Conquer Club

2-Pair_Nelson: Bigotry in Game Chat [Warned] DCR

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

2-Pair_Nelson: Bigotry in Game Chat [Warned] DCR

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Accused:

2-Pair_Nelson

The accused are suspected of:

Other: Calling another player in game a "faggot" in response to a move this person did not like.

2013-03-27 13:16:42 - roshambeau: ah just saw that
2013-03-27 13:16:59 - roshambeau: i'll back off next turn
2013-03-27 13:18:09 - 2-Pair_Nelson: bourg works better for us all anyways
2013-03-27 13:19:35 - 2-Pair_Nelson: everyone likes to ruin things
2013-03-27 13:23:28 - 2-Pair_Nelson: foed
2013-03-27 13:23:37 - 2-Pair_Nelson: mega foed
2013-03-27 13:23:40 - 2-Pair_Nelson: what a faggot
2013-03-27 13:24:09 - roshambeau: pfft
2013-03-27 13:24:13 - igrockspock: ooooooo is that like double secret probation. f*ck you ass hole

Game number(s):

Game 12553841

Comments: The game chat in this game quickly turned quite negative. However, I find the use of this bigoted language in game chat particularly offensive, and it violates the Community Guidelines.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Re: 2-Pair_Nelson: Bigotry in Game Chat

Postby SaMejoHn on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:46 pm

ive said worse in game chat! go find it... ;) :lol:
Major SaMejoHn

Postby 2-Pair_Nelson on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:20 pm

As I told Metsfan, one persons use of a word is different than another persons.
I used the word as a synonym for idiot or moron because of the way igrockspock was playing.
I never said anything about him being "gay" because he made a ridiculous move and I certainly never said anything was wrong with being gay.
The rules state that trash talking an opponent is acceptable as long as it doesn't cross the line.
Metsfan was offended by my use of the word, I apologized and that was the end of that.
Captain 2-Pair_Nelson

Postby Symmetry on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:54 pm

2-Pair_Nelson wrote:As I told Metsfan, one persons use of a word is different than another persons.
I used the word as a synonym for idiot or moron because of the way igrockspock was playing.
I never said anything about him being "gay" because he made a ridiculous move and I certainly never said anything was wrong with being gay.
The rules state that trash talking an opponent is acceptable as long as it doesn't cross the line.
Metsfan was offended by my use of the word, I apologized and that was the end of that.

You are, however, aware that "faggot" is a homophobic slur, though right? I'm not sure that you're helping yourself by saying that you equate the phrase with idiocy.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2-Pair_Nelson on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Symmetry wrote: You are, however, aware that "faggot" is a homophobic slur, though right? I'm not sure that you're helping yourself by saying that you equate the phrase with idiocy.

Yes I am aware that people use that word to make negative remarks to gay people. I do not honestly know why this is a discussion because everyone and his brother has used the word to poke fun at another person, regardless of their sexual orientation. In no way, shape or form did I put him down for being gay. I said that he played like a moron. Plain and simple.
Captain 2-Pair_Nelson

Postby Just_essence on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:20 pm

In this world, nobody cares what the accused thinks the word means, even though that is a much more accurate way to determine whether they are a bigot or not. They care only of what the word could have been used for, regardless of the accused's intentions. And since the word could be used as a homophobic slur, which is bigotry...
Private Just_essence

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:33 pm

2-Pair_Nelson wrote:I said that he played like a moron. Plain and simple.

No you didn't. If you said he played like a moron, you would have used the word moron. Plain and simple.

Maybe this will be a learning experience for you to not be ignorant. Good thing you'll have hopefully learned this lesson somewhere that it won't negatively impact your life.
Major Bones2484

Re: 2-Pair_Nelson: Bigotry in Game Chat [Warned] DCR

Postby deathcomesrippin on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:55 am

2-pair_nelson is Warned for bigotry.

Regardless of whether you are using a word in a certain respect or not, it is still bigotry. It wouldn't be tolerated in a workplace, in public, in a restaurant, etc, so it won't be tolerated here.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby Symmetry on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:31 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
2-Pair_Nelson wrote:I said that he played like a moron. Plain and simple.

No you didn't. If you said he played like a moron, you would have used the word moron. Plain and simple.

Maybe this will be a learning experience for you to not be ignorant. Good thing you'll have hopefully learned this lesson somewhere that it won't negatively impact your life.

Well said.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby codierose on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Faggots is my all time favourite food with Gravy and chips awesome. Makes me chuckle every time it gets mentioned In this context
Major codierose

Postby greenoaks on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:57 pm

codierose wrote:Faggots is my all time favourite food with Gravy and chips awesome. Makes me chuckle every time it gets mentioned In this context

we use to suck a dozen or so faggots a day as kids. we thought it was cool to do so.
Sergeant greenoaks

Return to Closed C&A Reports