Conquer Club

Krazy Kingdoms [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Postby Gilligan on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:59 pm

EricPhail wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
EricPhail wrote:Might be worth noting the oddity
As dolomite said they could be useful for spotter territories

but this isn't the only map with conditional borders :)

True - what I meant was finding out what was weird, creating a new xml based on that as an additional option and then fixing conditional (if that was possible). Fixing it is obviously the priority here, but a new feature as a result of a glitch would be funny

Yeah, perhaps it's something we could code in the future.
Captain Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Gilligan wrote:Here is an XML update. I have added the conditions for starting territories and added a neutral to D1 that was missing.

I saw the conditional from J1 to S4 but do we need conditionals the other direction so when you have both sides you can reinforce either direction?

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Also noticed the map is listed as "Krazy Kingdom" missing the letter "s" on the end on the dropdown and elsewhere on the site.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby Gilligan on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:51 pm

dolomite13 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Here is an XML update. I have added the conditions for starting territories and added a neutral to D1 that was missing.

I saw the conditional from J1 to S4 but do we need conditionals the other direction so when you have both sides you can reinforce either direction?

=D13=

Good catch
Attachments
KFinal.xml
(68.35 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Captain Gilligan

Postby EricPhail on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:39 am

Game 13378221

My opponent dropped 2 land territories and one less feature for some reason (a glitch surely)
Sergeant 1st Class EricPhail

Postby Gilligan on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:56 am

EricPhail wrote:Game 13378221

My opponent dropped 2 land territories and one less feature for some reason (a glitch surely)

Yes, waiting for an XML update to go live.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Gilligan on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:33 am

Also, the conditional border bug seems to be fixed.
Captain Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:16 am

In a 2 player game it should be 3 specials per player.Or at least that's how I understand it.

11 specials (11/3) 3 per player and 5 neutral but I have had a drop of 4 specials but I didn't get any additional land.

My only real concerns thus far are that The Bomb 7n, Forbiddden Lands 20n, and neutral 5 territories should be beefed up a bit to maybe Bomb 13n, forbidden lands 30n, and 5's to 7's. This is based on the speed I have seen people be eliminated in 2 player games. I did manage to get away from an opponent via a cavern as dwellers but not for long. The bonuses and lucky rolls can cause a lopsided battle in 2 player for sure and a few more neutrals may help balance the early game just a bit.

Anyway off to do vacation stuff. I will check in again later today.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:31 pm

Loving it so far dolomite, nice work, and thank you.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Gilligan on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:50 pm

It's fog, can't see it.
Captain Gilligan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Gilligan wrote:It's fog, can't see it.

The gameplay has since changed, so it's all okay now. Originally, since games were starting with 1 piece of land each, once it was taken the other player was dead, but it changed to 2.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jigger1986 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:30 pm

I just want to say Im loving this map!
During development I had no interest, but after 2 games I was hooked.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:01 pm

I am starting to think that max starting positions should be set to 2 not 1. Its way too easy to have bad rolls and get slaughtered in only a few rounds.

2-4 player games would be 2 each.
5-8 would be 1 each.

Also I am still confused am I wrong in thinking that when you have 11 territories that are random drop that a fictitious 3rd player is included in the calculation so with 11 it is 11/3 or 3 each with 3 going to player 1, 3 to player 2, and 5 set as neutral? I am getting 4 in 2 player games.

hmmmmmm.....

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:03 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:

The gameplay has since changed, so it's all okay now. Originally, since games were starting with 1 piece of land each, once it was taken the other player was dead, but it changed to 2.

What changed to 2?

=D13=
Cook dolomite13

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:09 am

dolomite13 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

What changed to 2?

=D13=

Starting territories. My first couple of 1v1s there were just one each but it changed to 2, which is better, but puzzled me as to why my opponent wasn't dead at the time.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:39 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

What changed to 2?

=D13=

Starting territories. My first couple of 1v1s there were just one each but it changed to 2, which is better, but puzzled me as to why my opponent wasn't dead at the time.

but that's like the 12th ability, right, start with 2 terts instead of having one of the 11 side ones?

and yes dolomite, very interesting map!
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:52 am

betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

What changed to 2?

=D13=

but that's like the 12th ability, right, start with 2 terts instead of having one of the 11 side ones?

I'm getting so confused! Haha. Yeah that's correct. Interestingly, I'm in a doubles where my partner has 2 starting positions and I have 1 - could make for interesting games.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Gilligan on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:16 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

What changed to 2?

=D13=

I'm getting so confused! Haha. Yeah that's correct. Interestingly, I'm in a doubles where my partner has 2 starting positions and I have 1 - could make for interesting games.

As stated the D1 start is a mistake and waiting to be uploaded
Captain Gilligan

Postby jigger1986 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:03 am

Adding a 2nd starting position per player would be nice.
Im rather confused as to how the Horde can be used, could you (or someone) please explain how it can be attacked?
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:38 am

jigger1986 wrote:Adding a 2nd starting position per player would be nice.
Im rather confused as to how the Horde can be used, could you (or someone) please explain how it can be attacked?

Your favored territories are adjacent it so if you are yeti then all 4 tundra are adjacent.

D13
Cook dolomite13

Postby betiko on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:58 am

Well i still think that the +1 tert for the 12th ability is pretty cool. I m in a trips game where everyone has 2 abilities, including the +1 tert. Don t know if it s balanced.
Major betiko

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:14 am

Dolomite, for what it's worth I've started 3 or 4 games on the map so far and I'm beginning to wonder if it'd be worthwhile to have the starting territories start with 5 instead of 3. As it is now, you've got to roll a 4 vs. 3 and often enough it means you don't take a territory the first turn, which slows the game down and makes it possible for someone else to get a distinct advantage early in the game if they don't get screwed by dice.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Donelladan on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:35 am

Well i still think that the +1 tert for the 12th ability is pretty cool. I m in a trips game where everyone has 2 abilities, including the +1 tert. Don t know if it s balanced.

Definitely unbalanced !!
I think you can die too easily on that map.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:31 am

Donelladan wrote:

Definitely unbalanced !!
I think you can die too easily on that map.

The extra territory is definitely a bug. And yes the map is unbalanced. The goal of the map was to create a more master level map where plays would need to identify which p,Ayer got the good start and diplomacy would be needed to stop that player. In 2 player games it is pret much just unfair at that point. I am considering a max of 2 start positions which would help.

D13
Cook dolomite13

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas