Conquer Club

Make rating easier

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Make rating easier

Postby lethlethe on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:49 am

Concise description:
  • After the game has ended (or after you've been eliminated) make it possible to rate ALL the players DIRECTLY on the game page without jumping to another page.

Specifics/Details:
  • Currently, when rating players you are send to the rating page where you rate with stars in the three categories and add "explanatory tags" (rude, good strategy, etc.) if you want. However, this procedure could be organized better and more efficient if a player can rate stars to ALL players DIRECTLY on the game page itself. (For example: players could be listed vertically, with three columns next to their names with the three rating categories.) To add tags, the player is given the option to go to the rating page to select the appropriate tags.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • - This would make rating the players in your games more smoothly, especially in games with a lot of players. You wouldn't have to jump back and forth between the game page and the different rating pages of your opponents (unless you would like to add some specifics).
    - Since the rating proces goes more smoothly, more people will rate their fellow players because they do not have to go through the (granted, minor but in today's fast-paced information society still considerable) hassle of having to click again and again to go back and forth between the different pages. Especially if you take into account that most people only rate stars, this will make rating a lot more straightforward and thus make it more widespread.
    - As a first side-effect, you will have an overview of all your ratings of all the players in the game which makes it easier to compare players. Rating will become more nuanced, differentiated and thus more valuable overall.
    - As a second side-effect, tagging will be done more consciously since players have to jump to another page (which they have to do now anyway).

EDIT: made the subject line of this post shorter
Last edited by lethlethe on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain lethlethe

Re: Direct rating of all players on the game page

Postby anonymus on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:59 am

+1 i have totally stopped giving ratings while under big gameload since it takes half a day..
/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Re: Direct rating of all players on the game page

Postby lethlethe on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:21 am

PS: this could be implemented together with the following suggestion (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=93629&start=15) which would also increase the interest of tagging.
Captain lethlethe

Re: Make rating easier

Postby lethlethe on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:31 am

Also: if you have the rating system on the game page you have a direct acces to the log or the game chat to form your judgment. This will be very helpful for many reasons. For example: in long games you do not always remember how somebody acted in chat or if somebody was a deadbeat. Off course, you can check the log and the game chat also in the current set-up but now you would be able to do all these actions from the same page...
Captain lethlethe

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:14 pm

I'm going to give this a +1 even though I don't like the rating system at all and I have no idea how hard this would be. But it just makes sense.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Dibbun on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Yes yes yes.
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Leitz on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:07 am

Aye!
My tournament series: Leitz League of Legendary (LLL)
Sergeant 1st Class Leitz

Postby lethlethe on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:40 am

I'm bumping this because I still think this is a very sensible suggestion, deserving the undivided attention of the CC-community. :-)
Captain lethlethe

Postby chapcrap on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:40 am

I'm not sure how important this is. I almost never rate anyone anymore unless it's to give someone a bad rating. It's just a pain and cumbersome.

If I could do it all from one game screen, then I would rate more people. Not everyone, but more people.

If everyone getting ratings are important to lack/admins/whoever is in charge, then I say this could merit a look. Otherwise, I just want to play games, not give ratings.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby lethlethe on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:07 am

chapcrap wrote:
If I could do it all from one game screen, then I would rate more people.

=> my point exactly!
Captain lethlethe

Postby lethlethe on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:54 pm

No that there is a new topic manager for the suggestions, I would like to give this suggestion a bump.

Like someone posted above: it just makes sense.

So, now that CC is streamlining the suggestions forum, why not streamline the rating process too?

Please give this thread some love and attention. :)
Captain lethlethe

Make Giving Ratings Easier

Postby lethlethe on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm

I have no idea why this very good suggestion was moved to the "rejected forum", so I'm posting it again, here.

Previous version: viewtopic.php?f=471&t=151809.

Concise description:
After the game has ended (or after you've been eliminated) make it possible to rate ALL the players DIRECTLY on the game page without jumping to another page.

Specifics/Details:
Currently, when rating players you are send to the rating page where you rate with stars in the three categories and add "explanatory tags" (rude, good strategy, etc.) if you want. However, this procedure could be organized better and more efficient if a player can rate stars to ALL players DIRECTLY on the game page itself. (For example: players could be listed vertically, with three columns next to their names with the three rating categories.) To add tags, the player is given the option to go to the rating page to select the appropriate tags.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- This would make rating the players in your games more smoothly, especially in games with a lot of players. You wouldn't have to jump back and forth between the game page and the different rating pages of your opponents (unless you would like to add some specifics).
- Since the rating proces goes more smoothly, more people will rate their fellow players because they do not have to go through the (granted, minor but in today's fast-paced information society still considerable) hassle of having to click again and again to go back and forth between the different pages. Especially if you take into account that most people only rate stars, this will make rating a lot more straightforward and thus make it more widespread.
- As a first side-effect, you will have an overview of all your ratings of all the players in the game which makes it easier to compare players. Rating will become more nuanced, differentiated and thus more valuable overall.
- As a second side-effect, tagging will be done more consciously since players have to jump to another page (which they have to do now anyway).
Captain lethlethe

Re: Make Giving Ratings Easier

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Please do not create duplicate topics just because one was moved to rejected. Topics that flag in activity routinely get sent to rejected so that the main forum is not cluttered with inactive topics. This is not always an implicit rejection of the actual idea, and most likely was not in this case. If you wish to revive an old suggestion, you may PM a Suggestions moderator and ask them to move the topic back to the main forum.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby lethlethe on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:24 am

Ok, fine by me & makes sense. Could somebody delete this double post from this forum? Thanks!
Captain lethlethe

Postby agentcom on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:51 pm

lethlethe wrote:Ok, fine by me & makes sense. Could somebody delete this double post from this forum? Thanks!

As a matter of policy, moderators do not delete posts from users.
Colonel agentcom

Return to Archived Suggestions