift their focus to him. thankfully town still believed he was on their side as the town gathered around Masuka who reacted to the pressure.

"Why are you looking at me?" Vince Said. "I'm the forensic investigator. I've been helping you solve this case. Doakes is the one whose actions don't act up. He was convinced that no ordinary citizens were in this game and he was wrong and none of his role blocks can be confirmed."

Dexter stood up: "it has to be him or Doakes. If we lynch wrong we still have a night where I can kill the other."

The town argued for a while but eventually Bautista stood up. "It's a good plan. We follow through and we can end these killings."

Masuka made one last attempt to argue but as he saw Dexter get up, the will broke and he attempted to flee. However they were quick to catch up to him and with Dexter leading the pack, they brought him to his final destination.

Epitaph-Lila Turnae-Serial Killer has been lynched.

End Game. Town and Dexter win.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Dexter Mafia S2. Fires Snuffed: Endgame Town and Dexter

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Woot, nicely done town!

We def got a bit lucky with jonty getting killed early on.

I will admit that the VT fake had me on BG pretty early and I did hint to vodean that just one more person claiming VT would have torpedoed my case against BG but nobody (not even vodean) bit. Interestingly enough, we didn't lose a VT until pretty late in the game anyways which actually made me think my case was stronger.

Kind of happy we didn't end up lynching BG, would have cost me my life.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:14 pm

I have to say it was an interesting game to watch as the mod. I was experimenting with the Dexter role in particular. Didn't get used quite as I was expecting (was thinking that at least on night 1, Dexter would opt for the frame instead of the kill, set himself up as a possible vig candidate). Town played well and did get lucky with Jonty being caught early.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Dang safari, I really thought you were scum. I just didn't like your reasoning at all those first days.

Good win for the town. Quick. Getting jonty early definitely helped.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:43 am

I must say the hardest part of this game was trying to figure out if safari was for real.

When I jailed edocsil night 2 Iol though I had one of the sks. When it dawned on me I saved him and realized chap was not a sk it was only a matter of time. Epis claim was a dead give away to his guilt as far as I was concerned. I have to say playing a jail keeper was interesting.

LOL a very anti climatic ending I must say.

Spiesr a big thank you for taking over for jak.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby chapcrap on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:01 am

I think if I would have known the show a little better that would have helped me along. I couldn't tell what claims were legitimate and which were bogus.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Epitaph1 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:19 am

I played my fakeclaim way wrong. Strike did give me a fakeclaim and nominally it was the same as Vince Masuka from the first Dexter mafia (where he had the ability to determine the weapon/cause of death). The problem in this game was that the scenes were so vivid, there was no way I could convincingly pull it off. I thought about altering my ability to say that I found a murder weapon with saf's fingerprints on it, but I didn't go after saf hard enough early on to make that a convincing story either. That would have only given me an extra day anyway.

I was almost completely sure that saf was a lyncher looking for Dexter. But I couldn't argue that at the end because that would leave me as the SK!

Good job, town. Thanks for modding, Strike. It was really enjoyable. . .until the last day. :lol:
Major Epitaph1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives