Season One and Season Two of the TPA had very nice logos, with Tournament Cups designed by Sir Ricco. Ricco is unfortunately no longer active, and we are offering YOU a chance to win some prizes by designing a Cup for this year.
First, have a look at the two previous Cups:
The Season One Cup, 169x216 pixels
The Season Two Cup, 156x216 pixels
The TPA Cups are based on the standard CC Tournament Cup.
These probably give you a decent idea of what the TPA Cups have in common:
- Each is based on the Standard CC Tournament Achievement Medal (Tournament Cup)
- Each has the CC star.
- Each has the current year. (Season 1 = 2010, Season 3 = 2012)
- Each has the letters "TPA" and the full title "Tournament Players Association"
- Each has a decorative wreath of some kind around the cup.
- They are something in the neighbourhood of 160 x 216 pixels.
Despite their similarities, the Cups are clearly distinctive. There is no mistaking the one for the other, even without reading the year.
So now you know what we want:
The same, but different. Different, but the same. In other words, create a logo that is immediately recognizable as being in the same family as the others, but at the same time has a new and distinctive personality.
(If you are going to make a significant change, Point 3 above is the weakest. Since TPA seasons span multiple calendar years, it might be a good idea to drop the calendar year and say "Season 3" instead.)
Now, about the contest:
- You have three weeks to create your entry and submit it by PM to DaveH. Contest opens on November 16th and closes three weeks later on December 7th.
(Since DaveH lives on the Prime Meridian, we can allow a decent grace period by having him accept entries until the afternoon of December 8th.)
- The entries will be judged by a panel consisting of
- Night Strike
- Night Strike has offered to open the Tournament Department prize vault and offer the following prizes, if and only if there is decent popular interest in this contest, consisting of at least 10 serious entries:
- 6 months Premium to the winner
- 1 Conquer Cup entry to the 1st runner-up (or equivalent value in Conquer Credits)
- General Achievement medals to the winner, the 1st runner-up, and a 2nd runner-up.
- If we get fewer than 10 entries, the premium prize will not be awarded, but the Conquer Cup entry will be given to the winner and the GA medals to the winner and the first runner-up.
- By submitting an entry you obviously grant CC and the TPA the right to use your graphic. You certify that this is your work. Nothing is created in a vacuum, but please no blatant plagiarism.
- We expect the judging will take place during the week of December 8th to December 15th and the winner will be announced on the 16th.
Judging by some of the signatures and avatars out there, CC has no shortage of graphical genius, so this should be fun for a lot of you.