Conquer Club

[Official] D&D Mafia ~ Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] D&D Mafia ~ D3 ~ 11/19

Postby strike wolf on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:57 pm

rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I know all about cases based on slips of tongue. Every now and then I am right about them too.

This one on rishaed seems a stretch.

I have also been wanting to vote rishaed, since I don't like the post-scene clutter he filled up the thread with. It was explained in 1 post why it is unlikely that there is a janitor, and then he spent nearly a whole page trying to make the proof fit into his janitor pudding.

vote rishaed

for not wanting to challenge his preconceived notions of the game. Are they preconceived because they are mafiastic?

Then, how else would you explain why some roles have been given and other roles are in ??? format? It was just the only thing that makes sense to me. I am willing to drop it, but seriously speaking can you think of another role/reason on why the two would be different? Because if you can give me a decent explanation I am more than willing to consider it. I just haven't been given any other options to consider.

We have given reasonable explanations for why it doesn't appear to be the janitor and how it seems to be a game mechanic.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:27 pm

rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I know all about cases based on slips of tongue. Every now and then I am right about them too.

This one on rishaed seems a stretch.

I have also been wanting to vote rishaed, since I don't like the post-scene clutter he filled up the thread with. It was explained in 1 post why it is unlikely that there is a janitor, and then he spent nearly a whole page trying to make the proof fit into his janitor pudding.

vote rishaed

for not wanting to challenge his preconceived notions of the game. Are they preconceived because they are mafiastic?

Then, how else would you explain why some roles have been given and other roles are in ??? format? It was just the only thing that makes sense to me. I am willing to drop it, but seriously speaking can you think of another role/reason on why the two would be different? Because if you can give me a decent explanation I am more than willing to consider it. I just haven't been given any other options to consider.

Resurrection is a common theme in DnD. It is probably so that whoever is doing the rezzing doesnt get perfect information to work with.

Just a guess, I don`t actually know.

I used ???s when there was a time travel mechanic.

On other sites, they play like that sometimes, just dark mode games.

Never mind the anti-janitor spiel.

It isn`t a very common role.
Two of the 3 players were endgamed, NOT killed.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Mass prod, please?
General Rodion

Postby rishaed on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:36 pm

I've started two various posts on inactivity/response to DY, but keep getting distracted before I finish them...
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:37 am

rishaed wrote:I've started two various posts on inactivity/response to DY, but keep getting distracted before I finish them...

Save post is your friend, my friend.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 am

Sorry I thought I had posted a couple of days ago. Anyways, I'm good with the Rishaed case. I'm not sure about the comment that Aage mentioned about killing the cult recruiter but the bandwagoning seems legitimate.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:57 am

Lets make sure this keeps moving, deadline is in a week remember.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby rishaed on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:11 am

DoomYoshi wrote:I have also been wanting to vote rishaed, since I don't like the post-scene clutter he filled up the thread with. It was explained in 1 post why it is unlikely that there is a janitor, and then he spent nearly a whole page trying to make the proof fit into his janitor pudding.

If you would notice however that plenty of people could have stepped in in that page to page n a half. And it wasn't straight up janitor discussion. It went from janitor to Cult/Dragon discussion. And seeing as it was for the most part me and SW talking over a few days, I don't see where people could have stepped in. And since when can't I flesh out an opinion more thoroughly? Posting is a good thing and it was about the only thing to discuss on. The game is dying or mostly dead right now and if we can't get people to post in here then I will not let myself become a policy lynch because of inactivity. I was just arguing the seeming discrepency, but am willing to let game mechanic slide right now. Its called one post from one person doesn't mean something is fact, otherwise known as my word vs your word in court.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Epitaph1 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:01 am

I have been slammed this week with work and RL. I still want to re-read some of rishaed's votes and the janitor discussion--although, I don't know what Plan B is if we don't at least get a claim from rishaed.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:56 am

rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I have also been wanting to vote rishaed, since I don't like the post-scene clutter he filled up the thread with. It was explained in 1 post why it is unlikely that there is a janitor, and then he spent nearly a whole page trying to make the proof fit into his janitor pudding.

If you would notice however that plenty of people could have stepped in in that page to page n a half. And it wasn't straight up janitor discussion. It went from janitor to Cult/Dragon discussion. And seeing as it was for the most part me and SW talking over a few days, I don't see where people could have stepped in. And since when can't I flesh out an opinion more thoroughly? Posting is a good thing and it was about the only thing to discuss on. The game is dying or mostly dead right now and if we can't get people to post in here then I will not let myself become a policy lynch because of inactivity. I was just arguing the seeming discrepency, but am willing to let game mechanic slide right now. Its called one post from one person doesn't mean something is fact, otherwise known as my word vs your word in court.

And so are you important enough for this to be a bad thing?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:26 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
rishaed wrote:

And so are you important enough for this to be a bad thing?

Not really, in terms I'm only a minor role from the other claims i've seen, but despite that I'm not exactly expendable right now. In any terms the discussion was dying so I don't care how much attention that I've gotten, because if it kept things from completely dying it was worth it.

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Meh. I`ll buy into your bluff. If you end up being a Chaot though, I will never forgive you.

unovte

vote epitaph

I`d rather have the vote somewhere than nowhere, and I can`t remember one thing he has contributed this game.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:50 pm

I want prods on people including TFO, dazza, and a few others.... >:( Don't make me find you. Either that or replacement. This game has sufficiently gone nowhere the last 3 days that I've checked and I would expect at least a few posts from everyone during that time period, especially because of the fact that this is an official game. EDOC CAN WE GET A MASS PROD ON EVERYONE PLEASE??!!!!

Postby edocsil on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:26 pm

If people don't plan on reading the game thread more than once every few days in an official game they should expect to get modkilled. I'll massprod once but If I have to do it again I will just modkill those I cannot replace. Sorry for the few of you that get prodded who are posting.
Edoc'sil

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:58 am

As I mentioned in the other game i'm in, i've been swamped the last few days. I legit just got home (2 am!!!).

I read when I get a chance, but nothing truly sticks as i'm quickly reading to stay up to date. I "Hope" to make a post tomorrow. If not, Friday for sure.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 am

Man..... this sucks that even this got rolled back......
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby aage on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:33 am

Who is the person responsible for deleting my large post and how can I kill him?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:36 am

Edoc - can you modkill bighwham? ;)
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Rodion on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:25 am

Did we lose much? The only relevant post I remember was Animaniack's.
General Rodion

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:48 am

I don`t think we lost anything... just a bunch of ppl... sorry i am too busy to play
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:49 am

What the hell did I miss?

Oh, data loss/rollbacks. Lovely. The rule about having a post in the thread and modkilling still stands. TBH, I will kill/replace if the post is only "well gosh, I just don't have the time right now."
Edoc'sil

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Rodion wrote:Did we lose much? The only relevant post I remember was Animaniack's.

You remember correctly. Most of the posts before mine that I saw were apologising for busyness.

For those that didn't see mine, the best replicate I can give is:
"Sorry, but really busy with work as well. My workplace is having an audit coming up, so we're busy preparing for that.

The general impression I get for now while reading through is that rishaed doesn't seem like scum. There were only 2 votes on him the entire time, and if he were scum, it'd have been easy for his scum buddy to divert the attention to another player by creating an alternate wagon, especially when not many of the others were convinced enough to put their vote on rishaed. It seems more like the scum were more than happy to let rishaed slide as an easy mislynch due to inactivity from everyone in general. And by 'scum' I mean those that are Evil-aligned; he may still be Chaotic of course."
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Godammit. Now i'm busy tonight. I swear I'll get one in tonight or tomorrow. DONT KILL ME D:
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:40 pm

aage wrote:Who is the person responsible for deleting my large post and how can I kill him?

Ditto for my reply ):<
That being said I've already hinted more at alignment. I don't have to be either lawful/chaotic alignment. However I was putting any petty interests aside D2 b/c cult was still alive at that point. D1, well I'm never keen on doing a random lynch. And as for stubbs i wasn't buying his actions/claim with regards to alignment. (Yes I was wrong there.) I would be more interested in knowing why you seem so focused on me currently, but since you are already pretty much confirmed I'm not going to push the issue with you b/c its a waste of time.
MOD: IS the Deadline still Oct. 8th?
If so there are four days until the deadline... I'm going to try and make a quick VC:
rishaed (1)-aage
Ephitaph (1)- DY

Postby Epitaph1 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Well, 10:45 pm on a Friday night may be my best chance to post, so it will have to do.

I looked back on Aage's case on rishaed and I don't think it's very solid. It feels more like a "I don't know what else to do" kind of a case, which sadly may be what this game has come to. rishaed didn't do anything that made me think he was town-aligned (i.e. not evil) for certain, but nothing jumped out at me that suggested he was scummier than anyone else. However, I think Aage's line of thinking that we pressure the lesser contributors may be our best bet since we don't have any hard evidence to go on from night actions.

Here's where we stand on claims:

show

We have 9 people who haven't claimed (including TFO and Mob, who we know only a bit about) and I would think that there are at least 3 scum in this game, possibly four. Due to everyone's simultaneous busy real lives, we may only get one claim today with the deadline approaching early next week. That's not a great scenario because we will either lynch the person if we don't believe him/her or have a no lynch if we believe the claim.

Aage suggested rishaed, who I'm not opposed to pressuring, but I think there is another candidate who is more deserving if our cases are going to be built on a person's activity/contribution: Skillful

Skillful's activity had been petering off even before everyone else went dormant and he's basically nowhere to be found today (aside from 1 post). Prior to today, he was hopping along the wagons (Aage then Stubbs. . .although Stubbs had it coming) and maintaining a level of participation that was pretty minimal. If I had to put his contributions in quotes since page 30, I don't think it would fill half a page. In sum, he's been flying under the radar at least since page 30, which is when I started my review.

Vote Skillful

fp'd at this hour. . .
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives