H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (17/17)[D1 Start]

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:37 pm

I think that a little bit longer Day 1 deadline is advisable, but at this point, I do not think that lynching someone simply to kill them is a great idea.

I do think that few more people could try and post and be active though. DoomYoshi, do you need to make another list of the players to say who they think is scummy? ;)
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:07 pm

chapcrap wrote:I think that a little bit longer Day 1 deadline is advisable, but at this point, I do not think that lynching someone simply to kill them is a great idea.

I do think that few more people could try and post and be active though. DoomYoshi, do you need to make another list of the players to say who they think is scummy? ;)

Hey, whatever works. As of now, since we have a deadline, I doubt we would see much effectiveness from that strategy. However, strike raised a lot of good points. If we got just the defenses from those during the day, it would be a productive day.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby jonty125 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:42 am

Strike, edoc. I made my most recent post on 2nd Feb & its only the 4th today. It's at the very top of the last page.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby edocsil on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:56 am

I know. It was the part about pointless lynches. Should have said so.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (17/17)[N1]

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:18 am

The giant of a man sat back, half-content with this day. He hadn't managed to dispose of the do-gooders yet, but neither had they discovered his underlings. Things were looking up. Now that night approached, he could dispense with the pretenses needed to keep the public unawares, and the heavy lifting would begin.

There is no lynch.

It is now night time. All actions are due by Monday, ~12:00 p.m., PST (that should give everybody plenty of time, I won't even get out of class until 4ish anyway).

-Tails
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (17/17)[N1] No lynch.

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Sorting through night actions, any late actions will no longer be received. Scene and results should come within the next hour or so.

-Tails

Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Hectic Eclectic Mafia (15/17)[D2] No escape.

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Orr, good friend and tent-mate of Yossarian, recognized the absurdity of the Catch-22. He recognized that he had two choices: escape or die. He intentionally had his bomber plane shot down every mission so that he could safely guide the wreckage to safety, with future plans to escape to Sweden. Unfortunately for this mission, he was paired with Havermeyer, "the best damn bomber pilot we've got," who always insisted on flying straight over the targets despite whichever anti-aircraft weapons were present. Whilst flying over the target area, shells exploded everywhere around his craft, and Orr landed his ship safely, although he was banged up a bit. Upon his exit from the craft, an enemy disemboweled him before he had time to react.

crazymilkshake5, playing Orr, town busdriver, has been killed.

Singer, mediator, polemic, pimp, and frequent victim of police brutality and color loss, Franklin Bluth was a puppet of uncanny character. He oft provided street cred to Gob's antics, and everybody loved him. Alas, a puppet's defenses are minimal at best, and his soft, pliable polyester skin was ripped open, whereupon his cotton stuffing spilled out.

edocsil, playing Franklin the puppet, town tracker, has been killed.

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. There is no deadline as of yet.

Day 2 go!

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (15/17)[D2] No escape for deserter

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:34 pm

edocsil was a good bowler and a good man... He was one of us... He was a man who loved the outdoors...and bowling...

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Oh dear. Any info from the night?
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:11 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Oh dear. Any info from the night?
Let's see, the tracker is dead, the busdriver is dead as well so we have know idea what he did last night so anything that we do manage to drudge up has the possibility of contamination. Yeah, I think we aren't going to have anything to go on from this night...
Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:26 pm

I will try to find time tonight for something. I have a potential of 3 cases I want to bring up, but I am not going to go in with a weak case. Busy right now, but I will do my best to build my cases.
Cadet ghostly447

Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Well, the strongest case I have is going to be DoomYoshi. To start, he is not posting as much as I saw him posting in the other game I was in with him (where he was one of the most active posters, and a townie).

DoomYoshi wrote:
edocsil wrote:Unvote

Perhaps ghostly should be looked at if sound flips scum, but I don't think the lead is a good one ATM.

Although ghostly was the only called out for defending eagle; PCM also did not vote, and was in at least one of the blacklist causing games. I am not saying either is scummy, but strike's hypothesis makes sense. If soundman does end up being scummy, PCM is a stronger candidate to look at then ghostly.

In any case, Unvote. Clearly the air is too foul for joke votes now.

This needs to be seen from a different point of view. It was originally looked over, but I see it as a scum tale. There was no main case, but I feel he was looking too far into this. Talking to the extent that I feel it was “After we lynch soundman, let’s try to lynch ghostly”. Trying to get 2 in 1 go in other words. I am not going to try to tell you what he said, just what I am seeing with it in my opinion.

DoomYoshi wrote:Well, I have been thinking about this a while now. I think pancake is right. It is a rite of passage. Edoc, saf and jonty are also right, the rite of passage needs to be completed.

However, lurking gets under my skin.
vote la galleta

I may switch this to new guy or ghostly depending on how the next day pans out (how they react most likely).

The main deal here was me defending new guy1, and new guy1 being pressured to death by several people till he claimed. Again, I feel he tried to change the subject to make it so that New guy1 would look forever guilty in the eyes of some, and they could still kill la galleta (another 2 in 1).

DoomYoshi wrote:Which cookie are you la galleta? I see multiple cookies in the picture. How am I supposed to know which cookie to talk to? I don't suppose you are related to Pancakemix, eh?

vote new guy

Well, new guy, I understand what you are saying about not understanding the difference between no lynch and no vote. If it were merely a placeholder you would be clear in my eyes. I can understand you won't make that mistake again.

However, as spiesr pointed out, the problem is that you are waiting for someone else to make a case. Admitting that creates a problem. At this point, it is time to claim. I feel we may have gotten lucky here.

May have gotten lucky? It led to a mason claim. After seeing the previous evidence, the only thing that goes through my mind is that he led the pressure on 1, switched to another, and before either of those, tried to connect me to a player who had just gotten here because I defended someone because I thought it was public abuse on a 13 year old kid.

I think he is trying to manipulate things to the point that we are too busy lynching 3-4 townies, so he and his fellow mafia can finish off 1-2 every night (I assume the second kill was an SK, but I do not know).

Also, on top of this, I couldn’t gather anything, but I have a strange feeling about CLEVER who hasn’t posted in FOREVER. And I also have a strange feeling about Chapcrap (if Chap flips mafia, I don’t think it would be a completely secure plan to go after StrikeWolf, but MAYBE keep it in mind. Not really a strong lead there). I don’t have anything to go against them with quite yet, but there is something there, I just have a feeling. Lol.

So, out of this. Vote Doomyoshi
FOS CLEVER
FOS ChapCrap
Cadet ghostly447

General Achievement (1)

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:08 pm

ebwop And I know, this is not too strong a case. But I feel it is the strongest we have. If someone can provide a stronger one, I do not mind this one being put on a back burner, or dealing with it if this one is proved as not strong enough.
Cadet ghostly447

General Achievement (1)

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 pm

I dont know what to do, but we have to do something to get/keep things moving. We lost 2 power roles. Scene was posted today - hopefully someone has more info.

I see and appreciate your case on doom yoshi ghostly, but I just dont know, doom is usually one of the players that doesnt like to stay stagnant and is not afraid to switch gears. especially when things are not very active.
Art by pershy
Major MoB Deadly

Medals: 134
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (10)
Clan Achievement (34) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:17 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:I dont know what to do, but we have to do something to get/keep things moving. We lost 2 power roles. Scene was posted today - hopefully someone has more info.

I see and appreciate your case on doom yoshi ghostly, but I just dont know, doom is usually one of the players that doesnt like to stay stagnant and is not afraid to switch gears. especially when things are not very active.

Then what exactly do we do? Leave him be? It is the best case I see around, and I read through the whole thing again. We need to test him at some time because if he is the mafia and we always trust that he is town, we are screwed.
Cadet ghostly447

General Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives