Conquer Club

Legit point dumping

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Legit point dumping

Postby jleonnn on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:24 am

I'd say the only way to "point dump" legitimately would be to play doodle and lux assassin. But how low do you think the score will go before you have to lose a lot more to balance out a win?
Major jleonnn

Re: Legit point dumping

Postby AAFitz on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:57 am

jleonnn wrote:I'd say the only way to "point dump" legitimately would be to play doodle and lux assassin. But how low do you think the score will go before you have to lose a lot more to balance out a win?

Well, I wouldnt call it point dumping. Id call it playing the game. Game choice, invariably affects score. If you choose to play different types of games, your score may go up or down.

My score definitely fluctuates quite a bit. I enjoy the excitement of the speed doodle games at times, but the effect on score is immediate, and tragic. I myself typically bottom out at 1200 to 1400. At that point, assuming I have some variety of games, the score will go back up at 1600 to 1800, which is where I am at now. If I play some more speed games, or random 1v1s, itll drop again, if I play some more teams it will go up.

I have done this many times on CC, and it has been very interesting to see the way people treat you differently with different scores. The score icon, actually changes the game itself at times, because people make assumptions about your ability...sometimes this helps, sometimes it hurts. Its an interesting peek into psychology though, and it absolutely is not random. Ive done it far too many times, and have seen far too many examples to discount the effect. I also imagine, I play differently, and act differently dependent upon my rank as well, but I am less able to discuss that objectively.

Anyways, I suggest anyone who has the time, give it a try. I think the only way to truly understand the CC community of players is to play at various levels of the scoreboard, with a wide range and types of games. One must truly walk in the shoes of those with a particular rank, to truly understand what it is like, in my opinion. I can now laugh at the various assumptions that players make about different classes of players based on their rank, because while there are some patterns, for the most part, the rank is absolutely just a choice based on game choice, with some influence of skill.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby jleonnn on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:11 am

That's an interesting point. But normally when I'm playing games and I decide to profile an opponent I usually take a look at his win % and previous games instead of just points. An assdoodle streak, while reaking havoc on your points, won't affect the win % too much unless you've played very few games.
Major jleonnn

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 pm

AAFitz wrote:
jleonnn wrote:I'd say the only way to "point dump" legitimately would be to play doodle and lux assassin. But how low do you think the score will go before you have to lose a lot more to balance out a win?

Well, I wouldnt call it point dumping. Id call it playing the game. Game choice, invariably affects score. If you choose to play different types of games, your score may go up or down.

My score definitely fluctuates quite a bit. I enjoy the excitement of the speed doodle games at times, but the effect on score is immediate, and tragic. I myself typically bottom out at 1200 to 1400. At that point, assuming I have some variety of games, the score will go back up at 1600 to 1800, which is where I am at now. If I play some more speed games, or random 1v1s, itll drop again, if I play some more teams it will go up.

I have done this many times on CC, and it has been very interesting to see the way people treat you differently with different scores. The score icon, actually changes the game itself at times, because people make assumptions about your ability...sometimes this helps, sometimes it hurts. Its an interesting peek into psychology though, and it absolutely is not random. Ive done it far too many times, and have seen far too many examples to discount the effect. I also imagine, I play differently, and act differently dependent upon my rank as well, but I am less able to discuss that objectively.

Anyways, I suggest anyone who has the time, give it a try. I think the only way to truly understand the CC community of players is to play at various levels of the scoreboard, with a wide range and types of games. One must truly walk in the shoes of those with a particular rank, to truly understand what it is like, in my opinion. I can now laugh at the various assumptions that players make about different classes of players based on their rank, because while there are some patterns, for the most part, the rank is absolutely just a choice based on game choice, with some influence of skill.

well said as usual.. fun to slum it from time to time..

*joining doodle ass games*
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby KraphtOne on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:38 am

LJEX got a warning for the exact same thing caatman did... although, it was a stupid warning... people are stupid...
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby jleonnn on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 am

Was it a warning for so called "farming"? If so, is that why ljex isn't around anymore and ccatman started playing doodle yesterday?
Major jleonnn

Return to Conquer Club Discussion