Conquer Club

Game Chat vs SD

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Game Chat vs SD

Postby GrudgeBringer_ on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:51 am

I have a question that came up and wonder what is correct.

I understood that a lot of people do NOT look at game chat so if I wrote say "Hey Green, 2 turn treaty till blue is gone" in Game chat it was perfectly OK to copy the same thing and PM or put it on there wall.

Wow, I never thought that was secret diplomacy. It never entered my mind. what is the answer folks? :? :oops:
Major GrudgeBringer_

Re: Game Chat vs SD

Postby blakebowling on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:36 am

Technically, that will be ruled as SD. However you can ask them to check game chat on their wall, and that is not a violation.
Private blakebowling

Postby agentcom on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:10 pm

blakebowling wrote:Technically, that will be ruled as SD. However you can ask them to check game chat on their wall, and that is not a violation.

Yeah, even if you wrote the EXACT same thing as you wrote in Game Chat on the wall, I think you're asking for trouble. Anyone who sees that wall will immediately think that it's Secret Diplomacy. And if the person responds on your wall rather than game chat, you're really asking for trouble. Better as Blake said to go to their wall and tell them to check the chat and not add anything else to the wall message.
Colonel agentcom

Postby GrudgeBringer_ on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:43 pm

YEah...thanks guys...actually I forgot that the WALL still notifies them when they log on (I don't get much wall traffic)...That sounds like a lot better deal. One friend said to just put the game # on the wall and say check game chat. The problem with that is I DON'T even know my game #'s most of the time and if someone did that to me I probably (make that might) not even take the time to mess with it as I play 14 or so at a time.

Thanks for the input!! :)
Major GrudgeBringer_

Postby agentcom on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:04 pm

GrudgeBringer_ wrote:YEah...thanks guys...actually I forgot that the WALL still notifies them when they log on (I don't get much wall traffic)...That sounds like a lot better deal. One friend said to just put the game # on the wall and say check game chat. The problem with that is I DON'T even know my game #'s most of the time and if someone did that to me I probably (make that might) not even take the time to mess with it as I play 14 or so at a time.

Thanks for the input!! :)

Well, usually you're already in the game at the time that you want to send the wall message (duh--because you just wrote the chat you want to tell them about!). So just look above the map copy the game number to your clipboard. Then click on the other player's name on the right side of the map, scroll down and you're at their wall.

Most people will know what you mean if you write the game number and "check chat." But if you want to get really fancy you can type the following:

Code: Select all
Please check chat in [game]XXXXXXX[/game]

Where you paste the game number where the XXXXXXX is. It would show up something like this:

Please check chat in Game 11694123
Colonel agentcom

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:02 pm

i added a private pm to this player. all should be cleared upo now.. incidently i am back.. keep the questions comming!
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Return to Conquer Club Discussion