Conquer Club

Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:30 am

Hey guys!

I don't think there is any topic about his great show exclusively. i'd like to discuss it here a bit, but of course this could lead to massive spoilers... Has anyone watched the episode 2 of season 3 yet?
Last edited by betiko on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major betiko

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 am

I have, but I've only seen like 2 non-season 3 episodes so I'm still learning the plot.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:14 pm

betiko wrote:Hey guys!

I don't think there is any topic about his great show exclusively. i'd like to discuss it here a bit, but of course this could lead to massive spoilers... Has anyone watched the episode 2 of season 3 yet?

Yup. it was good, not great.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Symmetry wrote:

Yup, saw it today and realize I m really addicted... Didn t get my dosis of answers.

Spoiler alert!!!!!!
Who the hell was reed? Looks like Brann can trust these guys.
The tyrell queen... What the hell is she up to seriously? She seems like a hell of a great plotter. For good or bad I wonder!
No daeneris this episode!! How was she going to pay those mercenaries, giving a dragon away?
Theon: is he tortured by Robb s guys? I don t remember how he ended there.
The hound: I forgot what happened with him last.. Didn't he leave jeoffrey after the war for being such a pussy? This guy isn't such a big asshole, but he gives Aryen away at the end of the episode..
Kathlyn: is she going to plot against Robb? Looks like her knight and the lanister guy got caught by Robb s barons.. But they probably will escape on the next episode I bet.. I m sure that their relationship will evolve in a friendly way.
Major betiko

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Since I've read the books, I won't answer your questions... but I'll say this: You'll be surprised on almost every one of those.
Major Bones2484

Postby strike wolf on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:09 pm

betiko wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Yup, saw it today and realize I m really addicted... Didn t get my dosis of answers.

Spoiler alert!!!!!!
Who the hell was reed? Looks like Brann can trust these guys.

I'm not sure on this one but he does seem trustworthy. He may be a guide to helping Brann learn more about his connection to his visions.

The tyrell queen... What the hell is she up to seriously? She seems like a hell of a great plotter. For good or bad I wonder!
No daeneris this episode!! How was she going to pay those mercenaries, giving a dragon away?
Theon: is he tortured by Robb s guys? I don t remember how he ended there.

I'm assuming that the "bastard" Who was sent to gather him has him. I think after they knocked him out, his men turned them into him on the deal that he lets them escape. I imagine he lies about this to the Starks because he doesn't want to be the one to say that he agreed to let the people who burnt their city to the ground go. I could easily be wrong on this. I admit it's mostly speculation.

The hound: I forgot what happened with him last.. Didn't he leave jeoffrey after the war for being such a pussy? This guy isn't such a big asshole, but he gives Aryen away at the end of the episode..

Isn't it Arya? I was surprised that he gave her away. I don't think he's loyal to the Starks but from his interactions with the other Stark girl, I thought he was sympathetic to them. I don't think the guy who has her poses a serious threat to her yet...though he may use her as a bargaining chip later on.

Kathlyn: is she going to plot against Robb? Looks like her knight and the lanister guy got caught by Robb s barons.. But they probably will escape on the next episode I bet.. I m sure that their relationship will evolve in a friendly way.

Yeah that's going to be interesting. Admittedly, I was a bit disappointed in Jaime's fight...though I guess she was holding herself back from killing him and he had been undernourished (and kind of playing around with her instead of fighting seriously) for some time as well as having his hands cuffed, so I guess I shouldn't expect a good fight between them.

Overall, okay episode...looks like it will lead to better episodes to come.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm

yeah I don't know about the hound.... And what will happen to Arya (not Aryen sorry, so many names, once you're not watching you easily mess up). This is a strange character and you don't know what to expect from him. Definitely not loyal to the starks, but I still expected better from him. He also helped arya in king's landing if I remember well.

Maergery Tyrell she is freaking smart. She knows how to soften that dumbass jeoffrey. She was freaking smart with Renly back in the day, even if he was gay, she just wanted a child straight to the point even if it meant going to bed 3 way with his lover/her brother. What her and her grandma asked sansa with cakes... don't like that!!! big plot comming up for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if jeoffrey gets killed once she is married to him, then she accuses Sansa. I see her on the Throne. I see Jeoffrey's mother has no influence on him anymore and she sees what's comming.

Jamie and the blonde giant (gosh what was her name?). I'm not surprised she could kick his ass even in fair conditions. I got to say I start to like Jamie, he's a dick but he's pretty funny and very smart.

Yeah, this was a transitional episode, but since we've been waiting so long for this season (me at least) questions are starting to urge!!!
Major betiko

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Bones2484 wrote:Since I've read the books, I won't answer your questions... but I'll say this: You'll be surprised on almost every one of those.

Agreed. Great read!

Finally, a story where it's not "good v. evil" and "good triumphs over evil" crap.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:24 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:Since I've read the books, I won't answer your questions... but I'll say this: You'll be surprised on almost every one of those.

Agreed. Great read!

Finally, a story where it's not "good v. evil" and "good triumphs over evil" crap.

i thought he didn't finish the books though?
Major betiko

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:25 pm

betiko wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Agreed. Great read!

i thought he didn't finish the books though?

Not yet. Supposed to be two more.
Major Bones2484

Postby strike wolf on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:50 pm

betiko wrote:
Jamie and the blonde giant (gosh what was her name?). I'm not surprised she could kick his ass even in fair conditions. I got to say I start to like Jamie, he's a dick but he's pretty funny and very smart.

I'm not sure. They're both made out to be two of the better sword fighters in this series but I didn't get the impression that either was fighting to their full ability. It would be hard to say. Jaime's a skilled swordsman and quite clever and tricky. He wouldn't really fight completely fair. I also got the impression he was a bit quicker and more agile than her though that may have just been because she was wearing armor and he wasn't. The giant is also a very skilled swordswoman but a little more of a straight forward fighter and probably has Jaime beat in strength. It would be an interesting duel but I kind of think Jaime might win in an even matched fight not necessarily because he's the better fighter but probably because he'd do something underhanded like kick up dust or spit in her eye if he was losing...on the other hand he's arrogant to a fault so that could cost him.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby ooge on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:48 am

I have not read the books,only going of what I saw on the tube.I think I know how this whole mess will turn out.anyone care for me to post my opinion?
Captain ooge

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:47 am

ooge wrote:I have not read the books,only going of what I saw on the tube.I think I know how this whole mess will turn out.anyone care for me to post my opinion?

Let loose thy fingertips.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Degenerate Saint on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am

The Hound is part of the Lannister war kennel...and The Mountain is their prized mongrel. He is also a complete sociopath, and a truly evil human being. I think the accolades heaped upon him disgust the Hound, his Knighthood strikes him as akin to anointing an emotionless monster a saint, and the general bs and pomp of King's Landing under the false Baratheon boy king irritates him more and more. His duties, position, and allegiance nothing but a farce.

More than anything though, I think seeing the men burn in Blackwater Bay finally decided the matter for him. The Hound is not squeamish; not by a long shot. But his life is forever marked by living under the shadow of a brutal murderer who permanently deformed him by melting his face when he was a young boy. Seeing those men burn seemed to snap a wire long held taught to the breaking point, and the Hound is done being a mindless dog waiting to pounce at the snapping fingers of some self-adulating little prick masquerading as a king. Which means that he is actually PERFECT for the men who bring him in at the end of the episode. They just don't know the Lannister Leash has long left his neck. And if there is one person I want looking out for a Stark, it's the Hound. He does a REALLY good job of hiding it, but he has a human heart under all that ominous, menacing exterior he projects. Watching Sansa's innocence permanently drain from her being as she stared at her father's lifeless head (GodDAMMIT!) flipped a switch in him. He did something that probably terrifies him: he connected with another human being. And the source of that bond? Deep, description defying agony. That is turning into a vicious little crew: (I'm terrible with names and spelling so correct my errors.) Robert Baratheon is a lout and a drunk when we meet him, but it seems pretty clear that be was a dangerous bastard before the booze and the Iron Throne dulled his edge. His bastard son (name eludes me) is no joke: He's going to absolutely slaughter people. Arya is just all around bad ass...and also has a coin on her that will summon an EXTREMELY dangerous person. Add the Hound...that's a formidable group.

I have NO idea who has Theon.

The Tyrell's are hard to pin down. They are clever...and maybe less trustworthy than they appear.

Bran is potentially one of the most dangerous people in the Realm. He has power that terrifies even the Wildling women (who is awesome...can't remember her name.). She's tough as nails though...and Bran's dreams scare the shit out of her. As for the other two...I think they are trustworthy...but have their own agenda. I don't know if they want to use Bran, or join powers with him.

Jon Snow IS a Stark. Manse Rayder and Jon are probably my favorite storyline of this season right now. That scene last week made me harbor some pretty strong disdain for Katylin. Two vids:

1 YEAR

++I'm not accepting any game invites for a little while. Going to let my current slate of games run down, then take about a month off.++
Lieutenant Degenerate Saint

Postby ooge on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:53 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:I have not read the books,only going of what I saw on the tube.I think I know how this whole mess will turn out.anyone care for me to post my opinion?

I dont know if you would call it a bait and switch Tactic. but I think the War, the dragons, all this infighting going on,is not going to mean a hill of beans when the white walkers start moving.Its the whole Alien attack theory against the planet All of a sudden you find yourself being able to get along with the North Koreans.
Captain ooge

Postby Degenerate Saint on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:54 am

I haven't read the books yet, and I'm glad I haven't. There's no way I'd enjoy the show as much as I do otherwise. I'd always be complaining about stuff that gets left out. The next vid is about House Clegan (sic?). It was a season two extra. Thoroughly awesome, but potential spoiler stuff so take caution. I was glad I watched it personally.

1 YEAR

++I'm not accepting any game invites for a little while. Going to let my current slate of games run down, then take about a month off.++

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:55 am

ooge wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

I dont know if you would call it a bait and switch Tactic. but I think the War, the dragons, all this infighting going on,is not going to mean a hill of beans when the white walkers start moving.Its the whole Alien attack theory against the planet All of a sudden you find yourself being able to get along with the North Koreans.

I've heard that the TV series follows the books very closely!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:59 am

Degenerate Saint wrote:I haven't read the books yet, and I'm glad I haven't. There's no way I'd enjoy the show as much as I do otherwise. I'd always be complaining about stuff that gets left out. The next vid is about House Clegan (sic?). It was a season two extra. Thoroughly awesome, but potential spoiler stuff so take caution. I was glad I watched it personally.

I've read the books and watch the series every now and then. It's still a great series! Probably the best I've seen on TV. The problem is that I know what's gonna happen.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby ooge on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:05 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

I've heard that the TV series follows the books very closely!

Uh oh..I think I just ruined it for myself :shock: :lol:
Captain ooge

Postby TheSaxlad on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:12 am

Having read the books (Primarily because I watched the first series BEFORE I read the first book and really didnt like the first book because of it...) The series follows the books uber-closely, which I think is great, because your effectively losing nothing from the books- Im glad they did it this way and not in a set of films, because no way would a film allow for all this character development and plot development.

Also did anyone get the vibe that Ep.2 S3 was written by a women? Jaime got beat down by The Woman Knight, Tyrion got bitch slapped by Shae for being with other women, both women in Brans group are the weapons holders, The Tyrells (Id love to see grandma vs Tywin Lannister :D ) and maergery managed to get round joffrey, basically by spoiling him like a kid (which he is), in other girl news Arya is the leader of that little group, whilst Joffrey was put down by women twice in one day by his mother even with the "Intelligent women do what their told" remark.

I thought it was quite interesting :)
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby ooge on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:17 am

TheSaxlad wrote:Having read the books (Primarily because I watched the first series BEFORE I read the first book and really didnt like the first book because of it...) The series follows the books uber-closely, which I think is great, because your effectively losing nothing from the books- Im glad they did it this way and not in a set of films, because no way would a film allow for all this character development and plot development.

Also did anyone get the vibe that Ep.2 S3 was written by a women? Jaime got beat down by The Woman Knight, Tyrion got bitch slapped by Shae for being with other women, both women in Brans group are the weapons holders, The Tyrells (Id love to see grandma vs Tywin Lannister :D ) and maergery managed to get round joffrey, basically by spoiling him like a kid (which he is), in other girl news Arya is the leader of that little group, whilst Joffrey was put down by women twice in one day by his mother even with the "Intelligent women do what their told" remark.

WOW..when you point it out it is obvious is'nt it.
Captain ooge

Postby Degenerate Saint on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:42 am

TheSaxlad wrote:Also did anyone get the vibe that Ep.2 S3 was written by a women? Jaime got beat down by The Woman Knight, Tyrion got bitch slapped by Shae for being with other women, both women in Brans group are the weapons holders, The Tyrells (Id love to see grandma vs Tywin Lannister :D ) and maergery managed to get round joffrey, basically by spoiling him like a kid (which he is), in other girl news Arya is the leader of that little group, whilst Joffrey was put down by women twice in one day by his mother even with the "Intelligent women do what their told" remark.

Heh...you know, women have always played a heavily prominent role in the series, but yeah, now that you mention it, I could totally see that. Probably why it was on the weaker end of all episodes to date. (I kid, I kid. Sorta lol.)

Some of the women are my favorite characters, though. Arya obviously, and Ms. Stormborne naturally. Heh, I actually love that brief scene from the first series when the old woman starts telling Bran about the White Walkers.

Jamie's escort is kinda meh for me. She's alright, just not über intriguing to me at the moment. She's a dangerous foe with a sword no doubt...maybe she'll grow more interesting as time goes on. Actually really like the Wildling that first brings Snow to Rayder...she's got some grit to her. And the woman guarding Bran is pretty nails, too.

The Tyrell Queen to be is crafty as sin. She's not bad. Her grandmother is better. Robb's wife I can do without, but whatever. Classic love entanglement. That will be a problem later on at least.

I actually loved the scene with Sansa on the bridge. She lost about 40 pounds of naïveté and innocence right there, and grew about 20 degrees colder. Lady Stark has not been pleasing me lately. Which is exactly what Ned said before knocking up Jon's wife, apparently.

Actually, I kinda like Theon's sister tbh. She's a pretty hard woman. The Iron Islanders are not an easy lot to command respect from. Theon himself can die a million excruciating deaths, though. (Random...but I LOVED the return of Barristan Selmy. He's a BAD man. In a good way.)

1 YEAR

Postby aage on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am

show: trespassers will be spoiled

Women may be prominent but I like strong women. It makes them even more sexy, even though honestly I think Daenerys isn't very good-looking.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby spurgistan on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:06 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Degenerate Saint wrote:I haven't read the books yet, and I'm glad I haven't. There's no way I'd enjoy the show as much as I do otherwise. I'd always be complaining about stuff that gets left out. The next vid is about House Clegan (sic?). It was a season two extra. Thoroughly awesome, but potential spoiler stuff so take caution. I was glad I watched it personally.

I've read the books and watch the series every now and then. It's still a great series! Probably the best I've seen on TV. The problem is that I know what's gonna happen.

Well, you know what's gonna happen in the books. What happens in the show is often different (although the trend does seem to be more to jam characters together i.e. Davos's five sons becoming one than real substansive differences)and I happen to think the show does an awesome job of adding and subtracting from G.R.R Martin's universe.
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:41 am

ooge wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Maybe...I think the Targaryen girl coming over with dragons and a massive army would have more of that effect. If anything, I think the White Walkers are going to remain a northern problem for a while. I kind of see John Snow (one of my favorite characters as well) being involved in an epic battle to drive them back from the Wall (but not ultimately defeat them).

Cadet strike wolf

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,