Anyone with one slot available at all times can sign up!
Do you have a knack for swaying people to your side? Do you know how to pull people from sitting on the fence over to your side? Are you skillful in manuevering your way around stubborn people who refuse to take sides? Well then, this tournament is for you!
Welcome to the major tournament in a series of tournaments called Nothing But Neutral Ground!
In many maps we have on CC, the neutral territories play an integral role in the gameplay of the map. In these maps, the neutral territories usually take up more than half of the territories, and in some cases, even close to all of them! This series of tournaments celebrates the key role of these neutral troops and territories, and tests how well you are able to sway these neutral territories to serve your purpose, or neglect them if they are of no use to you.
For this tournament, the full pool of maps that can be used are found below, with a total of 25 possible maps.
This entire tournament will take place over 5 rounds. The top 32 players by CC points will be seeded, and the rest of the players will be randomly assigned into the bracket using random.org. When signing up, players will select their home settings, which includes the Map, Spoils, Fortifications, and Fog. All other settings will be kept to Standard, Automatic, Sequential.
If there are more than 64 signups, there will be playoffs for the players with the lowest CC points to get our top 64.
The first four Rounds will follow a 1v1 best of 3 structure. The games for each round will be played on each player's home map. If necessary, the third game will be played on a random map from the map pool, apart from the 2 already selected by the players. Settings for the third map will be Standard, Automatic, Sequential, Flat Rate, Chained, Sunny.
In the fifth round, the remaining 4 players were the different portions of the bracket will play three 1v1 games against each of the other players, making a total of nine 1v1 games. Similar to the previous rounds, the maps will be played on each player's home map, their opponent's home map, and random maps from the pool that were not chosen by any of the four finalists.
The player with the most number of games won in the final round will be crowned the winner for having swayed the neutrals to their side!
When signing up, please include the your home map settings of Map, Spoils, Fortifications, and Fog. If this is not indicated, a random map will be assigned to you at the start of the tournament, along with Flat Rate, Chained, Sunny settings.
If you wish to make a change after signing up, please make another post in the thread to inform me of the change, or send me a PM. Do note that no changes will be entertained after the tournament begins.
The tournament requires 64 players to begin, but can take in more depending on demand for spots.
General Achievement Medal
There will be a General Achievement Medal up for grabs, having spanned the duration of the franchise so far.
To win the General Achievement Medal, you'll have to accumulate the most Manipulative Power points. This is how you can get Manipulative Power points:-
1. Winning a normal Nothing But Neutral Ground tournament gives 1 Manipulative Power point per tournament won.
2. At the end of 20 individual tournaments, a large scale tournament will be held, having 64 to 128 players.
- Spots in the top 64 will be reserved for all previous winners.
- Top 4 players will earn 2 Manipulative Power points each.
- Eventual winner will earn an additional 1 Manipulative Power points.
- More details of the tournament will come out when it actually is run.
So what are you waiting for! Stop standing on neutral ground, and choose to sign up now!
Past Tournament Winners
1. I reserve the right to change aspects of the game if anything needs changing, to ensure fairness to all players or for the benefit of the tournament.
2. If you wish to withdraw from the tournament at any time, please inform me via personal message or post on this thread.
3. Ignore list is ignored in my tournament. If there's anybody that's in your ignore list then you have to remove him/her while playing in my tournament.
4. Alliances are not allowed.
5. If you do not join the game within 48 hours, you will be replaced.
6. If you are know you are not going to be around for a duration of time, please inform me. If the period of time is short enough, I will delay all of your games.
7. Reserves will only be used for Round 1. In Rounds 2 onwards, the player that was defeated by the player who dropped out will be used as the replacement.
8. For any questions, problems etc. you may voice it out in this thread or you can PM me.