Conquer Club

[Medal] Cheater Medal

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[Medal] Cheater Medal

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:41 pm

[MOD EDIT: Some users have suggested that we "award" a "medal" to people that have been found to be in violation of the rules of this site. This is not going to happen for a few reasons. The issues of which violations would earn the medal is a Pandora's box of forum debate that we do not want to open. The current C&A process, for all its alleged flaws, works pretty well. We don't need to brand members as cheaters when there are other avenues for punishment. Also, even though this "medal" is meant to be a mark of shame, we suspect that some will wear it as a badge of pride. Some people are tempted by even the most minor of rebellious activity.

You may look here: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... &p=2447918

Or here: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=170171

[MOD EDIT to mod edit: I don't believe that I wrote this, but it just has to be a mod edit that happened at some point ...

--agentcom]]

MrBenn wrote:To be fair, any games could be staged, but that shouldn't be a reason to not have a medal for something. Perhaps we should have a "Cheaters Medal" for anyone who gets busted? If it was to replace all your other medals (i.e. if you 25 medals but got busted, you'd be stripped of your decorations and given the "Cheaters Medal") - that would be an incentive NOT to cheat?

I like it ... anyone caught cheating is stripped of all medals except map acheivement.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Re: Medal Suggestion List

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:18 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
MrBenn wrote:To be fair, any games could be staged, but that shouldn't be a reason to not have a medal for something. Perhaps we should have a "Cheaters Medal" for anyone who gets busted? If it was to replace all your other medals (i.e. if you 25 medals but got busted, you'd be stripped of your decorations and given the "Cheaters Medal") - that would be an incentive NOT to cheat?

I like it ... anyone caught cheating is stripped of all medals except map acheivement.

I like it too.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby lancehoch on Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:05 pm

The map creator award will be similar to the tournament award. It has not been distributed yet though.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:18 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:

Why the map achievement?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Night Strike on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:23 pm

I don't think there will be a Cheaters Medal. Lack gives players multiple chances (depending on the offense). Just keep up with the C&A forum and put any buy-backers on your foe list.
Major Night Strike

Postby HardAttack on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:44 am

Someone who stays under %90 turns taken should be awarded with a black weirdy looking medal to represent his her being a deadbeater... But one can easily relieve from that bringing percentage higher i think... Wud work

ParadiceCity9 wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

I like it too.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Return to Archived Suggestions