Conquer Club

steadman1969[cleared]es

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

steadman1969[cleared]es

Postby lifedurinwartime on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Accused:
steadman1969

The accused are suspected of:
Being Multis

Game number:

Comments: Joined a Scotland map game, it was filled up with three new recruits, all of whose accounts were created on January 26, 2013. Clin777 was created at 10:36am, rscott919 was created at 11:39am, and Foolhardy was created at 11:54am. So to recap they were all created on the same exact day, all within almost an hour of each other. One is "from" the US, one Canada, and one United Kingdom, but if I remember correctly you pick yourself what country you're from when you sign up. If I were creating multiple accounts I would make them from different countries. They all joined only one game. The game Steadman and I are playing in. That one game is the Scotland map, which I believe is very significant. Most new recruits, especially people who have never been to the site before play their first game on the "classic" (see: world cities) map. But all three of these new people join only one game, and that one game happens to be Scotland. And they were all created within one hour of each other. Moving on, none of them moved even once. From the beginning of the game the only two players to move were me and Steadman. Reading the logs, Steadman attacked only me in his first turn, only me in his second turn, and only me in his third turn. He made no effort to move against any of the other three players right from the outset. He made no effort to defend in borders in any way from what from his perspective should have been 3 other equally dangerous foes. From his first turn the only person he treated as existing was me. I don't know how clearly a case like this can be proven. I imagine all evidence on this site is, in one way or anther, circumstantial by its very nature. But it strains the bounds of reason to believe that the totality of these circumstances are coincidence. I looked through his previous games, and admittedly, there are deadbeats on the site. They happen a lot. But he has played against an exceptionally large number of them. And he is always, always sure to leave negative ratings and comments to that effect. Something people who have played as many games as him would not be expected to do. I respectfully submit that even if he did not himself create these accounts he was instrumental in their creation, and at least the situation merits an inquiry. Thank you for your consideration.
Sergeant lifedurinwartime

Re: steadman1969[pending]es

Postby Evil Semp on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:09 pm

lifedurinwartime wrote:Accused:
steadman1969

The accused are suspected of:
Being Multis

Game number:

Comments: Joined a Scotland map game, it was filled up with three new recruits, all of whose accounts were created on January 26, 2013. Clin777 was created at 10:36am, rscott919 was created at 11:39am, and Foolhardy was created at 11:54am. So to recap they were all created on the same exact day, all within almost an hour of each other. One is "from" the US, one Canada, and one United Kingdom, but if I remember correctly you pick yourself what country you're from when you sign up. If I were creating multiple accounts I would make them from different countries. They all joined only one game. The game Steadman and I are playing in. That one game is the Scotland map, which I believe is very significant. Most new recruits, especially people who have never been to the site before play their first game on the "classic" (see: world cities) map. But all three of these new people join only one game, and that one game happens to be Scotland. And they were all created within one hour of each other. Moving on, none of them moved even once. From the beginning of the game the only two players to move were me and Steadman. Reading the logs, Steadman attacked only me in his first turn, only me in his second turn, and only me in his third turn. He made no effort to move against any of the other three players right from the outset. He made no effort to defend in borders in any way from what from his perspective should have been 3 other equally dangerous foes. From his first turn the only person he treated as existing was me. I don't know how clearly a case like this can be proven. I imagine all evidence on this site is, in one way or anther, circumstantial by its very nature. But it strains the bounds of reason to believe that the totality of these circumstances are coincidence. I looked through his previous games, and admittedly, there are deadbeats on the site. They happen a lot. But he has played against an exceptionally large number of them. And he is always, always sure to leave negative ratings and comments to that effect. Something people who have played as many games as him would not be expected to do. I respectfully submit that even if he did not himself create these accounts he was instrumental in their creation, and at least the situation merits an inquiry. Thank you for your consideration.

steadman1969 is CLEARED of being a multi.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: steadman1969[cleared]es

Postby lifedurinwartime on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:30 pm

I'm not sure why that part was highlighted, maybe you could explain? And I guess he was cleared....is there usually no explanation of that either? Thanks for your time.
Sergeant lifedurinwartime

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 pm

lifedurinwartime wrote:I'm not sure why that part was highlighted, maybe you could explain? And I guess he was cleared....is there usually no explanation of that either? Thanks for your time.

I was going to make a comment on that and I got called away for a short while, when I got back I forgot that I had highlited it.

Your IP is what chooses the flag for your country.

As far as commenting on him being cleared of being a multi I don't know how to explain it without giving out details on how determine if someone is a multi. And I won't give out the details.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Just_essence on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:43 am

Just one moment. If this server uses the IP that it sees, this may well be conducted through several proxy IP addresses (connecting your home computer to a "proxy" computer with a wholly different IP address, and then connecting it to what you want to connect to, thus ensuring that nobody knows where you're actually from unless they make an effort to retrace your connections), one in the US, one in Canada, and one in the UK.
Private Just_essence

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Just_essence wrote:Just one moment. If this server uses the IP that it sees, this may well be conducted through several proxy IP addresses (connecting your home computer to a "proxy" computer with a wholly different IP address, and then connecting it to what you want to connect to, thus ensuring that nobody knows where you're actually from unless they make an effort to retrace your connections), one in the US, one in Canada, and one in the UK.

That is how the flag is chosen. We have other ways of deciding if someone is a multi. One tool that we us is a two headed coin. The only problem with the two headed coin is when I get confused and call tails.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Closed C&A Reports