Poll ended at Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:54 am

- Flat Rate
78%
- Escalating
22%

Total votes : 32

Re: Band of Brothers Super CUP ***FULL***

Postby plurple on Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:43 am

that's fine I was more meaning a function in the spreadsheet that counts the number of lines i.e. matches minus the results and that would tell everyone easily how many games are left to be recorded :D but is call if not :D thought it was a nice easy addition :)
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Clanlord Carl on Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:01 pm

The Clanlord needs a 'bye' like a fish needs a bicycle......
Colonel Clanlord Carl

Postby Tviorr on Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:38 pm

Well a fish would be grateful if someone gave it a bicycle to escape that big mouth of yours :P
Major Tviorr

Postby Craig25 on Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:44 am

Fighting Talk..................

Carl will not take this lying down Tviorr.............................. :D

Tviorr wrote:Well a fish would be grateful if someone gave it a bicycle to escape that big mouth of yours :P
Colonel Craig25

Postby Tviorr on Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:01 am

Not quite sure... can he even get up unaided with the weight of that big mouth and a fish and a bicycle on top of it...? :P :roll:
Major Tviorr

Postby Tviorr on Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:11 am

Apologies are in order though. - Looks like I wont be able to get another elimination notch in my gun. Its not quite over, but barring a missed turn, Im thinking my esteemed opponent is that half step ahead on Oasis thats almost impossible to claw back.

That leaves me with a measly 1 point for the round, so only going to get to 5 total. On the upside it looks like Ill get another attempt next round as I should be missing the BYES. Guess I could go help Clanlord out from under that fish and bicycle... Naaah :P
Major Tviorr

Postby Clanlord Carl on Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:29 am

Tviorr wrote:Well a fish would be grateful if someone gave it a bicycle to escape that big mouth of yours :P

Do you know what Fish with big mouths do with tiddlers like you Tivorr ?

Here a little tale about the adventures of Tivorr the tiddler.

Tivorr the tiddler's tall tales.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iX4xyDfzhUY
Colonel Clanlord Carl

Postby Tviorr on Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:42 am

Hmmm lets see - fish gets to go on an adventure, gets lost but the tall tale leads him home...

Not too sure what bearing that has here, but thank you for sharing your age appropriate litterature. Im sure that if you keep at it and practice hard, you will be able to read it yourself before the summer vacation. =D>
Major Tviorr

Postby Clanlord Carl on Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:28 pm

Tviorr wrote:Hmmm lets see - fish gets to go on an adventure, gets lost but the tall tale leads him home...

Not too sure what bearing that has here, but thank you for sharing your age appropriate litterature. Im sure that if you keep at it and practice hard, you will be able to read it yourself before the summer vacation. =D>

Really hoped you enjoyed the story Tivorr the tiddler.
Colonel Clanlord Carl

Postby Tviorr on Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:36 pm

Yeah, well. I guess the tall tales will lead me home. Cup Trophy could be waiting there, I suppose. Thank you for recognizing my talents and good looks. :D
Major Tviorr

Postby Tviorr on Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Just out of curiosity. - When Ive won the cup trophy, how many points do I get for the Hall of fame and do I get to name the trophy? :P
Major Tviorr

Postby Craig25 on Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:08 am

This is actually a good point. It is interrupting the quality Trash Talk though!

But anyway. Points for Cup Win, it can't be as much as the points for the Premier but it should be decent. I am thinking 15 Points which is the most you can win in a League while being promoted into the Premier at the same time. What do you all think?

And no, you will not get to name the Trophy. Super League and Super Cup is the way we roll! :D

Tviorr wrote:Just out of curiosity. - When Ive won the cup trophy, how many points do I get for the Hall of fame and do I get to name the trophy? :P
Colonel Craig25

Postby Tviorr on Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:14 pm

Not sure. All joking and banter aside, hmmmm. -

Are we still expecting the cup to last what 2,5 seasons? and hmmm is it harder to win one of the top leagues than stepping over pretty much every single active player in the leagues to win the cup?

It takes a number of seasons to get to the top leagues and thus have a chance at winning them. - I think I started in hmm 18 and went 16, 13, 11, 8, 5 and looking like the best bet is 2 next season. Thats 7 seasons played just to get to League 2. - Could have been 2 leagues higher if it had been all titles, but Im thinking that requires luck on top of a bit of talent and strategy. - 8-10 seasons to get to the premier seems reasonable for a player that has skill enough to play in the premier league to get there... at the time. - What is it now. League 27 and 2 more for 29 leagues?

So it takes a lot of time to get to the top leagues at this point, on the other hand you get an increasing score for taking a title, so the time underway is likely to accrue some hall of fame points. But yeah, from this vantage point it would seem a bit less than the very top titles.

On the other hand, winning the cup is an all or nothing shot that requires beating out all opposition and it comes around only once every 2,5 seasons. - It is however possible for a league 27 player to win it and the setup means that low league players can get into seeded positions as early as round 2 if they do well against a probably difficult round 1 draw.

Not really sure what number that points at, but re-reading the above, Im thinking yeah, Id say no lower than 15, so perhaps in the 15-30 spread somewhere depending on how you land on the comparative difficulty and time invested etc. You could do a vote, I suppose. If you do, maybe a double vote, one in the League forum and one in the cup forum and if theres a difference then find away to decide it?

And then of course give the points to me in advance as we have seen the Clanlord argue successfully that the Tall Tales will bring the Cup home to the Tiddler... =D>
Major Tviorr

Postby Craig25 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:50 am

A couple of points:

-I think the rationale that the Cup will last 2.5 Seasons is way way off.

-Not every Super League Player entered the Cup (167 did which is 64% roughly allowing for KICKED and RETIRING Players)

-My intention is to make it so that almost all League Players enter the Cup (players will still be able to opt out though)

-Extra Promotions are to help players reach the Premier in a one off competition but the number of Promotions in Cup should not be higher than what you could gain in League (so it shouldn't be more than 3 per Season for how ever many Seasons the Cup will Last, and quite possibly it should be less if a Player from the Top Leagues wins it). Problem is that we could have multiple cup winners carrying over extra promotions into every Season, and that would start to get messy.

-So using the above rationale if the Cup offers a Bonus to help players reach the Premier, points for winning it should not be equal to or higher than the Points you get for Winning the Premier. I am liking 15 because it is the MAX Pints you get for a 3 League Promotion into the Premier.

-For nuance decisions on structure, polls are not the way to go. Polls are best used for Big Decisions that are easy to explain.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Craig25 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:46 am

I also should say, Cup and League are Separate Tournaments, should the CUP winner get any points in the Super LEAGUE Hall of Fame?

The Cup helps them get closer to the Top Tables, where more Hall of Fame Points can be earned faster...........
Colonel Craig25

Postby Clanlord Carl on Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:19 pm

Craig25 wrote:I also should say, Cup and League are Separate Tournaments, should the CUP winner get any points in the Super LEAGUE Hall of Fame?

The Cup helps them get closer to the Top Tables, where more Hall of Fame Points can be earned faster...........

Quote frankly who looks at 'the hall of fame' anyway. Everyone knows there is only one truly 'famous' player in super league and he isnt the tiddler.
Colonel Clanlord Carl

Postby Craig25 on Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:51 am

It is okay to give me Compliments without having a dig at Tviorr....................... :D

Clanlord Carl wrote:
Craig25 wrote:I also should say, Cup and League are Separate Tournaments, should the CUP winner get any points in the Super LEAGUE Hall of Fame?

Quote frankly who looks at 'the hall of fame' anyway. Everyone knows there is only one truly 'famous' player in super league and he isnt the tiddler.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Tviorr on Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:01 pm

Its never okay to give you compliments ;)

Im thinking that the Super League and the Cup is connected, so I would say points. Its your tourney so when all is said and done you decide if and how many points should apply.

As for the super 1o league promotion to the cup winner, Im thinking that an easy way to avoid too much mess would be to only allow one active super promotion. - In other words when the next cup winner is found, the previous cup winners remaining super promotions are negated. - A cup winner would have to spend his/her promotions while still being the reigning cup winner...?
Major Tviorr

Postby Clanlord Carl on Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:22 am

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of players. Will i get another 'really useful' bye ?
Colonel Clanlord Carl

Postby Craig25 on Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:29 am

I see you managed to sneak your way back into the Premier by finishing 3rd in The Championship Carl................ :D You need to try to replicate your Cup form in the League, but, the Premier is where all the Top Players do their business so I reckon you could struggle again...............You think you could stay up this time? :D

Tviorr - Yeah, that is a good idea on the 1 Active SUPER CUP PROMOTION. So yeah, maybe Keep it at 10 League Promotion and do that. Also make the change that Cup Entry is automatic for Super League Players next time round unless you 'Opt Out'. And also, I am thinking a mojor change. Each round make it 4 Games, 1 each on HOME Map and 2 Sunny on 2 FIXED RANDOM MAPS. 3 Points for 4-0, 2 Points for 3-1, 1 Point for 2-2 and you get KO'd for losing 1-3 or 0-4.

Thoughts Guys?

Clanlord Carl wrote:Now I am become Death, the destroyer of players. Will i get another 'really useful' bye ?
Colonel Craig25

Postby Clanlord Carl on Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:00 am

Craig25 wrote:I see you managed to sneak your way back into the Premier by finishing 3rd in The Championship Carl................ :D You need to try to replicate your Cup form in the League, but, the Premier is where all the Top Players do their business so I reckon you could struggle again...............You think you could stay up this time? :D

Tviorr - Yeah, that is a good idea on the 1 Active SUPER CUP PROMOTION. So yeah, maybe Keep it at 10 League Promotion and do that. Also make the change that Cup Entry is automatic for Super League Players next time round unless you 'Opt Out'. And also, I am thinking a mojor change. Each round make it 4 Games, 1 each on HOME Map and 2 Sunny on 2 FIXED RANDOM MAPS. 3 Points for 4-0, 2 Points for 3-1, 1 Point for 2-2 and you get KO'd for losing 1-3 or 0-4.

Thoughts Guys?

Clanlord Carl wrote:Now I am become Death, the destroyer of players. Will i get another 'really useful' bye ?

Well im hoping some of the weaker players (the ones promoted up from the lower divisions like the first) will let me do the double over them again.
My record is W,W,W,W,W,W,W,4,3 - and im the current CC 1v1 champion somehow i think ill manage.
Last edited by Clanlord Carl on Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel Clanlord Carl

Postby Clanlord Carl on Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:11 am

Craig25 wrote:I see you managed to sneak your way back into the Premier by finishing 3rd in The Championship Carl................ :D You need to try to replicate your Cup form in the League, but, the Premier is where all the Top Players do their business so I reckon you could struggle again...............You think you could stay up this time? :D

Thoughts Guys?

Doesn't really affect me much but losing 1-3 and out would be a bit too brutal.
Maybe 0-4 is out and 1-3 twice is out. (Worried of you getting another early bath here Craig).
Colonel Clanlord Carl

Postby plurple on Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:58 am

As one of the players who is scraping by some of the rounds going from having to win 1/3 games to 2/4 games is a much higher ask.
You will have a lot more players falling out of the competition just look at how few players are invincible in the leagues over the years.
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Tviorr on Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:04 pm

I dont think you can auto opt people into 1 tourney based on membership in another. Pretty sure CC wouldnt go for that, and I think thered be fallout from players that felt shanghaied. Keep promoting the cup in the League updates and Im sure that the vast majority of serious players having fun in the Leagues will join the cup as well.

Im kinda liking the survival setup of the current cup. Looks deceptively easy to stay in, but the risk accumulates. I know it makes for a number of survival rounds, expecially if the number of participants keeps growing, but Im thinking that having to win half your games to stay in will make for a massive elimination rate. I would much prefer the stamina of having to survive over and over for 8-10-12 rounds.
Major Tviorr

Postby Craig25 on Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:51 pm

The Tournaments are indeed connected Tviorr. You were right the 1st time :D

Plus, it gives players who play the Cup an advantage in the League when they are in with a chance of gaining a humongous Promotion through the Cup. Plus, nobody would be shanghaied into it. It would all be above board, to Opt Out would be given the same coverage as REST SEASONS and HOME MAP changes. It would just be a post on the forum. In addition 3 or 4 games in a Cup Tie is nothing for Super League Players.

Welcome to the forum Plurple. This is where the League and Cup are shaped, any big changes always get put to the Players to vote on it in a poll though.

Okay, I am thinking we do keep it at 3 Games then! It does make the survival aspect of it very fun.

However, a change I do think would be good is changing it to the same settings as Super League, Flat Rate and Adj and the same BANNED Maps. I would deffo like to see that introduced for the 2nd Cup Tourney. Thoughts?

Tviorr wrote:Its never okay to give you compliments ;)

Im thinking that the Super League and the Cup is connected, so I would say points. Its your tourney so when all is said and done you decide if and how many points should apply.

As for the super 1o league promotion to the cup winner, Im thinking that an easy way to avoid too much mess would be to only allow one active super promotion. - In other words when the next cup winner is found, the previous cup winners remaining super promotions are negated. - A cup winner would have to spend his/her promotions while still being the reigning cup winner...?
Colonel Craig25

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2023