Conquer Club

3d map. Life in prison...Money and Respect (new poll.page 7)

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What angle do you think is best? (look at page 7 for the images)

Total votes : 0

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:49 pm

DiM...y-ou have my support to bring variety to the RISK gameboard. good on you for wanting to extend boundaries and try different things. If it wasn't for this concept of extending boundaries and trying new things, then we indeed might not have computers. :D
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby gimil on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:38 am

BTW DiM yur monkey doesnt ahve a tail :shock:
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:08 am

dominationnation wrote:Im guessing that monkey an respect are both army bonuses. If it isnt than it really isnt risk.

it's money not monkey :lol:

money are like army bonuses meaning that you get some troops (called money in the game) every turn. respect also gives you troops but not every turn. one time bonuses when you complete some respect areas.

and both of them act like triggers. you must have a minimum respect and money to gain access to certain areas.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:08 am

cairnswk wrote:DiM...y-ou have my support to bring variety to the RISK gameboard. good on you for wanting to extend boundaries and try different things. If it wasn't for this concept of extending boundaries and trying new things, then we indeed might not have computers. :D

thanks mate. :)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:09 am

gimil wrote:BTW DiM yur monkey doesnt ahve a tail :shock:

he's wearing pants :D
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:57 am

DiM wrote:he's wearing pants :D

:shock:

monkeys dont wear pants
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Steel Panzer on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:44 am

=D> =D> =D> love the idea! lets just hope that it can be done [-o< , if it cant you can alter a bit the idea and instead of two types of bonuses, you can stick to one. limit yourself ........for now :wink:
Corporal 1st Class Steel Panzer

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:40 am

Needless to say I totally disagree with this idea. Seems like the type of maps that Dim tries to bring to the foundry are not my kettle of fish... :)

Better see what the response for Age of Merchants is before going into this new venture mate!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby dominationnation on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:52 am

DiM wrote:
dominationnation wrote:Im guessing that monkey an respect are both army bonuses. If it isnt than it really isnt risk.

it's money not monkey :lol:

money are like army bonuses meaning that you get some troops (called money in the game) every turn. respect also gives you troops but not every turn. one time bonuses when you complete some respect areas.

and both of them act like triggers. you must have a minimum respect and money to gain access to certain areas.
sorry about the typo. I just really scare for the the monkey. ANyway, I get it now. I think that it is a great Idea however we will have to wait until the next xml update before doing one time bonuses
Cook dominationnation

Postby DiM on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:34 pm

Ruben Cassar wrote:Needless to say I totally disagree with this idea. Seems like the type of maps that Dim tries to bring to the foundry are not my kettle of fish... :)

Better see what the response for Age of Merchants is before going into this new venture mate!

yeah it seems so. but hey i can't please everybody. as you can see some love the idea and some hate it.

and waiting for the response on AoM is not quite possible. AoM has been in final forge for almost a month. andy and keyogi keep asking for the final images and the xml, i give them and nothing. who knows, maybe it will take another month before it is quenched. i can't afford to wait that long.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:37 pm

Steel Panzer wrote:=D> =D> =D> love the idea! lets just hope that it can be done [-o< , if it cant you can alter a bit the idea and instead of two types of bonuses, you can stick to one. limit yourself ........for now :wink:

dominationnation wrote:ANyway, I get it now. I think that it is a great Idea however we will have to wait until the next xml update before doing one time bonuses

i'm glad you like it guys. i really like the 2 bonuses thing and i'll wait until it is possible. i'll only adjust the gameplay if lack says some features will never be introduced.
Major DiM

Postby Kaplowitz on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:52 pm

I think i like the idea of 3d, maybe i need to see a draft. Also, isnt mibi doing a prison thing?
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby Spockers on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:09 pm

I can't imagine anything more pointless
Private 1st Class Spockers

Postby dominationnation on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:39 pm

Spockers wrote:I can't imagine anything more pointless
[-X [-( bad boy
Cook dominationnation

Postby Wisse on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:32 am

Kaplowitz wrote:I think i like the idea of 3d, maybe i need to see a draft. Also, isnt mibi doing a prison thing?

yup but he said there is room enough for anather one
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Wisse on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:39 am

DiM wrote:if this isn't quenched soon the monkey gets it. :twisted:

no don't shoot andy!!!!
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby hulmey on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:25 am

Why are people so negative on this site....

If it cant be done you all just wasted 2 mins of your life typing negative bullshit and if it can be done DIM is the new Messiah :) :) :) :)
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:29 am

Kaplowitz wrote:I think i like the idea of 3d, maybe i need to see a draft. Also, isnt mibi doing a prison thing?

i said before the map isn't finished i just posted a few images to get the idea. i'll post more when the 3d part is done.

and yes mibi is doing a prison map but if you check the gameplay on either of the maps you'll see it's totally different.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:31 am

usually i ignore you spockers but i'm really baffled of your constant negative posts on any map. i don't think i've seen you post something nice about a map. or even something constructive. :wink:

feel free to ignore my post as i will continue to ignore yours.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:33 am

Wisse wrote:no don't shoot andy!!!!

it's not my fault it's the convict. he wants to become kingpin. :lol:
Major DiM

Postby hulmey on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:54 am

Yeah spockers , keyogi's lap dog ...woof woof
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby gimil on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:11 am

DiM wrote:

usually i ignore you spockers but i'm really baffled of your constant negative posts on any map. i don't think i've seen you post something nice about a map. or even something constructive. :wink:

feel free to ignore my post as i will continue to ignore yours.

lol i second that
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:23 am

why was this thread moved to the ideas sub forum? it's a map in development not an idea. :wink: please move it back.
Major DiM

Postby hulmey on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:37 am

by the powers that be :)
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby KEYOGI on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:50 am

DiM wrote:why was this thread moved to the ideas sub forum? it's a map in development not an idea. :wink: please move it back.

I understand you intend to develop the map DiM, but for the time being it is still a map idea. I've decided to get proactive on moving some threads to try and encourage people to post their ideas in the appropriate forum. I was waiting for the announcement to be ready which would explain the whole process, but I think if we've got the Map Ideas forum here, we might as well use it properly.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

PreviousNext

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas